props to the kicking game

WDE_OxPx_2010

This was a concern coming in, however it looks like Daniel Carlson will be just fine. Huge leg,very impressed with our entire special teams. Didn't see a drop off today. We'll see once the short, pinning deep punts are needed. WDE Daniel!

Much as I liked Clarke, nice to see a guy who can flip the field with his leg....punted from about our 25 or 30 and next thing we knew, Arky had it on their own 5. Unfortunately (again) we could not keep them down there. Meanwhile, I can't see anyone fair catching one of our punts inside the 50 for the next four years which should be a big help to our defense.

And good kick-offs too....kept 'em deep.

Missing the one FG was obviously a downer, but the next 4 years look pretty good for our kicking game.

My grandpa always said, "If you're going to miss a 41-yd field goal attempt, at least clang it off the bar 3/4 of the way up." Or at least I'm sure he would have said that, given the opportunity. Who knows what kind of accuracy he'll have long term, but Carlson's leg is huge.

Great job by the freshman. He was one upright being in the way from a perfect game. Keeping him injury free is a major concern becuase obviously his backups on the place kicking and punting side do not have a 'thunder" leg.

Missing the one FG was obviously a downer, but the next 4 years look pretty good for our kicking game.

My grandpa always said, "If you're going to miss a 41-yd field goal attempt, at least clang it off the bar 3/4 of the way up." Or at least I'm sure he would have said that, given the opportunity. Who knows what kind of accuracy he'll have long term, but Carlson's leg is huge.

Exactly! That kick was good from 50-55 if accurate. Big leg.

IIRC, the wind in the stadium was blowing from left to right around the time of the kick, but it was intermittent. Daniel may have aimed a little to the right and the wind may have died. The 60+ yard punt was a monster.

Archived