Best RB in SEC?

Tigermike

Voted for CAP.

Felt kind of like when your wife asks you if she's prettier than Kate Upton and you, without hesitation, say, " Of course you are, sweetheart".

Voted for CAP.

Felt kind of like when your wife asks you if she's prettier than Kate Upton and you, without hesitation, say, " Of course you are, sweetheart".

Indeed, and I voted for CAP as well. I may objectively think Gurley is one of the best players at RB in college football thus far, but that doesn't mean that I need to do anything to help him or UGA.

I seriously question having Hilliard in there. He had one good game against a wisconsin team that lost two defensive linemen. If I'm being objective I say Gurley, CAP, then maybe a healthy Davis

Voted for Cap. The problem with UGA and Gurley is the he is their whole offense. So when he gets hurt in a few weeks the UGA team is done. I for one can't wait for it to happen tired of UGA fans thinking that they have wine the last 40 nc's when they can't even win the east outright lately.

Voted for Cap. The problem with UGA and Gurley is the he is their whole offense. So when he gets hurt in a few weeks the UGA team is done. I for one can't wait for it to happen tired of UGA fans thinking that they have wine the last 40 nc's when they can't even win the east outright lately.

So... You can't wait for a player to get hurt? My grandpa was this way except he genuinely wanted legs broke. I always gave him hell when he would wish harm on opposing players.

Voted for CAP but Yeldon is very, very good IMO. Gurley had one great game following a year of constant media hype anticipating greatness. Truth be told and when all's said & done, the best SEC RB may be Roc or Barber. Or that frosh guy at LSU who was the #1 high school prospect, played a mediocre game last Saturday, but was truly a man among boys in high school.

Slightly different topic: think of Nick & Jeremy as Bo & Fullwood. Kind of.

Voted for CAP.

:bow:

As a rational and objective sports fan I can't in good conscience vote for anyone but Gurley. So I abstain.

We have no tolerance for rational and objective here! Mods, please ban him!

Poor form.

Also, I'm surprised that so many people paid so much attention to that UGA game and still think that Gurley is their whole offense. Chubb looks like a monster, Marshall's healthy and we haven't even seen Michel yet.

Voted for CAP but Yeldon is very, very good IMO. Gurley had one great game following a year of constant media hype anticipating greatness. Truth be told and when all's said & done, the best SEC RB may be Roc or Barber. Or that frosh guy at LSU

To each his own.

Poor form.

Also, I'm surprised that so many people paid so much attention to that UGA game and still think that Gurley is their whole offense. Chubb looks like a monster, Marshall's healthy and we haven't even seen Michel yet.

Voted for CAP but Yeldon is very, very good IMO. Gurley had one great game following a year of constant media hype anticipating greatness. Truth be told and when all's said & done, the best SEC RB may be Roc or Barber. Or that frosh guy at LSU

To each his own.

The numbers part of my basis (to go with what I've watched):

Gurley: 2012 -13: about 390 attempts & 6.0 avg. per carry. In first 2014 game, under 200 yds but 13.2 yds per carry, kickoff return for TD.

Yeldon: 2013 -13: also about 390 atts. & 6.0 avg. First game of 2014 5.5 yds per carry avg.

CAP: 2013: 110 atts., about 6.7 yds per carry avg. First game of 2014 6.7 yds per carry.

Henry & Hilliard are odd candidates IMO, Henry has about 500 yds on 36 atts (albet for a gaudy 10 yds per carry avg) and from 2011 - 2013 Hilliard has only about 200 atts. for about 5 yds per carry avg.

My beef is with the perception that Gurley's the second coming of Hershel Walker (doesn't UGA have one every 5 years or so?). As you can see he's very good even by SEC standards but this Gurley love is on the heals of punking...Clemson. Where for example is Mike Davis who's career stats are deserving of this poll except he and his team just got wasted by A & M so they're not the flavor of the week. I'd say Davis O line is the worst over his college career of any RBs in this poll. The O line argument (factor) is a long one too.

Is UGA going to lose one of their backs to transfer? I see Keith Marshall only had 6 carries vs Clemson. He is a beast in his own right, kid has some serious wheels. Wasn't he a more featured part of their offense the past few years?

My beef is with the perception that Gurley's the second coming of Hershel Walker (doesn't UGA have one every 5 years or so?). As you can see he's very good even by SEC standards but this Gurley love is on the heals of punking...Clemson.

As you said in your previous post, the Gurley love started well before Saturday. His performance only confirmed what most already believed. But it's interesting that you decry the Gurley love for being based on one game while offering that 2 hyped true freshmen- one who hasn't played a down and one who already played a crap game- might be better than him.

Is UGA going to lose one of their backs to transfer? I see Keith Marshall only had 6 carries vs Clemson. He is a beast in his own right, kid has some serious wheels. Wasn't he a more featured part of their offense the past few years?

This might explain the Marshall situation:

Keith Marshall, who rushed for 759 yards in 2012 and 246 last year before suffering a season-ending knee injury on Oct. 5, returned to action Saturday. He had six carries for eight yards and didn’t play after Georgia’s next-to-last possession of the third quarter.

Richt said Marshall’s knee was checked out afterward.

“He’s fine,” Richt said. “Coming off an injury like that, if there’s any little thing that gets tweaked, sometimes you wonder if something is going on in there. And we had a couple of tests to reassure that he’s fine. And so he’s good and we’re good in that regard.”

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/richt-tailback-group-probably-his-best-marshalls-k/nhC7j/

It's kind of like eating a really, really good hot dog while looking at lobster you haven't tried sitting in front of you. Might be rubbery lobster, might not.

It's kind of like eating a really, really good hot dog while looking at lobster you haven't tried sitting in front of you. Might be rubbery lobster, might not.

Lol, point conceded.

Archived