Bruce Pearl ask AU students

WarEagle84

Pearl's Posse......Pearl's Peeps...... just spitballing. Something tells me he would rather change it, if he is asking for input. I know he said he's good with it, but the video makes me wonder. I know you guys can do better than I, but "the jungle" hasn't necessarily been working for us to this point. Maybe it's a new day......

You certainly see how that man can influence young recruits to join him/us.

I've been to many an Auburn basketball game over the last decade and wouldn't say the Jungle is broadly applied to our basketball section. More like Tubberville's football stadium for 3 or 4 years. Let's go easy on the nicknames, they can be hokey or forced. The Jungle works. I guess.

Auburn Arena is gonna be WILD!! Bruce is very....enthusiastic....LOL!!

I still like The Jungle. But I'm not a student so hopefully he will get lots of feedback from those who are.

Never been a fan of The Jungle. The graphic I saw today with the multiple levels of tickets that are SOLD OUT is amazing. I haven't been this excited about Auburn Basketball in a LONG time. I love basketball and watch every game every year regardless of the kind of team we have. I do so to support Auburn and I just can't get over the kind of massive impact Bruce Pearl has had on this program and he hasn't even coached his first game. The media attention has been incredibly positive. Tons of early season games announced for TV already that hasn't happened in, well, EVER.

With Bruce Pearl taking over the program, its the perfect time to change this name.

The problem with "Pearl Jam" as a suggestion is the connotation. Unfortunately it references something that most fans would find offensive. Not going to say what it is since 1) I can't think of a tactful way to do it, and 2) I don't want to kicked off the board. Google or Urban Dictionary it if you really need to know.

The problem with "Pearl Jam" as a suggestion is the connotation. Unfortunately it references something that most fans would find offensive. Not going to say what it is since 1) I can't think of a tactful way to do it, and 2) I don't want to kicked off the board. Google or Urban Dictionary it if you really need to know.

The word "sperm" shouldn't be offensive on here, IMO. 9th grade science class, anyone?

But I don't make the rules so apologies in advance if it is offensive though.

But I'm against the student section being named that because of the connotation lol

The word "sperm" shouldn't be offensive on here, IMO. 9th grade science class, anyone?

But I'm against the student section being named that because of the connotation lol

Fair enough. I don't find it offensive personally, but I'm sure some might. Honestly just couldn't think of a good way to say it this morning haha

Fair enough. I don't find it offensive personally, but I'm sure some might. Honestly just couldn't think of a good way to say it this morning haha

Honestly, I hear Pearl Jam and all I think of is the band.

Pearls Jammers?

I don't know...the Jungle was always good because of the connection to the Tiger mascot. How about the Wild Kingdom? LOL

Archived