***Auburn vs. Arkansas Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

because he could

Well it certainly worked out for him. ;)

I just hope he pays attention. A full speed collision with a photographer (for example) would get him a lot more publicity opportunities. ;D

Go back and watch last years game vs. uat. When we score to tie the game late. The ball boy is flying down the sidelines with coates. If you watch it and focus on him you'll see him blow a tire at the end and land on his arse... lol. He was moving though..

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

amazed, shocked, amused, embarrassed, etc. at our Auburn fan's posts during the second quarter. One poorly played quarter and we have a losing season, we need to fire Coach Ellis, the defense went backward, blah, blah, blah.

It's as if nothing short of perfection brings out the knives.

This surprises you? It has been the same thing since pre-2010. Freaking out is an art form here.

Someone explained to me a few years ago that many people posting on AE don't really know much about football in general just follow AU ...and thus some of the comments and observations will cause me to shake my head.

Maybe it's still the same way......people that think football is a game of perfection for Auburn.....we should never make mistakes, should physically dominate every team we play .....and of course the other team's players will get no credit or recognition for a great play on offense or defense...it's always because someone at AU (coach or player) screwed up.

amazed, shocked, amused, embarrassed, etc. at our Auburn fan's posts during the second quarter. One poorly played quarter and we have a losing season, we need to fire Coach Ellis, the defense went backward, blah, blah, blah.

I thought it was kind of funny to go back and read the game thread after the game.

It reminded me of when I was young and would over-react by "awfulizing" stuff happening early in a game. My father would always tell me to calm down and point out there was a lot of game yet to play.

It's a sign of naive enthusiasm I suppose.

Johnson is generally known to be one of the best in the business at halftime adjustments, and it showed last night.

Heck, it's been shown at most of the games we've played with him at DC..

This surprises you? It has been the same thing since pre-2010. Freaking out is an art form here.

Someone explained to me a few years ago that many people posting on AE don't really know much about football in general just follow AU ...and thus some of the comments and observations will cause me to shake my head.

Maybe it's still the same way......people that think football is a game of perfection for Auburn.....we should never make mistakes, should physically dominate every team we play .....and of course the other team's players will get no credit or recognition for a great play on offense or defense...it's always because someone at AU (coach or player) screwed up.

80% of people posting on message boards during a game don't really know beans about football. About 10% understand a decent amount and another 10% are excellent at understanding all the intricacies of what is going on during a game. Thus the flood of stupidity that comes out when things are going bad.

I think Arky will be much improved this year. A couple of dropped passes really hurt their offensive momentum. Their OL is huge and move pretty well for giants. Always get nervous for Arky, glad its out of the way.

Had a great time at the game. I took my nephew and his gf who were raised in Colorado. They enjoyed it a lot. Totally different football environment from out west. They were amazed at how nice all the Auburn fans were.

As far as game takeaways: I feel like our D will continue to get better throughout the season like our offense did last year. Duke is a flat out BEAST. I'm going to enjoy him for the short year we have him. Our DB play was a little concerning leaving WRs wide open even in the 2nd half when the Dline stepped up. Again..i feel we have good talent on defense and they'll progress each week. WDE!

I didn't see anybody call for CEJ head personally

I did it. And ill admit, it is my honest opinion that the jury is still out on him. We cant be content with mediocrity, and frankly, id have taken mediocrity over the first half of that arky game

I didnt see anyone call for coach ellis in the game thread. He will never be ted roof, so just remind them of him if they get annoying for you ;)

The defense was total crap in the first half though.

I didnt see anyone call for coach ellis in the game thread. He will never be ted roof, so just remind them of him if they get annoying for you ;)

The defense was total crap in the first half though.

Hey....maybe Arky's new offense was pretty good...anyone want to consider that possibility? Meanwhile.....keep in mind that it is a 60 minute game .....Arky's offense was new to us this year.....and CEJ did what good coaches do which is adapt and AU took about everything away from the Arky offense that was successful in the first half.

I do wonder if some folks pay any attention to football other than Auburn....if so, you might have noticed that it was pretty common yesterday for teams like Bama, Ohio State, Georgia, (and keep naming them cause there were plenty more)....to have problems defensively in the first half....and then go on to win their games with reasonable margins.

Auburn has been a second half team for the past half dozen years it seems...under a variety of coaches. I give major props to our coaches for being able to respond to what the opposition is doing and come up with solutions.

80% of people posting on message boards during a game don't really know beans about football. About 10% understand a decent amount and another 10% are excellent at understanding all the intricacies of what is going on during a game. Thus the flood of stupidity that comes out when things are going bad.

I'm not sure about your analysis of people posting during the game, there is an emotional component (and maybe alcohol?) that is usually not present, but it didn't require Knute Rockne to realize our front 7 was getting whipped when 2/3 of the tackles were made by the secondary in the first half.

I did it. And ill admit, it is my honest opinion that the jury is still out on him. We cant be content with mediocrity, and frankly, id have taken mediocrity over the first half of that arky game

You think the jury is still out on CEJ? That's funny.

Why would you say that? Or better yet who was that someone? Maybe it was TOW

Had a great time at the game. I took my nephew and his gf who were raised in Colorado. They enjoyed it a lot. Totally different football environment from out west. They were amazed at how nice all the Auburn fans were.

As far as game takeaways: I feel like our D will continue to get better throughout the season like our offense did last year. Duke is a flat out BEAST. I'm going to enjoy him for the short year we have him. Our DB play was a little concerning leaving WRs wide open even in the 2nd half when the Dline stepped up. Again..i feel we have good talent on defense and they'll progress each week. WDE!

Great to hear.

Totally enjoyed the game..... Impressed with the win.

Questions still?, yes, but early still too.... Let's see how the season unfolds...

You think the jury is still out on CEJ? That's funny.

You think he has done something to show us a good defense? I sure havnt seen it. I havnt been able to sit back and say "wow im glad ellis johnson is our DC" since he got here.

^^^part of the 80%

^^^part of the 80%

^^^ yet another part of the 80%. Good to know there are more idiots on this board than just me.

Well it's nice to know that "I know you are but what am I" makes a nostalgic appearance every now and then.

You must not be able to read too well.

Archived