Auburn "hangs on"

jmcrosson

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't posted in a while, but ESPN kills me. Auburn hanging on to win by 24 points and not allowing a score in the second half. :-\

Yeah, well, it fits the narrative. I believe they also characterized Bama's performance as 'rolling to a win'.

If we win all our games, none of this will matter in the least.

Their whole narrative was we were being "demoralized" (muffdiver's repeated comments; he gushed just like he did everytime Catherine Webb showed up); they were more physical, just too big because of the 6' 10" beast in the line...Bulimic had mastered a turnaround with bigger, faster, stronger $6m Dollar men...and then yes; we held on...instead of the reality which was we were pulling away and could have scored again with just one more handoff to Barber from inside the 10..if the game had lasted another 15 minutes we'd have scored 100 points. I wonder if Gus or Jacobs has done something to piss the BSPN execs off?

We're never going to get a fair shake from BSPN and some of the other media jerks. I've learned to live with it and laugh at their ineptitude.

They have never gotten over being 100% dead wrong about Cam Newton. AU made them look like fools and they hate us for it.

This is why I have stopped watching or listening to the talking heads,if you do you will constantly be mad.The duo of palmer and mushburger kept me pissed the whole game.I got start listening to the AU network.

This is why I have stopped watching or listening to the talking heads,if you do you will constantly be mad.The duo of palmer and mushburger kept me pissed the whole game.I got start listening to the AU network.

I never listen to the tv announcers. I mute the volume and listen to Rod and Stan.

I expected a slow start on defense. The piggies ran the ball well against us last year until we broke their backs through turnovers and scoring offense. This time around we adjusted and shut them down completely.

Great start for the Tigers.

Herbstreit must think he can be the guy who fist ID'd Gurley as a Heisman candidate. To say GA is your number one; seriously? I agree that Crab Claw ain't that great; seeing him moved out of the #1 spot makes sense.. but GA #1? Didn't he say South Caroline was going to win it all in the SEC last week?

Honestly, Mushburger is probably the worst announcer I've ever had to listen to. SEC network needs to drop him, like right now.

Honestly, Mushburger is probably the worst announcer I've ever had to listen to. SEC network needs to drop him, like right now.

Verne Lundquist is much worse...

Verne Lundquist is much worse...

Verne is horrific. Having Mussberger over him is like choosing skin cancer over bone cancer.

Yeah a 10 point win against wv should be alarming to Alabama. West Virginia is nowhere near the team they have been in years past and their secondary looked awful.

I know they have time to improve like everyone else but if they played like that against A&M, Georgia, or even Mississippi State I doubt they win.

I honestly would rather have anyone BUT Mushburger. Maybe it's just me, but he is absolutely terrible. Can you imagine Verne and Mushburger announcing a game?!?!

Who would you suggest. Mushburger isn't all bad. He's better than Jesse, I can't shut up, Palmer.

I would pay extra if they could just sync up the AU radio team with the live broadcast. Afa, who rather than muss? I'd have to see the candidates. Part of the problem is slim pickings with all the games broadcast now.

I honestly would rather have anyone BUT Mushburger. Maybe it's just me, but he is absolutely terrible. Can you imagine Verne and Mushburger announcing a game?!?!

I remember a long time ago (back when I was a kid, so I may be misremembering) Musburger was confused about Auburn (whether we were the Tigers, War Eagles, or something) and kept getting it wrong. He eventually figured it out, though, and was super apologetic on the air. I was reminded of this last night when he kept calling Arky 'the Badgers'.

I like Brent A LOT better than I like Verne.

Yeah amazingly that storm delay only helped one team.

Yup. And what's even funnier is that all the conventional "wisdom" was that rain/weather issues would favor Arky. Go figure.

If I were the sec network I'd have one local commentator and one nationals or every game. Let someone who actually knows about the team be the one to talk. s*** if they could pull it off I'd bring a local commentator for the away team too!

I don't need big names to commentate I'd love to hear two opposing home commentators giving a lot of in the know commentary

If I were the sec network I'd have one local commentator and one nationals or every game. Let someone who actually knows about the team be the one to talk. s*** if they could pull it off I'd bring a local commentator for the away team too!

I don't need big names to commentate I'd love to hear two opposing home commentators giving a lot of in the know commentary

Now there's an idea! I like it.

Archived