Auburn "hangs on"

jmcrosson

I said that booger is unintelligently spewing biased garbage on the air. You nor anyone on this site has any ability to tell me what I can or can't say about it

Actually some of us do. Dial it back or notch or three. You aren't in charge here.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What really kills me is their (espn) projecting the top 4 and Auburn wasn't even mentioned in the "just outside" catagory, but half the top 25 was listed. Idiots at ESPN need to get a real job because they can't do the cake job they have.

If "hanging on" equates to the W...I don't care who says it or if it is said often. Water off this duck's back.

Hanging on is good for Auburn. It means people still don't respect us. If a win by the same margin as Georgia "The Dawgs Roll over Clemson" isn't impressive, so be it. Underestimate us as much as you want at your own peril.

Just take care of business and everything will take care of itself.

Yep....and saw a sign in a local eating establishment which has lots of little signs....."Whining is $5 extra" ...... Maybe we need that here.

I would pay extra if they could just sync up the AU radio team with the live broadcast. Afa, who rather than muss? I'd have to see the candidates. Part of the problem is slim pickings with all the games broadcast now.

[/quote

A smart computer person could make it work and I want to own stock in the company $$$$$$$$$$$$$

You can buy a radio online called a "sports radio". It allows you to delay the radio broadcast by as much as 15 seconds, which is enough to sync the radio broadcast with even a satellite TV system. I had one the last three years but left batteries in it and Saturday I discovered the batteries had leaked and ruined the thing. I'll be looking into getting another one. It sure is nice to listen to the AU guys while watching the TV.

Of course, for it to be useful you have to be in a location where you can get the AU broadcast on your radio. The Sports Radio wouldn't do you any good in, say, New Jersey.

"Auburn Hangs On"

"Bama Rolls"

I don't doubt that these headlines existed online at some point, but I can't find them now. There's a lot happening at ESPN and other sports outlets on a fall Saturday, and a lot of information gets posted without being thoroughly reviewed. Perhaps there are some Bama fans/Auburn haters working at ESPN who delight in creating such headlines, but my guess is if they have to have too much of their work edited by senior staffers, they won't be employed long. The next time it happens, grab a screen shot of it and send it to the folks at Never to Yield. Their Media Bias section could use some real examples.

Good post.

What is everones deal with hating on the announcers. Lets see one of you that is complaining, get in there and call a game for the whole country. Better be perfect! Ill accept nothing shy of %100 perfection. Mispronounce someone's name and their will be hell to pay!

I've been thinking the same thing about all this announcer bashing. AU people didn't complain so much in the past. Is success doing this to us?

What is everones deal with hating on the announcers. Lets see one of you that is complaining, get in there and call a game for the whole country. Better be perfect! Ill accept nothing shy of %100 perfection. Mispronounce someone's name and their will be hell to pay!

I've been thinking the same thing about all this announcer bashing. AU people didn't complain so much in the past. Is success doing this to us?

I think alot of people just want Auburn to get some respect for their accomplishments. Like the other teams are getting that haven't proved a damn thing.

Well, there has always been announcer bashing and media bashing. However, when you are successful there will be much more coverage and reasons for people to complain. In the "past" there wasn't a kabillion shows and reports and they were sticking every goofball in front of the camera who could put two sentences together without stuttering either.

Hanging on is good for Auburn. It means people still don't respect us. If a win by the same margin as Georgia "The Dawgs Roll over Clemson" isn't impressive, so be it. Underestimate us as much as you want at your own peril.

Yeah, but uga was playing a "preseason" ranked team and we played an unranked team that did not win a conference game last year. At this point uga's 24 point win is more impressive than ours (even though we covered the spread).

Trying to take off my O&B glasses, I think they kept commenting on Arky's running game because they were surprised at their success at overpowering AU's veteran d-line. In the end, the game turned out as everyone expected, but nobody would have thought that at halftime.

I heard Gary Danielson interviewed a couple of weeks ago. He said one of the things he loves about college football is the passion, which he sees evidenced in the fact that every game he works, both schools' fan bases are absolutely convinced that the announcers hate their team.

I heard Gary Danielson interviewed a couple of weeks ago. He said one of the things he loves about college football is the passion, which he sees evidenced in the fact that every game he works, both schools' fan bases are absolutely convinced that the announcers hate their team.

The thing I like about Danielson is that he never sugarcoats his commentary -- i.e. After the Pick-6: "Alabama has no athletes out there. They've got all fat guys." LMAO

The thing I like about Danielson is that he never sugarcoats his commentary -- i.e. After the Pick-6: "Alabama has no athletes out there. They've got all fat guys." LMAO

I don't mind Danielson at all. It's a shame he has to lug verne around.

I know I am in the minority but I think Verne Lundquist is fine announcer. Sure he gets a few name wrong, so what........Like another poster said, I'm willing to bet that 99% of the Verne haters couldn't do his job.

Do you work for ESPN?

I know I am in the minority but I think Verne Lundquist is fine announcer. Sure he gets a few name wrong, so what........Like another poster said, I'm willing to bet that 99% of the Verne haters couldn't do his job.

Of course most people couldn't do his job. I'll bet you cash money i could with half as much experience. I'm sure he was better in his prime. He has held on too long. He calls the game like he can't see past an inch in front of his face. It's annoying to me. He is a comedy of errors.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Haven't posted in a while, but ESPN kills me. Auburn hanging on to win by 24 points and not allowing a score in the second half. :-\

BwX8aQgIMAEMQyC.jpg

Auburn "hangs on" .....................

Hell man ....... I don't care what they call it . Let's just " Hang On " 14 more times this year .

Do you work for ESPN?

WTH? Danielson works for CBS. not ESPN, and all I did was report what I heard him say in an interview. I'm sorry that seems to offend you.

Archived