Miami at Louisville Game Thread

around4ever

If anybody is watching. Former Tiger Michael Dyer, former Dawgs Shaq Wiggins and Josh Harvey-Clemons, former Aggie Ja'Quay Williams and probably more transfers are playing for former Auburn OC, Louisville HC, Falcon HC, Arky HC, Harley rider and blonde administrative assistant chauffeur on previously mentioned Harley - Bobby Petrino.

Dyer is out tonight with a thigh bruise apparently. Miami just tied the game at 7 as they begin the 2nd quarter..

Yeah, apparently so. I missed the first few minutes.

Epic fail by the officiating crew that cost louisville a touchdown. Miami down inside the louisville 20 yard line and the QB throws a pass out to the wide side of the field that was BACKWARDS. Mechanically, the officials really screwed it up. Louisville picked it up and ran it all the way back for an apparent TD but the officials blew it dead as an incomplete pass. The part that looked AWFUL from an officiating perspective if you watch the play, notice who is signally the pass incomplete. ONE official is doing it. It wasn't the umpire, wasn't the referee, and it wasn't the head linesman (official that works the chains). It was the SIDEjudge or FIELD JUDGE that starts his initial position ON THE GOAL LINE. HE was 20 yards PAST the Line of scrimmage and comes in the signal it incomplete. AWFUL call and AWFUL mechanics. That's not even remotely his call and he should never even be looking at that. I don't know if he blew the whistle or not, but he definitely is the only official on the field that signaled incomplete pass.

Epic fail by the officiating crew that cost louisville a touchdown. Miami down inside the louisville 20 yard line and the QB throws a pass out to the wide side of the field that was BACKWARDS. Mechanically, the officials really screwed it up. Louisville picked it up and ran it all the way back for an apparent TD but the officials blew it dead as an incomplete pass. The part that looked AWFUL from an officiating perspective if you watch the play, notice who is signally the pass incomplete. ONE official is doing it. It wasn't the umpire, wasn't the referee, and it wasn't the head linesman (official that works the chains). It was the SIDEjudge or FIELD JUDGE that starts his initial position ON THE GOAL LINE. HE was 20 yards PAST the Line of scrimmage and comes in the signal it incomplete. AWFUL call and AWFUL mechanics. That's not even remotely his call and he should never even be looking at that. I don't know if he blew the whistle or not, but he definitely is the only official on the field that signaled incomplete pass.

I'm watching and yelled at the tv...pitiful officiating. I'm surprised Petrino didn't have a fit.

That was a terrible breakdown by the officiating crew. It looked like the line judge stepped in to mark the recovery spot and the field judge was the one waving it incomplete, like you said. Awful.

^^^ Lou Holtz about blew a gasket trying to say this in lisp-sync ^^^

At the half 10-14 Louisville. Miami has yet to convert a 3rd down.

Very proud of you!

FSU might have their hands full with Louisville come Oct 30th

Their QB will have to quit making dumb mistakes. We can hope he matures enough before then. Having Dyer and Devante Parker back will help.

FSU might have their hands full with Louisville come Oct 30th

Their QB will have to quit making dumb mistakes. We can hope he matures enough before then. Having Dyer and Devante Parker back will help.

True dat. Oct 30th is quite a ways off...maybe BP will have them ready. I'm just really unimpressed with FSU. Still shaking my head that we let them steal that game from us.WDE

Very proud of you!

I'm not sure of the point of that response, but whatever...

Very proud of you!

I'm not sure of the point of that response, but whatever...

I think you just demonstrated that you're not blindly defending officials and are instead willing to call them out when they make bad calls, WarTiger. I took 24 to be complementing you for that.

I think Louisville lucked out by losing strong to UT. They get Petrino back after he has been humbled. He might actually stay put for a while.

I think Louisville lucked out by losing strong to UT. They get Petrino back after he has been humbled. He might actually stay put for a while.

As long as his "Johnson" stays put for a while, he should do good at Louisville.

Archived