Obama briefed for over a year on ISIS and still has 'no strategy'

AUisAll

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has been in office for years and has NO plan for ANYTHING....Your point? :dunno:

He has been in office for years and has NO plan for ANYTHING....Your point? :dunno:

I can't argue with you. I guess it's just another example of the incompetence in the White House. And another scary example!

439.gif

There you go. Maybe if we all just admit that we are beating a dead horse, then maybe ISIS will just vanish. Or maybe if we wish hard enough, our clueless POTUS will find his balls or someone near him will come up with a strategy.

Your ODS prevents you from thinking clearly. Blaming Obama on this is as bad as the other side blaming Bush on 9/11. I mean he did receiving a briefing via his daily briefing on planes flying into the WTC.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/11/opinion/the-bush-white-house-was-deaf-to-9-11-warnings.html

Your ODS prevents you from thinking clearly. Blaming Obama on this is as bad as the other side blaming Bush on 9/11. I mean he did receiving a briefing via his daily briefing on planes flying into the WTC.

http://www.nytimes.c...1-warnings.html

You seriously just said that? LOL.....Bush was on the job 8 months and we had never had anything anywhere near 911 from terrorists before. Obama has been on the 'job' for over 5 1/2 years and we know muslim terrorists can be and are a threat on our homeland and you equate the two? And some wonder why the mindset of Liberal/Democrats is often referred to as 'a little slow' or 'devoid of logic and the ability to reason.

All you want to do is blame Obama. You are not concerned with anything else. You tell me what you would do? Complaining and moaning are easy. You are in charge now. Tell us you plan oh great one.

All you want to do is blame Obama. You are not concerned with anything else. You tell me what you would do? Complaining and moaning are easy. You are in charge now. Tell us you plan oh great one.

So now we switch from comparing to Bush to asking me to solve the problem that Obama has been aware of for over a year (including when he referred to them as a JV team). Obama is a POS and his incompetence and corruption is ripping this country apart. The fact that you refuse to accept this truth, doesn't change it from being the truth.

Then I guess we are done here. How about you get off your a@@ and make some changes instead of complaining on a football forum. I for one am tired of seeing you clog the boards with your ODS laced threads.

Then I guess we are done here. How about you get off your a@@ and make some changes instead of complaining on a football forum. I for one am tired of seeing you clog the boards with your ODS laced threads.

Use the block user function and maybe when you grow up your mind will develop. Have a great day!

Obama is a pawn and a leadership cook but this problem has to be attacked using a varied strategy and a long term campaign of tearing down the ISIS/ISIL network while also empowering the locals in the middle east to anti up. Their futures are at stake along with ours.

It's not just ISIS. Obama and his lack of leadership and disengagement from the world has encouraged Putin to take the actions he is now taking. China is ramping up their actions as well. Nobody has worries we will do anything of substance to stop them from doing whatever they want to do.

AUUSN......how about we say ditto to Cameron's actions for starters. Throw in some drone strikes and a lot of straffing of logistic vehicles in the open desert. Your turn. What is your suggested strategy?

AUUSN......how about we say ditto to Cameron's actions for starters. Throw in some drone strikes and a lot of straffing of logistic vehicles in the open desert. Your turn. What is your suggested strategy?

Spoken by someone who has no idea of what's going on. I'm glad you are not in charge at CENTCOM. You don't want to hear my strategy because you and the OP just want to froth at the mouth screaming "it's all Obama's fault!"

Use the block user function and maybe when you grow up your mind will develop. Have a great day!

Nah, I get entertainment from your ill informed posts.

Obama doesn't talk to the authors of the briefs, he just looks at the summery at the bottom and figures he's got the gist of it.

And ' no plan - yet ', after knowing about ISIS for a full year, and calling them the " JV squad " , then all this happens.

Amateur in Chief.

AUUSN...as usual you cop out and hide behind the assumption you know so much more than others. I hope you don't make that assumption when your butt is on the line.

AUUSN...as usual you cop out and hide behind the assumption you know so much more than others. I hope you don't make that assumption when your butt is on the line.

How exactly did I cop out? I'm not going to waste time stating my strategy when you have no interest in hearing it.

Did you support sequestration?

How exactly did I cop out? I'm not going to waste time stating my strategy when you have no interest in hearing it.

Did you support sequestration?

I am certainly interested in hearing it.

AUUSN.....why in the world do you say that? I offered up a simple strategy (at least the first steps of one) complimenting what Cameron said and is doing, and asked you in turn for yours. Although you elected to make a caustic rebuttal, I actually assume you are in a better position than me to propose one so fire away.

PT, for what it is worth, GOOD strategy................ :jossun:

Withdrawing from Iraq was a huge mistake. I am ashamed we left the Iraqis alone to battle a corrupt Shia government and a raging Sunni insurgency. The American public by and large (including all sides of the political spectrum) supported getting out even though the military knew we would be right back here, engaging in mission creep. So now we muddle through feel good drone and air strikes hoping ISIS will be defeated on the cheap.

This is a very, very, very long battle against an ideology that requires boots on ground and counterinsurgency strategy to defeat. It will not be quick, easy or cheap. Anything less will garner the same results we are currently experiencing so we will continue this post Desert Storm cycle of short, ineffective air strikes in an area that desperately calls for direct engagement.

Obama is only doing what the American public want. Do as little as possible without committing a large number of troops.

Archived