Game Clock/stadium

WinForAuburn

SICK OF THE CLOCK PROBLEMS EVERY YEAR...........

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The sound system was horrible. They had recordings of the band that sounded so bad even my wife ask me what they were playing! Don't know if it was connected, but even the referee's could not be understood.

This wouldn't bother me much if it didn't happen so frequently relative to other schools. I feel it is way to disproportionate in Auburn having clock malfunctions compared to other universities. How can we pride ourselves as an engineering school if we can't get the clock to work? This doesn't seem to occur (at least not often) when Auburn plays on the road. Nor do I see it nearly as often in other non-Auburn games. I don't have statistics to back me up, but going on "feel" it seems this happens way too often at Auburn compared to other schools.

Well, lotsa folks are embarrassed. Glad Im not. Technical issues happen, its not anything to be embarrassed about unless you simply must be embarrassed about something. Great day, good win.......press on!

I'm not embarrassed either, it happens at least once a week it seems like to some school. "It happens" it just needs to be replaced.

As for the board, I'm sick of all the advertisements all over the place ruining our beautiful stadium. Feels like the walls of a subway station.

People have been complaining about the sound system as far back as I can remember. Even in the 80's we complained about it. Don't know why they can't get at least decent sound.

We discuss it every year in the annual expansion/renovation thread but this is hard evidence of what most here have said for years. Let's forget expansion for a bit and really bring everything else up to and beyond the accepted standards. We shouldn't even be talking about crappy sound systems, outdated scoreboards, and malfunctioning elevators and clocks because it should go without saying that they are first class. Well, clearly they are not and it really is time to sink some $$ and get caught up in a big way.

Well, lotsa folks are embarrassed. Glad Im not. Technical issues happen, its not anything to be embarrassed about unless you simply must be embarrassed about something. Great day, good win.......press on!

I'm not embarrassed either, it happens at least once a week it seems like to some school. "It happens" it just needs to be replaced.

As for the board, I'm sick of all the advertisements all over the place ruining our beautiful stadium. Feels like the walls of a subway station.

People have been complaining about the sound system as far back as I can remember. Even in the 80's we complained about it. Don't know why they can't get at least decent sound.

College football is really a cash cow for advertising. Signs in the stadium are just a start. Commercial logos on uniforms and the fields like they have in soccer, rugby Canadian football and arena football could be coming,

I really am afraid we will soon have those nets over the end zones to catch balls after extra points and field goals. I hate those things on TV. I will really dislike them sitting in the stadium. And then they brag about donating money to some scholarship.

VZHUDKWXBZBRDFZ.20060927162823.jpg

Heard somewhere that there was no running water in the upper deck for a large part of the game. Then, when they finally fixed it the bathrooms flooded.

Need to get the ugly plastic AU off the exterior.

I agree with the other upgrades mentioned: scoreboard and sound.

I don't think expansion is good until this happens. I went to TN last year for the first time and remember looking at Neyland as sort of a dump. I don't want our stadium to leave the same impression on recruits.

Embarrassing that we can't get our clock fixed. The scoreboard does stink. Half the board is taken up by advertising and stats you can't read. Plus, every fan at the game wanted to see the bama score!

Not every fan wanted to see the uat score. I, for one, couldn't care less what they are doing until we play them.

I have a real hard time understanding why there were so many problems on Saturday......

Scoreboard

25 second clock

Water station was empty by halftime

No towels in the restroom at halftime, but an attendant to tell me "sorry we are out of towels"

Could not hear the official when he tried to turn on his mic

Concession stands with no food during the weather delay

And my biggest issue....wifi still sucks.

I wish everyone would email Jay Jacobs their complains, and keep doing it until we get results. Jay Jacobs better be glad Gus is fielding a top 5 team, because with this game day experience, I would rather sit in front of my TV than drive from Atlanta experience this. It was embarrassing and not a good game day experience.

a good list...and none are big things but they all add up......not a good way to start the season IMO.

I feel like it's going to take the fat cat alumi forking up the cash for the sound and scoreboard. I don't see any indication that JJ gives a flip about either one. He's not going to loose his job over stadium upgrades. If the money is put in front of him he will be forced to use it.

We have problems with clocks, scoreboards, elevators, plumbing and an ancient sound system. The exterior of the stadium should look like it is finished at least, that would be nice. They invented these things called bricks JJ, maybe you heard about them. We could use some luxury boxes in the North end along with a jumbo-tron in each corner. You know JJ, just like it shows in our now 5 year old master plan.

While J-H deteriorates in front of our eyes all we get are promises and more talk from JJ. He also made promises to Gus that certain improvements WOULD be made to the athletics complex when Gus signed his new contract. You don't give your word then make empty promises like that and expect to keep one of the best head coaches Auburn has ever had. It doesn't work that way. Where will we be then ?

Meanwhile...LSU, TAMU, Miss State and Missouri are all in various phases of on going improvements and now the latest. Kentucky, that's right KENTUCKY football, just announced they are proceeding with $120 million in improvements to their football stadium and $40 million in improvements to their athletics facility.

When JJ did well with the Gus and Pearl hires I was one of the first to support him. But this, this is total amateur hour and way beyond ridiculous for a great institution like Auburn University. So did I mention that J-H had some very bad plumbing issues in certain bathrooms Saturday ? smh

We have a bye week after this coming up game, plus our next game is away. That is 3 weeks of time to upgrade the sound. Perfectly manageable. It might be as simple as replacing the speakers with something much better - I really don't know.

And that is also 3 weeks to work on the gameclock, etc.

I know it won't happen, but would be nice.

Is there some statistical info to back up how AU's clock malfunctions more than other places? I mean, maybe some of those who feel like it happens at AU so often feel that way because they watch AU's games more often than others? Just guessing, I really have no idea.

Sound system upgrade please

Couldn't hear anything today

A friend of mine that routinely goes to games says that you HAVE to bring a radio set (headphones basically if you have a smart phone) if you want to hear. I understand with a crowd like Aub's it might be loud, but it shouldn't be that loud

The crowd was DEAD compared to usual in the Arkansas game due to the heat. We were louder after the rain delay with a 1/4 of the people.

Never heard that stadium so quiet in a sold out crowd.

UCF and USF both have better sound systems and I know they're football programs don't have the same amount of money.

To be fair, USF plays in an NFL stadium.

A friend of mine that routinely goes to games says that you HAVE to bring a radio set (headphones basically if you have a smart phone) if you want to hear. I understand with a crowd like Aub's it might be loud, but it shouldn't be that loud

The crowd was DEAD compared to usual in the Arkansas game due to the heat. We were louder after the rain delay with a 1/4 of the people.

UCF and USF both have better sound systems and I know they're football programs don't have the same amount of money.

And UCF sold the name of its stadium for 15 years to Brighthouse.

And UCF sold the name of its stadium for 15 years to Brighthouse.

Interesting question, how many fans would be OK with selling naming rights if it meant bricking in of the stadium, building luxo boxes in one end zone and seating in other, new scoreboards, upgraded concourses, new sound system, etc etc.

Ha, naming rights aside, I'd imagine we've got the dough for a quality sound system and working clocks. Time for an upgrade period. :)

Archived