Jeremy Johnson

RunInRed

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm impressed by the poise that Jeremy Johnson possesses. He plays like he's been in this league for years.

Jeremy did an AUsome job. I hope we play 2 QB's from now on.

NO. Johnson will get his snaps (in blowouts) but this is Nick Marshall's team and will be all season. Playing 2 QB's is stupid..

NO. Johnson will get his snaps (in blowouts) but this is Nick Marshall's team and will be all season. Playing 2 QB's is stupid..

Probably the first time I've ever agreed with you.

Tell that to Gus.

I do not like playing 2 Qbs. The real problem is Nick has not proven to be able to throw the ball consistently but can move the offense anyway with is legs and the reads he makes handing the ball off. Jeremy looked great passing but the running game with him in looked terrible IMO. Neither one is complete IMO. would still prefer a passing QB but Nick makes the offense go a little smoother. The future does indeed look bright

A two QB system this year wouldn't hurt my feeling any. It won't happen, but JJ brings things to the table Nick doesn't bring and vice versa. As hard as Gus' O is on DC's, I think that would make it even more difficult.

I'm with WarTiger on this. A 2 qb system would be pretty detrimental to our team, imo. This year, our identity is what we saw in the second half. Throwing JJ in there randomly would just break rhythm and make things harder on everyone. I don't expect to see JJ in there except when we're up 21+ late in the game.

Gus has said he will play more of a role this year. There has been more than one NC in the last 10 yes that used one primary qb and a secondary we hope got several series per game. Not to mention JJ got snaps in some big games last year.

Gus has said he will play more of a role this year. There has been more than one NC in the last 10 yes that used one primary qb and a secondary we hope got several series per game. Not to mention JJ got snaps in some big games last year.

He said the same thing on multiple occasions last year, and it never materialized. Gus may or may not follow through on his intentions.

Gus is hampering him by not allowing him to run the read options...or adopting the offense to him not running... The read option is a dead play(somewhat) without the option of the QB to run, causing the stops on 3rd and short... Either change the play calling , or adopt....

But JJ was fabulous....

JJ is progressing though. JJ played series in several games last year, it's not a monumental stretch that he may play 2-3 series in alot of games this year.

However, in a tight SEC game, that could change. I don't think Gus is just giving lip service to JJ's potential role, though. As much as Nick runs a break here and there could be good for him.

He said the same thing on multiple occasions last year, and it never materialized. Gus may or may not follow through on his intentions.

Gus is hampering him by not allowing him to run the read options...or adopting the offense to him not running... The read option is a dead play(somewhat) without the option of the QB to run, causing the stops on 3rd and short... Either change the play calling , or adopt....

But JJ was fabulous....

Pretty sure that's exaclty what he did while JJ was in there. Then again when Marshall came in.

I agree on JJs read option. We will have to keep the sweep option on JJs read option for those third and shorts. That way we can threaten the inside and outside run without having JJ run it. Will have to look again but I believe the plays we came up short was a single option play. Granted their was some missed blocks on both plays as has been pointed out.

Last year, later in the year, we knew our line and Tre would get a 3rd and short. Can't blameGus for trying early this year as well. A little more time/experience and we will be back to the same, even if the defense knows it is coming with JJ handing it off.

Nick Marshall would always hand the ball off too when he first started and he turned out ok. And I can't say I saw too many plays that were read options most were hand offs

But JJ was fabulous....

Pretty sure that's exaclty what he did while JJ was in there. Then again when Marshall came in.

Maybe its all a setup for plays later in the year. Do any of you ever think outside of the box?

One thought: Gus said that JJ is going to play regularly this year, and then played him for an entire half with great success Saturday. Teams have to game plan for him all season long now, which necessarily takes away some from their game planning for Marshall. Mission accomplished, even if JJ only comes in for mop-up duty going forward.

As for JJ never keeping it on the read option, you guys have to trust Gus. We scored 21 offensive points in the first half of the first game of the season against an SECW opponent with our backup QB. Questioning the play calling is a little silly. The 3rd-and-shorts that we didn't convert were a result of poor execution. In a game where we scored 38 offensive points and left 10 or so on the field- again, in our first game of the season against an SECW opponent with a backup QB playing half the game, and let's add the rain in there- I'm okay with a couple brain farts in the first half.

It is pretty brilliant of Gus to make teams prepare for two different offenses. Seriously cuts opposing teams' prep time. Gus IS THE mad scientist!

It is pretty brilliant of Gus to make teams prepare for two different offenses. Seriously cuts opposing teams' prep time. Gus IS THE mad scientist!

My thoughts exactly. Make them prepare for two. I expect Gus to primarily use JJ in mop up duty the vast majority of the year, then right around the UGA or bammer game give him some real snaps.

That's either absolutely brilliant or the stupidest thing I've ever said...

Archived