Love from Luginbill

WarEagle84

On "The Experts" today, Tom Luginbill said "Auburn might have the fewest glaring weaknesses of any team we saw in week 1." He has us ranked #3 behind Georgia and FSU.

Dan Hawkins said he agreed on Auburn.

Since we all know how much ESPN hates us, it's only a matter of time before both of these men are fired. :poke:

On "The Experts" today, Tom Luginbill said "Auburn might have the fewest glaring weaknesses of any team we saw in week 1." He has us ranked #3 behind Georgia and FSU.

Since we all know how much ESPN hates us, it's only a matter of time before both of these men are fired. :poke:/>

lol

Since we all know how much ESPN hates us, it's only a matter of time before both of these men are fired. :poke:

So you search to find a positive from BSPN, then you attempt to sarcastically rub it in to the 85% or more of the AU fan base that agree their is a BSPN bias against AU.

So humor us, oh wise ESPN man: What are your thoughts on how ESPN handled the Cam Newton situation in 2010? Please include why the sports network chose not to cover or mention the fact, the NCAA and SEC (after searching over a calendar year), found "AU and Cam plus family" not guilty of just about anything they were accused of, on a daily basis by ESPN, for the entire 2010 season!

Also please: Your feelings on how the 2004 BCS snubbing was handled by your network? I'll give you a hint: While Herbstreet and company were interviewing Tubbs they stated "to Tubbs" AU's schedule strength wasn't strong enough to play in the BCS championship. Amazing because AU's SOS was over twice as strong (according to the BCS, SOS system) as USCw or Okla.

Then we have ESPN's coverage of the UAT assistant coach found guilty of "loaning money" to a UAT player. ESPN stated: "This is really no big deal Clinton Dix will only be out a game or so this type of thing happens every where". Really ESPN? What other school and how many schools have done this? I mean it happens everywhere, so where?

Then we have Jesse Palmer saying he doesn't believe the five Auburn coaches that stated just how fast Corey Grant is, because of five different hand held clocked times. I mean who on the air basically says they feel five AU assistant coaches are lying about Corey's forty time?

Since we all know how much ESPN hates us, it's only a matter of time before both of these men are fired. :poke:/>

So you search to find a positive from BSPN, then you attempt to sarcastically rub it in to the 85% or more of the AU fan base that agree their is a BSPN bias against AU.

So humor us, oh wise ESPN man: What are your thoughts on how ESPN handled the Cam Newton situation in 2010? Please include why the sports network chose not to cover or mention the fact, the NCAA and SEC (after searching over a calendar year), found "AU and Cam plus family" not guilty of just about anything they were accused of, on a daily basis by ESPN, for the entire 2010 season!

Also please: Your feelings on how the 2004 BCS snubbing was handled by your network? I'll give you a hint: While Herbstreet and company were interviewing Tubbs they stated "to Tubbs" AU's schedule strength wasn't strong enough to play in the BCS championship. Amazing because AU's SOS was over twice as strong (according to the BCS, SOS system) as USCw or Okla.

Then we have ESPN's coverage of the UAT assistant coach found guilty of "loaning money" to a UAT player. ESPN stated: "This is really no big deal Clinton Dix will only be out a game or so this type of thing happens every where". Really ESPN? What other school and how many schools have done this? I mean it happens everywhere, so where?

Then we have Jesse Palmer saying he doesn't believe the five Auburn coaches that stated just how fast Corey Grant is, because of five different hand held clocked times. I mean who on the air basically says they feel five AU assistant coaches are lying about Corey's forty time?

Lol, 24, does that stick up your butt hurt much?

ESPN as a company cares about one thing: making money. They employ a number of talking heads, some of whom sometimes say things about Auburn I disagree with. I choose not to take it personally or hold grudges.

And do you really want to use "the 85%" to describe part of the AUBURN fan base? I'll give you a do-over on that one.

Even though I'm the author of the Jesse Palmer thread, I'm actually going to take his side on this one. He was in no way calling Auburn coaches liars, he was questioning the validity of handheld times. Do I believe that all 5 coaches clocked him at under 4.2? Absolutely. Do I take those times as fact? Absolutely not. Does that take anything away from how fast Corey Grant is? Not in the slightest.

I'm more in agreement with AU-24 here. Their handling of 2010 should be taught in textbooks as an example of disgraceful "journalism". What they succeeded in doing in 2004 speaks for itself. I watch their channels when they have something on I want to watch but their opinions don't interest me. I have an opinion of ESPN, if they are ever interested.

I'm more in agreement with AU-24 here. Their handling of 2010 should be taught in textbooks as an example of disgraceful "journalism". What they succeeded in doing in 2004 speaks for itself. I watch their channels when they have something on I want to watch but their opinions don't interest me. I have an opinion of ESPN, if they are ever interested.

Even though I'm the author of the Jesse Palmer thread, I'm actually going to take his side on this one. He was in no way calling Auburn coaches liars, he was questioning the validity of handheld times. Do I believe that all 5 coaches clocked him at under 4.2? Absolutely. Do I take those times as fact? Absolutely not. Does that take anything away from how fast Corey Grant is? Not in the slightest.

If Jesse Palmer said it the way you wrote it, it would be a totally different thing, but he didn't word it nearly as professional, or curiously, as you did! Fact!

Lol, 24, does that stick up your butt hurt much?

ESPN as a company cares about one thing: making money. They employ a number of talking heads, some of whom sometimes say things about Auburn I disagree with. I choose not to take it personally or hold grudges.

