What do y'all expect from JJ today?

BamaGrad03

Is the offense any different with him at the helm? Is it more of a pass feature?

And does he stay in the game longer if AU's offense comes out firing on all cylinders? I know Marshall is the guy, but does JJ get a few more reps (even if just as a reward) if he comes out hitting?

Also, Kudos to Gus (and Nick) in how they've handled this whole thing. I think it's been done with a lot of class.

Im not one that you could consider to be "in the know" but i dont expect a whole lot to change. Obviously JJ is not as fast as Nick, but i do think he can get the job done in the running game, and maybe outdo nick in the passing game. I would expect that JJ doesnt stand a great chance of playing in the 2nd half regardless. He has a lot of weapons around him. Should be fun.

Whats your take on Sims for this afternoon?

Im not one that you could consider to be "in the know" but i dont expect a whole lot to change. Obviously JJ is not as fast as Nick, but i do think he can get the job done in the running game, and maybe outdo nick in the passing game. I would expect that JJ doesnt stand a great chance of playing in the 2nd half regardless. He has a lot of weapons around him. Should be fun.

Whats your take on Sims for this afternoon?

We have always employed a zone read package for Sims, but I think tonight we won't show it. They're going to want to force Blake to play the other side of that game, especially against a softer defense. I do think they'll bring both QBs along somewhat with training wheels and still focus on our run game. But WVU will load the box and try and force us to throw it - with their best CB out of the game, and an already weak passing defense, I don't think that's a good idea against our WR corps - regardless of who is at QB.

All in all, I expect a lot of points, but that won't mean we're safe at QB - could just mean we are facing a soft defense. I'm very interested in how both QBs do when they DO get pressured. Sims has a tendency to bail with his feet, and Coker seems to force the ball.

How could it not change? JJ can run but Nick is in another league. That said, I expect we will see Nick pretty early in the game so I don't think it will be a big issue anyway.

War eagle and RTR to you bamagrad03. I like the idea of the two best programs in the country being in our state and am looking forward to some classic Iron Bowls in the years to come.

How could it not change? JJ can run but Nick is in another league. That said, I expect we will see Nick pretty early in the game so I don't think it will be a big issue anyway.

War eagle and RTR to you bamagrad03. I like the idea of the two best programs in the country being in our state and am looking forward to some classic Iron Bowls in the years to come.

I like it too. Especially considering how tired I get of hearing OSU/Michigan fans even dare suggest their rivalry is better or more heated (it's not).

I just wonder with JJ in the game if they're still going to try and keep the continuity of the overall philosophy of the offense - which is run first, or if they'll try to show/work on a different element that they could possibly employ in a tight game in the future.

I just wonder with JJ in the game if they're still going to try and keep the continuity of the overall philosophy of the offense - which is run first, or if they'll try to show/work on a different element that they could possibly employ in a tight game in the future.

I think that the zone read/read option stuff is the true identity of this particular offense*, so I would venture a guess that we will still feature that heavily with JJ in the game. I do think we'll see more play action with JJ in the game than we saw last year, but I think we'll see Nick run a little more of that, also. So, to answer your question, I suspect the looks and sets will be the same, but we'll see JJ keep the ball a lot less and throw it a little more.

I'm guessing that Nick will start the 2nd half regardless of score, but that's pure conjecture. I just hope that we have a lead whenever he comes in, so that we don't have to battle the perception that it was a competitive decision and not a punitive one.

*I say "this particular offense" because Gus will tweak his offense every year based on available personnel, and he'll change it quite a bit when we change QBs. We've got 2 pro-style-but-mobile QBs on deck in JJ and Sean White, and then who knows after that.

JJ will do great on the first drive or two, getting td's as expected before turning it over to NM. Let the Heisman campaign begin. WDE!

JJ will do great on the first drive or two, getting td's as expected before turning it over to NM. Let the Heisman campaign begin. WDE!

This is what I expect. I think NM will be in by the 3rd series, but like others, I'm just speculating.

it was said on 'THE DRIVE" radio show this week that gus was "livid" with nick about him getting in trouble....I don't expect to see marshall in the first half at all....if JJ is settled and not nervous and uptight, it could be rough on the stinkers.....on the other hand.......I don't even want to think about that

it was said on 'THE DRIVE" radio show this week that gus was "livid" with nick about him getting in trouble....I don't expect to see marshall in the first half at all....if JJ is settled and not nervous and uptight, it could be rough on the stinkers.....on the other hand.......I don't even want to think about that

I'd be upset from a leadership standpoint, but I'm not gonna crush the guy for a little weed. I'd be much more upset if he got a DUI.

I expect him to have some jitters early then catch a rhythm. JJ moves alot better than some think. He's very athletic and he played small forward at a high level in b ball as well. He would guard the opposing teams best scorer at times because he was so athletic and long. He seems to have gotten pretty big so maybe he'll run more power type runs

Why pull JJ if we're winning by a good bit? Why risk the injury? I'd rather see Sean White come in for some reps to be honest :D/>

Uh yeah, I'd be shocked if SW puts down the clipboard at all this year.

Why pull JJ if we're winning by a good bit? Why risk the injury? I'd rather see Sean White come in for some reps to be honest :D/>

Oh me too but I'd like to see him play haha

I expect him to have some jitters early then catch a rhythm. JJ moves alot better than some think. He's very athletic and he played small forward at a high level in b ball as well. He would guard the opposing teams best scorer at times because he was so athletic and long. He seems to have gotten pretty big so maybe he'll run more power type runs

yep, i expect gus to utilize him just like he utilized Cam

Oh me too but I'd like to see him play haha

I hear ya, he's gonna be fun to watch!

Archived