Game Clock/stadium

WinForAuburn

What is the deal with our game clock? It seems like we have issues with it every year. Also read we had issues with elevators? This from the Hog board:

Jordan Hare is a great atmosphere but it is in SERIOUS NEED of an upgrade. The scoreboard sucks, the sound system sucks and now the elevator doesn't work. I'm just wondering why they didn't take the stairs like most teams coaches do.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Embarrassing that we can't get our clock fixed. The scoreboard does stink. Half the board is taken up by advertising and stats you can't read. Plus, every fan at the game wanted to see the bama score!

That quote should be forwarded to the athletic department.

Sound system upgrade please

Couldn't hear anything today

A friend of mine that routinely goes to games says that you HAVE to bring a radio set (headphones basically if you have a smart phone) if you want to hear. I understand with a crowd like Aub's it might be loud, but it shouldn't be that loud

The sound could probably be much better, but I have never had a problem hearing announcements sitting in the north end zone. Being directly opposite the speaker system on the south end may be the reason.

The clock malfunction was an embarrassment, on national TV no less. I can't believe someone doesn't check that sort of thing early in the morning on game days. AU has a well-regarded Dept. of Electrical Engineering, so why can't we have a clock that works?

The game clock really pisses me off, it's an embarrassment. Every year we have this issue. I just don't understand it. I'm sure they test it and test it again each week before kickoff, then what the hell happens? Suddenly when we go live it goes dead.

The sound system must be upgraded if for no other reason than safety. Last night in the West upper deck, I could not hear the announcements about clearing the stadium because of the approaching lightning storm and no, I am not deaf! ;D

It is completely embarrassing. If I was Gus I would have some heads this morning. You want to run an uptempo offense and twice it gets slowed down because of malfunctions.

Sound system upgrade please

Couldn't hear anything today

A friend of mine that routinely goes to games says that you HAVE to bring a radio set (headphones basically if you have a smart phone) if you want to hear. I understand with a crowd like Aub's it might be loud, but it shouldn't be that loud

The crowd was DEAD compared to usual in the Arkansas game due to the heat. We were louder after the rain delay with a 1/4 of the people.

Never heard that stadium so quiet in a sold out crowd.

UCF and USF both have better sound systems and I know they're football programs don't have the same amount of money.

Well, lotsa folks are embarrassed. Glad Im not. Technical issues happen, its not anything to be embarrassed about unless you simply must be embarrassed about something. Great day, good win.......press on!

Seriously?

All that matters is that beautiful 100 yards of pristine Bermuda grass and the team that plays on it. I can understand Hog fans looking for something to be hacked off about. They desperately wanted to believe they, not Auburn, had the best new coach in the SEC. I'd be mad as hell if I knew I had to watch that fat coach for the next 2-3 years. The clock and the elevator and whatever else was simply a minor inconvenience to a team on a mission to rectify the most disappointing 13 seconds.

Seriously?

All that matters is that beautiful 100 yards of pristine Bermuda grass and the team that plays on it. I can understand Hog fans looking for something to be hacked off about. They desperately wanted to believe they, not Auburn, had the best new coach in the SEC. I'd be mad as hell if I knew I had to watch that fat coach for the next 2-3 years. The clock and the elevator and whatever else was simply a minor inconvenience to a team on a mission to rectify the most disappointing 13 seconds.

The only reason we know it was 13 seconds is because the clock was working. ;);D

Yes, it is embarrassing for a university who takes pride in its School of Engineering to have an unreliable stadium clock. If this had been an away game, this forum would be full of wisecracks and insults over it.

Embarrassing that we can't get our clock fixed. The scoreboard does stink. Half the board is taken up by advertising and stats you can't read. Plus, every fan at the game wanted to see the bama score!

Need a much bigger one.

Seems like every year those damn clocks stop working everytime we're on ESPN or ABC. Now were on The SEC Network and still those clocks don't work. It is flat out Embarrassing.

Anyone else beside me wondering how one of the nation's best engineering schools can't get a scoreboard running for a football game. Embarrassing ?

Also, reading elsewhere again about the lousy sound system.

We've discussed this in the past but thus far I've not seen any indication that JJ or anyone else has any plans for a better video/replay system or sound system.....an now looks like the scoreboard electrical system could use some help.

It was totally Embarrassing to be on The SEC Network and keep the clocks running. We are a big time university with big time sports teams and yet, we can't get a scoreboard that works all through the game. Come on people. Oh Jay, do something now.

Anyone else beside me wondering how one of the nation's best engineering schools can't get a scoreboard running for a football game. Embarrassing ?

Also, reading elsewhere again about the lousy sound system.

We've discussed this in the past but thus far I've not seen any indication that JJ or anyone else has any plans for a better video/replay system or sound system.....an now looks like the scoreboard electrical system could use some help.

Yeah, it was embarrassing. Definitely the scoreboard/ elevator. Auburn should set the standard in all areas Auburn, not lower it.

Archived