18. Wisconsin 0-1 364

19. Nebraska 1-0 352

20. Kansas State 1-0 325

21. South Carolina 0-1 196

21. North Carolina 1-0 196

23. Clemson 0-1 164

24. Missouri 1-0 147

25. Louisville 1-0 141

Others receiving votes: Texas 126, Oklahoma State 94, Duke 60, Florida 49, Penn State 49, Mississippi State 49, Michigan 38, TCU 29, Washington 27, BYU 21, Marshall 18, Iowa 18, Virginia Tech 17, Tennessee 14, Cincinnati 8, West Virginia 7, Texas Tech 7, Rutgers 6, Arizona 4, North Dakota State 2, Louisiana-Lafayette 1, Pittsburgh 1

http://espn.go.com/c...otball/rankings

Though I am confident we are better than any of the four teams ranked above us I'm OK with us being #5. If we take care of our business at least one of those teams will not be ranked ahead of once we leave Bryant-Denny-Tuberville Stadium.

The 46 people voting FSU number one... are basing that on what, exactly? Last season and last season only? Winston looked worse in that game than he ever has. They couldn't run back to the line of scrimmage, and the defense couldn't stop the run (for the second straight game). It doesn't matter, but it highlights the silliness. Either Okie State is the best team in the Big 12 or FSU looked like a mid-tier Big 12 team.

It'd help otherwise but I doubt Oregon loses to Mich State, that offense is still legit but that defense is weak enough for OR to slip in the cracks.

OK will probably annihilate Tulsa, and no matter how weak the top 2 play, if they win, they are still in there.

FSU is a joke, however, they will still win 10-11 games this year because they play NO ONE!!! OK State gave them a scare, and I honestly thought they would be the one team to beat them this year. I was also holding out hope clempsun might get some revenge on them, but clempsun looks awful this year, too. Maybe Muschamp can pull a stunner and beat them this year, but I won't hold my breath. FSU will be in the playoffs this year, not because they earn it, but because they have an absolute joke of a schedule (just like bammer). We can only hope these 13 experts of college football take this into account.

Interesting that LSU got one first place vote.

Yeah i noticed that as well. I wonder where that came from?

no clue, but that is going to be a dangerous team late in the year

True that. At least we get them at home this time.

Interesting that LSU got one first place vote.

Yeah i noticed that as well. I wonder where that came from?

no clue, but that is going to be a dangerous team late in the year

True that. At least we get them at home this time.

For sure, and luckily they don't have a lot of meaningful football in-between now and then. Then again, neither do we.

FSU is a joke, however, they will still win 10-11 games this year because they play NO ONE!!! OK State gave them a scare, and I honestly thought they would be the one team to beat them this year. I was also holding out hope clempsun might get some revenge on them, but clempsun looks awful this year, too. Maybe Muschamp can pull a stunner and beat them this year, but I won't hold my breath. FSU will be in the playoffs this year, not because they earn it, but because they have an absolute joke of a schedule (just like bammer). We can only hope these 13 experts of college football take this into account.

FSU yes

bama NO. They play 3 teams in this week's top 12. They play in the SEC West. They have a tough schedule. Not as tough as ours (UGA, usc, and KSt) but tougher than the vast majority of NCAA teams. If bama makes the playoffs it's because they earned it.

Obviously, I hope we earn that spot instead of bama.

The 46 people voting FSU number one... are basing that on what, exactly? Last season and last season only? Winston looked worse in that game than he ever has. They couldn't run back to the line of scrimmage, and the defense couldn't stop the run (for the second straight game). It doesn't matter, but it highlights the silliness. Either Okie State is the best team in the Big 12 or FSU looked like a mid-tier Big 12 team.

Auburn's ranked 4th? based on what exactly? Last season and only last season? You obviously underestimate how tough it is to win on the road at Oklahoma State. They not only played bad in a hostile environment, they won. That's why they're number one.

Florida is number 29. Unbelievable. They won 4 games and lost to Georgia southern last year but after beating Idaho in their 1 game since, they're suddenly among the elite? Media relations pays off because so many of those clowns don't do any homework.

Florida is number 29. Unbelievable. They won 4 games and lost to Georgia southern last year but after beating Idaho in their 1 game since, they're suddenly among the elite? Media relations pays off because so many of those clowns don't do any homework.

Umm... They actually didn't play, did they?

Umm... They actually didn't play, did they?

Nope.

Auburn's ranked 4th? based on what exactly? Last season and only last season? You obviously underestimate how tough it is to win on the road at Oklahoma State. They not only played bad in a hostile environment, they won. That's why they're number one.

Well, you OBVIOUSLY weren't paying attention because that game was NOT played at Oklahoma State. It was played in ARLINGTON, TX. it was a NEUTRAL site game...

And it could hardly be considered a "hostile" environment either. Even the announcers were commenting on how well the FSU fans travelled noting that Stillwater, OK was only a 4-hr drive yet the OSU fans were clearly outnumbered in the stadium. I know it's only one game but FSU just didn't look all that good.

Auburn is ranked where it is based on a few things: (1) last year; (2) a dominant offense; and (3) a 24-point win in the opener against a game opponent.

FSU, however, looked average on offense, looked below average defensively except for their ability to force turnovers (which, along with unforced errors in the punt game, was the difference in the game), and pulled out a 6-point win over a game opponent. Arkansas and Okie State are both unranked. Okie State lost 12 starters from last year, including their QB.

So yeah, the Auburn ranking takes last year into consideration, but the FSU first place votes can be based solely on last year. That and the AP's undying love of its preseason rankings.

I would love nothing more than facing FSU in the final 4. I honestly do not think bammer will finish in the top 4 at the end of the regular season. My final 4 group in order:

1. Oregon

2. Auburn

3. Oklahoma

4. Georgia

A shot in the dark with night vision and an accurate telescope.

I don't think any of these polls are meaningful until about the 5th week of the season....so I am choosing to ignore them! :wareagle:

^^^^ this ^^^^

The AP is really just soiling their reputation by publishing any poll before somewhere around week 4. Until there's an adequate viewing of this years teams and the real strength of each conference begins to emerge, then they're offering nothing but a beauty pageant. ... And it's one plumb full of ugly participants and a few dogs thrown in for good measure.

Archived