Bama win/loss record

WFE12

I say bammer loses three games:lsu,auburn-of course, and texas a&m(can't stop that HUNH plus that secondary is gonna struggle) might have said florda but couldn't really gauge anything from the oh....5 minutes they played lol

Expect 3-4 and wish many more on those deserving souls.......

"Auburn of course"

Mmm hmmm.

I think he's referring to as of right now. And in truth if bammer doesn't straighten out the issues they're having currently it's gonna be a bloodbath come November and you know it.

"Auburn of course"

Mmm hmmm.

I think he's referring to as of right now. And in truth if bammer doesn't straighten out the issues they're having currently it's gonna be a bloodbath come November and you know it.

yep yep

"Auburn of course"

Mmm hmmm.

The redneck nation can't admit anything without munchkin approval. The TRUTH will hit them right between the eyes soon enough...great fun to watch them and laugh at their ignorance.

Well, from the small portion I saw of their game, the glaring weaknesses of that team compared to the past six or so years, the qb and dbs. Sims had a good stat night but he clearly isn't the level mccarron was when he replaced McElroy and Coker is supposed to win the job later on but to me, that would've been like starting Wallace last year because he had been a good teammate all his career and saying Nick wasn't starting because he wasn't there during spring and summer ball. Coker has been a life long back up in college and batemon may actually be the better option. If sims starts and finishes the UF game for them, that may very well be loss #1. Finally, for whatever reason, the dbs have been the weak link on that defense last year and through game 1 this year. They'll need more pressure from the front 7 until those guys improve. An A&M type offense would've put up huge numbers against them the way they played this past week.

I think a 3 loss season is a very real and even probable scenario for Updyke this year. Heck, playing in the SEC West alone is pause for concern for most any team....most any except, well, y'all know. :)

The turds are more of a wild card than usual, but I'm not counting them out til they start losing. They have more talent than perhaps anyone. I just hope the QB spot, the OL and karma ignite a dumpster fire. I am counting no chickens as of yet, though.

"Auburn of course"

Mmm hmmm.

I know that until Auburn decides it can play really good defense, they aren't in any place to count any game as a bloodbath. Combined by the fact that Auburn hasn't blown Alabama out since, what, 2005? Since Saban arrived, Alabama has played 94 games. They've been blown out in the regular season exactly 1 time. Once.

I think it's crazy to think, given Alabama's history, that they're just gonna suck all of the sudden.

Guest jojo1515

WV averaged losing by a score of 33-27 last year with the nations 53rd toughest schedule...meaning they played mostly average teams and lost on average by 6 points. For reference, Vanderbilt played the nations 55th toughest schedule last year and averaged winning 30-24. If you combine the two, Vandy should have beaten WV by 12 points last year considering they played very similar schedules and the difference in points for and against.

Fast forward to this year. While Vandy has changed, WV has not so much. Based on stats alone, this years bama would lose to last years Vandy by 2 (Vandy should have beaten WV by 12 while bama beat them by 10.. 12-10=2.

Vandy went 9-4 last year. Seeing as how bama plays in the SEC West, I would expect their strength of schedule to end up atleast as tough as Vandys was last year (even though preseason rankings had them in the 90s which is just not accurate).

With this info at hand, I am predicting that bama goes 8-5 this year (8-4 in season and a bowl loss as they will end up in a bowl higher than they deserve and therefore lose)

This is an exact science and there is no arguing it (ok, really not even close but it gives a good starting point to harass bama fans with stats (which makes their heads go numb and causes them to invalidate their own arguments without even realizing it))

I know that until Auburn decides it can play really good defense, they aren't in any place to count any game as a bloodbath. Combined by the fact that Auburn hasn't blown Alabama out since, what, 2005? Since Saban arrived, Alabama has played 94 games. They've been blown out in the regular season exactly 1 time. Once.

I think it's crazy to think, given Alabama's history, that they're just gonna suck all of the sudden.

Yep, giving up 21 points to Arkansas didn't exactly make me think our defense is that much better than last year.

