Duke Williams

RunInRed

He did great! Needs to know that it is hard to juke, then juke, and the juke/run backwards is hard to do in the SEC. That being said, DUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!!!!!!!

He did great! Needs to know that it is hard to juke, then juke, and the juke/run backwards is hard to do in the SEC. That being said, DUUUUUUUUUUUUKE!!!!!!!!

this. A guy as big and hard to bring down as him really only needs to worry about going north-south

might be going too far but he might go down as auburn's best wr in history....

In one year it is going to be hard to unseat Beasley.

well....the ones that played only a year at least *shrugs*

Georgia fan was sitting behind me at the game. After a Duke catch, he just "That dude is SICK" He knew what we have in Duke!

He was everything people said. I don't think he's as fast as I've read but he's certainly as strong.

Plays absolutely huge. Coates is clearly the faster guy, but Duke's hands are incredible. He catches everything.

Wonderful complement to Coates. Duke should be able to tear it up on those quick slants all year. We also didn't see him go up for a jump ball in the red zone tonight but that, too, is a dimension he adds. Between our potent run offense and Duke running quick slants, the opposing safeties are going to be even more vulnerable to biting inside and allowing Coates to whiz past them down the seam.

It would have been nice if Coates had caught that pass in the end zone from Marshall. That one should have been a TD. While Duke's play was outstanding Coates was pretty much a non-factor.

It would have been nice if Coates had caught that pass in the end zone from Marshall. That one should have been a TD. While Duke's play was outstanding Coates was pretty much a non-factor.

I agree, I was hoping this year Sammie Coates would put everything together, such as: his freakish talents, soft hands, route running and other unmeasurable intangibles. He has the talents to be a special player if he ever does, but it seems he will be the compliment to Duke until then.

Williams was everything I expected. He ran good routes, got position on the defender, snagged the ball and drove for positive yardage after the catch. That young man is a stud. Ray also had a good game. He's always been a good blocker. He doesn't get a lot of chances as a receiver, but when he gets his chance, he steps up. I'm hoping the QBs find him more often. He deserves the play. As for Coates, it takes more than speed and strength.'Nuff said.

Sammie's drop was disappointing, but he'll make up for it. If teams focus too heavy on Duke and/or Sammie there will be some other guys breaking open.

It just seems like the stage will never be big enough for duke. He seems like he can still get a whole lot better, and that is terrifying for the rest of the country

I suspect we'll see Duke receiving a lot of attention from the D's going forward, this will surely open up Coates, Ray and Louis for more big plays. And, I think Duke can take on any primary corner in the SEC and get his still. This is gonna be an exciting year with our passing game!

might be going too far but he might go down as auburn's best wr in history....

In one year it is going to be hard to unseat Beasley.

If "hard" is meant as euphemism for "impossible", I agree with ya! ;D

Plays absolutely huge. Coates is clearly the faster guy, but Duke's hands are incredible. He catches everything.

Very sticky hands. Almost makes me wonder if he could climb sheer walls like Spider Man. ;)

Archived