San Jose State: 13

Bw5cVXdIQAA22py.jpg

via @FootballAU

Capture.png

Capture.png

Capture.png

Photo Gallery

HC Gus Malzahn's postgame presser ...

Malzahn: "Overall I was pleased with how effectively we were able to move the football."

Malzahn on Nick Marshall's passing: "I thought it was OK. ... We put points on the board."

@wareagleextra

Offensive-minded Malzahn's first comment: "The positives we had three interceptions on defense, and a punt return for a touchdown."

Malzahn from one win to the next: "I think we did improve."

@AUGoldMine

Malzahn: "It's kind of like, what's working, what are they giving you, so I think it goes after that. I was pleased how we moved the FB."

Gus Malzahn points to three INTs and Quan Bray's 55-yard punt return for a TD as major positives.

Malzahn on WR Sammie Coates who sat out today's game: "We held him out he was a little banged up, but he'll be OK."

Malzahn on Mont Adams' 2Q sack: "I thought it was a big play in the game, any time you sack a guy at home, it gets everybody excited."

@AUBlog

Malzahn asked about why Marshall played (and took hits) late: "Because he's our starting quarterback. He only played one half last week."

@JFergusonAU

Malzahn says Whitehead is a "savvy" player

@JamesCrepea

Gus Malzahn: Quan Bray has raised his level as a senior

@BMattAU

What you think of the Seahawks' option pass Thursday night, Gus? "I wasn't able to see it. I was working, but I did hear about it."

@bmarcello

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

59-13 great score. But not great play. We probably could have hung 80-100 on them if we didn't play so slopy today. I think it's going to be a hard long 12 days until we play again. CGM is gonna be on their butt big time after all the penalties and fumbles and sloppy play.

We're 2-0 and about to crank it up and destroy the nation!

War Damn Eagle!

As soon as Roc fumbled, I thought about what the staff might do to "help" him with maintaining the ball. He is going to be a beast. 2-0 and headed to K State to keep it moving. WDE!

Played well but gotta come out more alert for K state. I know they looked bad today but they will be the best team we face to that point. Defense has to be at their best. Roc looks pretty dang good. All the RBs do. NM needs to settle down and his passing will show improvement.

Sloppy game, but some good practice and lessons to be learned. Hopefully the boys come out locked on for K State.

Team played like they were in let-down mode, or taking the game lightly. I felt the defense was flat all night, even though the score says otherwise.

Love the win. That's what counts!

Roc is going to be a hoss!

Great to see Roc Thomas on the field. That young man is going to be awesome. Wish Barber had gotten more touches.

Jovon, Barber, and Roc are going to be quite a trio IMO

Say what you want about the defense, but they've given up one (fluke) touchdown in the last 6 quarters. There's much room to improve, but that's a big deal.

Say what you want about the defense, but they've given up one (fluke) touchdown in the last 6 quarters. There's much room to improve, but that's a big deal.

I agree, giving up 17 ppg in the first 2 games, but being on the road at Kstate we have to get better no doubt. We can't give up those flukes

This was just one of those games that its hard for the players to get up for. I thought overall we played pretty well. Obviously there are things we still need to work on to get better, but we won by 43. I can live with that. When the big games come, the coaches don't have to do much to get the players motivated. They will be ready. A Malzahn coached team will always be ready to play.

I agree, giving up 17 ppg in the first 2 games, but being on the road at Kstate we have to get better no doubt. We can't give up those flukes

Agreed. I'm sure the team will have an enhanced focus going into the game.

Did pretty sloppy and the score sort of reflected that

I'm sure 70 was the players goal, and I feel that.

Marshall looks the exact same as last year, and I'm not sure is that bad or good.

Roc Thomas looks good

CAP definitely proved that he has ENOUGh speed in the open field, just like Tre.

props to Reed and Frost. Some mistakes, but improved.

as for the stats...... in the OP, avg yards passing is based on attempts, not completions. I thought it was supposed to be average yards per completion. Confusing

How many games in a row have we covered the spread now?! I wasn't sure before the game if we'd clear the 31 (I think that's what I read it was) but I'm happy with the result.

The game made me impatient. I dont know what it was but it seemed Auburn wasn't that consistent on either side of the ball. Putting up 59 and winning big is great but even though the defense had some good moments they just weren't consistent IMO. Gus said he felt they got better so, there ya go.

Another "W" in the books. Game was never in doubt. From that perspective, I have nothing to complain about.

We have room for improvement on D. I am confident the coaches will correct the deficiencies.

Archived