Bush's Prophetic Speech in 2007 Fell on Deaf Ears

Weegle777

Scary accurate.

http://www.inquisitr.com/1453870/president-bushs-predicted-in-2007-with-frightening-accuracy-what-is-happening-today-in-iraq/

“I know some in Washington would like us to start leaving Iraq now. To begin withdrawing before our commanders tell us we are ready would be dangerous for Iraq, for the region, and for the United States. It would mean surrendering the future of Iraq to al Qaeda. It would mean that we’d be risking mass killings on a horrific scale. It would mean we’d allow the terrorists to establish a safe haven in Iraq to replace the one they lost in Afghanistan. It would mean increasing the probability that American troops would have to return at some later date to confront an enemy that is even more dangerous.”

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Indeed and a large portion of the American public was too busy with Xbox, buffets and reality TV to be worried with Iraq.

I'm not trying to be an ass but, that kinda sounds like Saban blaming the fans. I think it is clear, the American people became overwhelmingly disinterested when the original narrative for war fell apart. I would guess that even many in the military felt the same way.

Bush was far from perfect but was a hell of a lot better than Obama.

Considering the condition of the country when he left office, I do not understand how anyone could make a case for that.

Indeed and a large portion of the American public was too busy with Xbox, buffets and reality TV to be worried with Iraq.

I'm not trying to be an ass but, that kinda sounds like Saban blaming the fans. I think it is clear, the American people became overwhelmingly disinterested when the original narrative for war fell apart. I would guess that even many in the military felt the same way.

I hear your point but I stand by my statement.

americaatmallxq03m.jpg

Considering the condition of the country when he left office, I do not understand how anyone could make a case for that.

Of course you cant. I mean after all, don't you blame EVERY single geo-political problem on the planet directly on Cheney, Rumsfeld and Bush? While Obama's approval rating gloriously basks @ 38%, GWB has become the baseline comparison people like you use when judging Obama. Bush was not a great Pres by any measure but, one would think that Obama was elected by voters to be Bush 2.0 with so many saying things like "Bush did it too"

americaatmallxq03m.jpg

Make no mistake, I agree, the concept is dead on. I am looking more at why it is accurate. It's not the "fans" fault.

Of course you cant. I mean after all, don't you blame EVERY single geo-political problem on the planet directly on Cheney, Rumsfeld and Bush? While Obama's approval rating gloriously basks @ 38%, GWB has become the baseline comparison people like you use when judging Obama. Bush was not a great Pres by any measure but, one would think that Obama was elected by voters to be Bush 2.0 with so many saying things like "Bush did it too"

Thank you for telling me how I think and feel. Nice try but, no.

americaatmallxq03m.jpg

Make no mistake, I agree, the concept is dead on. I am looking more at why it is accurate. It's not the "fans" fault.

I hear you, IMO there's many variables. One could argue the abolishment of the draft started the rift between the public and warrior class.

I think you're both right.

SO your passionate heartburn every time someone points out Obama's failure is not based on a need to defend him by taking, what has become, very predictable shots at Bush? LOL..gotcha!

Bush had the media working tirelessly to make him look bad. Obama has had the media working tirelessly to prop him up.

We left Iraq due to an agreement Bush signed with the Iraqi government to leave by a certain date. No other arrangement for us to remain could be agreed upon because the Iraqi government would not agree to shield our troops from being prosecuted locally for any crimes. We were not going to subject our troops to whatever kangaroo court got set up due to them fighting back against local terrorists. So the deadline came and we left on schedule roughly.

I'm not sure how that gets laid at Obama's feet.

SO your passionate heartburn every time someone points out Obama's failure is not based on a need to defend him by taking, what has become, very predictable shots at Bush? LOL..gotcha!

Please stop wasting my time. Thank you.

We left Iraq due to an agreement Bush signed with the Iraqi government to leave by a certain date. No other arrangement for us to remain could be agreed upon because the Iraqi government would not agree to shield our troops from being prosecuted locally for any crimes. We were not going to subject our troops to whatever kangaroo court got set up due to them fighting back against local terrorists. So the deadline came and we left on schedule roughly.

Bull Sh-t. We could have forced a Status of Forces agreement on them and made them like it. This is just another cop-out from Obama and his supporters. Bush said what would happen, basically warning his successor and the American people and Obama ignored it and here we are-right where Bush said we would be.

Bull Sh-t. We could have forced a Status of Forces agreement on them and made them like it. This is just another cop-out from Obama and his supporters. Bush said what would happen, basically warning his successor and the American people and Obama ignored it and here we are-right where Bush said we would be.

It's becoming increasingly obvious that discussing anything with you weightier than a Styrofoam packing peanut is a waste of time.

Please stop wasting my time. Thank you.

Seriously funny.

Go back and consider the post ICHY was responding to. His response had nothing to do with Obama. The OP made a statement about Bush and ICHY made a statement about Bush.

What we have here is a clear case of thoughtless bloviating. From a master of the art I should add. ;);D

Get out of here with you're stinkin' facts! They aren't needed. :rolleyes:

Get out of here with you're stinkin' facts! They aren't needed. :rolleyes:

ALL of that is indeed the truth but I would fault the ineffectiveness of America's diplomatic corp. Obviously, US troops cannot continue fighting in Iraq without immunity, however, in our haste to get out of the there, I would argue the diplomatic effort made, or lack thereof, was not in our best. That, IMO, is on the current admin.

Titan....Technically you are right but that's way short of the whole story according to several prominent high ranking Generals I've head talking about the "agreement"

Their side of the story is Obama could have had the agreement he wanted it just by exerting a little pressure on Karzai. But he wanted out so didn't push back.So one could lay this at Obama's feet if you believe the Generals. With Obama's record of being transparent , I'm going to believe the Generals

Titan....Technically you are right but that's way short of the whole story according to several prominent high ranking Generals I've head talking about the "agreement"

Their side of the story is Obama could have had the agreement he wanted it just by exerting a little pressure on Karzai. But he wanted out so didn't push back.So one could lay this at Obama's feet if you believe the Generals. With Obama's record of being transparent , I'm going to believe the Generals

You are confusing Iraq with Afghanistan, oh knowledgeable one. :-\

Doesn't matter though. It's all Obama's fault.

^^^^^ THIS!!! :angry:

I understand some folks dislike Obama and want to blame him for everything. I acknowledge that in some cases, the blame is legitimately placed. But us withdrawing from Iraq was NOT Obama's decision, his hands were tied. However he did recognize that regardless of what the Iraqi government did, the vast majority of the American people were also sick of the war and wanted our boys home ASAP with no more American casualties! I suspect John McCain would have done the same if he had been elected in 2008.

^^^^^ THIS!!! :angry:

I understand some folks dislike Obama and want to blame him for everything. I acknowledge that in some cases, the blame is legitimately placed. But us withdrawing from Iraq was NOT Obama's decision, his hands were tied. However he did recognize that regardless of what the Iraqi government did, the vast majority of the American people were also sick of the war and wanted our boys home ASAP with no more American casualties! I suspect John McCain would have done the same if he had been elected in 2008.

With 5 years of democrats and media drumming how bad things were and how it was all a mistake no wonder the people were tired of it. It's called leadership. You do the right thing He could have worked out a satisfactory status of forces agreement. He ran on the platform of getting the troops out and if he had done any different his base would have had a cow.

Archived