It wouldn't surprise me if Alabama beats Arkansas worse than Auburn did because Arkansas won't be able to take advantage of Bama's pass defense like West Virginia did.

Since Saban has been a HC, he has been around exactly one Undefeated Team. CGC has been around 3-4. I just do not see Alabama not taking a loss again this season.

Change in OC and D that has shown cracks the last three games. so 10-11 regular season wins.

If we're predicting Alabama's win total based solely on everyone's week 1 performance, then I see Alabama losses to TAMU, Auburn, Mississippi State, and possibly Tennessee. I would throw LSU in there except their QB play isn't yet solid. Basically, if a team can pass this year then they should feast on Alabama's secondary.

If we're predicting Alabama's win total based solely on everyone's week 1 performance, then I see Alabama losses to TAMU, Auburn, Mississippi State, and possibly Tennessee. I would throw LSU in there except their QB play isn't yet solid. Basically, if a team can pass this year then they should feast on Alabama's secondary.

That will undoubtedly produce inaccurate results. How would you have predicted Auburn's 2013 record after week 1? Winning a close game that was supposed to be a blowout could be a wakeup call to Bama and FSU. Both have the talent and the schedule to make a run at the playoff if they can use week 1 as a learning experience.

That will undoubtedly produce inaccurate results. How would you have predicted Auburn's 2013 record after week 1? Winning a close game that was supposed to be a blowout could be a wakeup call to Bama and FSU. Both have the talent and the schedule to make a run at the playoff if they can use week 1 as a learning experience.

Yep, imagine predicting AU's win total last year after the Washington St. and Miss. St. games. Or Clemson and Miss. St. in 2010.

salivating, just thinking what duke and sammie will do against their secondary

Idk why we are trying to base a teams potential win/loss record off one game. After going back and watching it WVU only scored ***one*** offensive TD. That KO TD made the game closer than why it really was. Along with that their top CB Eddie Jackson and MLB DePreist didn't even play. Also we need to stop thinking about what Coates and Williams might do to UAT's secondary because 1. AU has a tough galuent of a schedule to navigate and 2. The IB is at the end of the season, UAT will probably be much improved by then.

I want to play along!

WCS I see them with 3 losses. BCS I see them winning the sec and having a good chance to make the playoffs.

Sims slightly impressed me and so did Cam Robinson. The defense did a decent job overall. With everyone they have, I do not see the wheels falling off.

If they ever use Howard and if he can block better, that offense will be very dangerous.

The Iron Bowl this season will be a fight for the right to get into the playoffs. Do not sleep on Bama. On the other hand, Auburn looked somewhat better than I expected on offense and that second half defense was really impressive so if Gus can get the guys firing on all cylinders, then watch out. This team will be a sure fire playoff team.

It was just one game for everyone. I am not gonna judge Bama too much until after UF and AU til K State/LSU.

I try to keep an open mind even though I cannot stand Bama or Saban.

I'll simply say the winner of this year's Ironbowl is a 2 loss participant in the playoffs. Bama's schedule is too forgiving this year for them to slide into 3 loss mode IMO. Forget about their sub par QBs, they have as good a backfield as we do...this year.

If Bama loses to us again in Tuscaloosa this year however look out, they're pointing to that game like none in recent memory and with a loss the Updyke Nation will decend on anything & everything beloved by Auburn.

My fantasy? --7 losses, so no bowl

More realistically? 3-4 losses out of Auburn, LSU, Texas A&M, and road games to Ole Miss/UT. Florida remains a mystery...could pull off the upset, but more likely a Turd win at home.

Probably? 2-3 losses.

Yep, giving up 21 points to Arkansas didn't exactly make me think our defense is that much better than last year.

It wouldn't surprise me if Alabama beats Arkansas worse than Auburn did because Arkansas won't be able to take advantage of Bama's pass defense like West Virginia did.

Arky spent the whole offseason pointing to the Auburn game. They won't have the luxury to do that. Likely won't be as motivated either.

Archived