***Auburn vs. Arkansas Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well...if you didn't know duke is the real deal before...now you know, JJ is the best backup in the sec maybe nation but i hope they get that run d together before the lsu game

2 Arky rushing yards in the second half. 2.

The first half defense was a bit disconcerting. Dline was pushed around and the secondary was letting the receivers run free.

Half time adjustments were good. NM is a difference maker and puts a lot of pressure on opposing defenses. Like you didn't know that. :)

The first half defense was a bit disconcerting. Dline was pushed around and the secondary was letting the receivers run free.

Whatever we did at halftime, we need to do more of it.

I was really excited to see roc thomas tonight. Maybe next week..

With CAP, Grant, and Barber I am not sure that happens unless we take the starters out after the first half.

I want to give props to Melvin Ray. He made two huge plays. The first was a great pace setter with the opening touch down. But even more important I feel was his amazing one handed catch to start the 3rd quarter. Nick threw it too high and we needed to score as Arkansas had the momentum at that point. We punt if he doesn't make that grab and Nick's opening possession doesn't look so good. To me, that was one of the biggest and most important plays of the game.

Whatever we did at halftime, we need to do more of it.

Nice adjustments at the half...both O and D. and generally that's what winning football is all about....making good adjustments.

W!!! Not a bad game. I was a little concerned about the defense in the first half but adjustments and confidence made the difference in the second half. The offense is going to be as good if not better than last year. Well done coaches and players and the fans who stuck it out during the delay.

War Damn Eagle!!!

I liked the way the running backs were running the ball tonight. Glad to see Barber in there also at the end. He looked impressive the few carries he ran.

Overall, I was pleased. Our defense played like crap in the first half, but made solid adjustments at halftime and did outstanding in the 2nd half. Our offense was a tale of two halves. First have, airing it out and the 2nd half running it where ever we wanted too. Shows amazing versatility and we ended up hammering pig boy. 45-21 is a nice win over an SEC opponent.

Anytime you get a conference win by 24 points in your opener and shut out your opponent in the 2nd half you gotta feel good about it. The D will continue to improve and I expect our O to click even more. Solid W.

Archived