Did anybody notice this about our past vs Arky games?

cole256

I don't really do the conspiracy stuff but did anybody notice the big o lineman for arky (skipper maybe) keeps doing dirty play stuff but nobody says anything about it? Last year when we played them he threw some punches and the announcers actually laughed about it. He pushed a guy down by pushing him in his back when a play was dead as well. This year he did the play they showed where he kept mauling one of our guys after the whistle and Palmer said he surprised they didn't flag him for it and he blocked below the knees on the interception play and the only thing they said was how Bert was changing their attitude and giving the team a mean streak.

I can't help but to think if that was a guy from our team he'd be the biggest thug in college football bout time they would have gotten through talking about it

I don't really do the conspiracy stuff but did anybody notice the big o lineman for arky (skipper maybe) keeps doing dirty play stuff but nobody says anything about it? Last year when we played them he threw some punches and the announcers actually laughed about it. He pushed a guy down by pushing him in his back when a play was dead as well. This year he did the play they showed where he kept mauling one of our guys after the whistle and Palmer said he surprised they didn't flag him for it and he blocked below the knees on the interception play and the only thing they said was how Bert was changing their attitude and giving the team a mean streak.

I can't help but to think if that was a guy from our team he'd be the biggest thug in college football bout time they would have gotten through talking about it

Yes I noticed the same thing but I wasn't aware that it was the same guy from last year.

I remember how Nick Fairly was vilified for play not nearly that dirty, and was flagged for offenses far less egregious than the Ark guy.

And the announcer did indeed seem to praise Beliema for coaching the team to play that way, whereas an Auburn coach would have been trashed for it. But the announcer kept calling Ark the Badgers also, so it's not like they had much of an idea fo what they were talking about.

You always get a free pass when you suck. If they were good, Skipper would get negative attention. As it is, his misbehavior is kinda cute. Like a child lashing out to get attention.

He will be on the dirtiest players of the year lists in the NFL before too long. After he was pushing around Ladarius Owens after the play, I was hoping his head got decapitated during the interception return.

In the 2d quarter Skipper was a poster child for cheap shots which is odd considering he's pretty dominant without that crap. Post high school O linemen (unlike D linemen) being in a reactive mode most of the time can pretty well punk the opposition without ramifications unless it's a chop block. Which is why the facemask call (a correct call) on Drive Killer Miller surprised me.

You always get a free pass when you suck. If they were good, Skipper would get negative attention. As it is, his misbehavior is kinda cute. Like a child lashing out to get attention.

^This^. If your on a sucky team, no one really cares, just the way it goes. It's almost like your not even worthy of getting negative press thrown your way because your already on a crappy team. Prolly just makes him more mad. Ha!

I probably wouldn't have remembered if it wasn't for him being so tall or whatever but last year it was definitely him and he threw punches and it was Matt Millen and some other guy that were announcing and they joked about the guy having a nice reach or something.....Then later on in the game they act like our guy had committed murder when he fell down and said his leg was hurt....

Archived