And do you really want to use "the 85%" to describe part of the AUBURN fan base? I'll give you a do-over on that one.

I noticed you answered none, zero, nothing, of my bias questions. I'm not surprised because they are indefensible, as Mikey respectfully points out with adult maturity!

Thanks to all of you who PM'ed me on the BSPN subject and no, I won't reveal your names as you requested, but thanks again! Also, please notice Mr BSPN apologist WarEagle 84 didn't answer any of my/our questions but chose to attack me personally, no surprise there!

I noticed you answered none, zero, nothing, of my bias questions. I'm not surprised because they are indefensible, as Mikey respectfully points out with adult maturity!

Thanks to all of you who PM'ed me on the BSPN subject and no, I won't reveal your names as you requested, but thanks again! Also, please notice Mr BSPN apologist WarEagle 84 didn't answer any of my/our questions but chose to attack me personally, no surprise there!

You're right. I didn't answer your specific questions about past issues, because they are indefensible. They were unfair to Auburn and did us irreparable harm. But those issues were not motivated by any hatred of Auburn, and I choose not to take them as personal insults and hold grudges as you apparently do.

I am not trying to defend ESPN. I am only trying to get you to see that the network is not on some sort of campaign to undermine or destroy Auburn. Some of their "experts" probably do have a bias against Auburn, but ESPN does not. The network is all about making money, and one of the best ways to do that is to create controversy. Controversy means people watch and click. I have no doubt that they sometimes intentionally say things knowing they will rile certain fanbases, including ours. (Try typing "ESPN hates" into google, and if you have suggestions turned on, you will find there are a lot of fanbases who feel slighted by ESPN.) Enough with the persecution complex. If you don't like ESPN, don't watch it.

You're right. I didn't answer your specific questions about past issues, because they are indefensible. They were unfair to Auburn and did us irreparable harm. But those issues were not motivated by any hatred of Auburn, and I choose not to take them as personal insults and hold grudges as you apparently do.

I am not trying to defend ESPN. I am only trying to get you to see that the network is not on some sort of campaign to undermine or destroy Auburn. Some of their "experts" probably do have a bias against Auburn, but ESPN does not. The network is all about making money, and one of the best ways to do that is to create controversy. Controversy means people watch and click. I have no doubt that they sometimes intentionally say things knowing they will rile certain fanbases, including ours. (Try typing "ESPN hates" into google, and if you have suggestions turned on, you will find there are a lot of fanbases who feel slighted by ESPN.) Enough with the persecution complex. If you don't like ESPN, don't watch it.

I agree with: " If you don't like ESPN, don't watch it". Problem is, AU games and other SEC match-ups are broadcast on their network and they own the SEC network, which makes it kind of tough, to not tune in.

You say: "I am not trying to defend ESPN" I'm not saying this to be rude or a jerk in any way but it seems like, defending them, is aprox 30% of you posts.

As far as: "some of their "experts" probably do have a bias against Auburn, but ESPN does not". I do thank you for stating/writing this.

Then as: "Controversy means people watch and click. I have no doubt that they sometimes intentionally say things knowing they will rile certain fanbases, including ours". Now, do you have any idea how bad UAT has broken the rules with plain evidence in the past 3 or 4 seasons? How many loans from coaches, new Dodge Chargers with $4,000 - thirty inch rims, tweets from players about money, and about over 50% of the team smokes pot daily ect... etc...

I could go on about "Controversey with evidence" but my point of course is: Would these stories not create controversy and clicks? I can't believe it would create controversy fro AU, but not for UAT or the ESPN beloved Big 10 teams! Wether you agree or not, that is my point and my beef with them, and I will not defend them.

I agree with: " If you don't like ESPN, don't watch it". Problem is, AU games and other SEC match-ups are broadcast on their network and they own the SEC network, which makes it kind of tough, to not tune in.

Yes, but most of the stuff to which you object is commentary, which you don't have to listen to in order to watch the games. Yes, there is some in-game commentary (which you could avoid by muting the audio and listening to the AU radio broadcast), but I see you reacting to a lot of stuff from their talking head shows.

You say: "I am not trying to defend ESPN" I'm not saying this to be rude or a jerk in any way but it seems like, defending them, is aprox 30% of you posts.

Lol, that's because it's usually in response to accusations of bias. My pointing out that it is not bias seems like defense to those making (or agreeing with) the accusation. I love that we have ESPN and FS1 and SECN and can watch and talk about sports 24/7. I do watch a lot of their shows, and I disagree with at least as much as I agree with. I just don't get outraged over stuff I disagree with.

Anytime you want to have a rational discussion about whether a particular individual on ESPN or any other venue is biased against Auburn, I'll be glad to have that conversation. But continually accusing the network of hating us makes you sound like a loony conspiracy theorist.

Lol they give us some props and some people want to make that a starting point to saying 'ESPN HATES US'

Are people more sensitive this year to peoples opinions on tv or has it always been like this?

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Glad someone is enjoying it. :)

Glad we could entertain you. Hey, AU-24, what do you say we charge admission next time? :D

Glad we could entertain you. Hey, AU-24, what do you say we charge admission next time? :D

Works for me! :)

How much???

How much???

How about 2 PBRs? :cheers: One for me, one for AU-24. If we get about 20 "paid" admissions ... can you imagine how much fun this would be if we were both drunk?

Archived