Tiger Talk - Bye Week Edition

RunInRed

Still struggling to get used to having Tiger Talk on Monday nights ...

LIVE AUDIO LINK: http://www.auburntig...index.html#live

Gus Malzahn spending a lot of time signing autographs and posing for pictures

BxDNBBhCEAAFuCv.jpg

Auburn Coach Gus Malzahn says he was pleased with third downs and defensive execution last week

Malzahn says overall they improved from week one to week two

Malzahn says there are games Auburn will have to throw more and he believes they can

Malzahn says they will try to keep the same routine during bye week

Malzahn says the goal to go faster is to keep the same 11 guys on the field at all times

@ITATJason

Malzahn on the San Jose State W: "There were some good things. Our third downs, our defense really came on and we put points on the board."

Malzahn: "No, we didn't have the passing yards. But as a coach, what we focus on is passing efficiency."

Malzahn on the passing game: ""There will be games that we have to throw for a lot of yards and I believe we can."

Malzahn on areas of concern vs. K-State: "They've got an outstanding coach. He's a legend." (Referring to Bill Snyder, of course.)

Malzahn on short kickoffs: "We gave Alex Kviklys the chance" to do some kickoffs in the second half. Says it helped kickoff coverage units.

Malzahn on Quan Bray's punt return: "I'm very happy for Quan. That's been one of our big focuses. It was a huge shot in the arm."

More Malzahn on Bray: "You can just tell his confidence -- he just wants the ball. He wants to return it."

Malzahn on talking to the media: "There's a lot of them I do like."

Malzahn on preparing a Thursday night game: "If it was this Thursday, there would be a big effect." Says the bye makes it "not a big deal."

Malzahn on K-State's kick returners: "Any time you've got a dynamic returner, you've got to make adjustments."

@wareagleextra

Malzahn says "timing" of passing game needs to improve

@JamesCrepea

Gus Malzahn on 2-0 Auburn: "Overall, I like where we're at."

Auburn's Gus Malzahn says injured receiver Sammie Coates is doing well. "We feel like he'll come back 100 percent." He didn't play Saturday

Tiger Talk question: Play both Auburn quarterbacks at same time? "That's an interesting idea," chuckled Gus Malzahn

Auburn's Gus Malzahn on Nick Marshall's passing: "I feel good at where he's at. He'll improve at the year goes on."

@AUGoldMine

NM and JJ on field at same time? CGM: "You never know what the season may present. We at times can be a little creative ..."

@bmarcello

Malzahn on Sammie Coates: "He's definitely a guy that can stretch the fell, but this year we have a lot more options."

Malzahn on Nick Marshall "regression" w/ accuracy: "I don't think he's regressing at all." Once again cites SJSU pressure against the pass.

@AUBlog

hmm...by those quotes..seems to me we will be seeing some 2 QB action

you never know. He won't publicly say one way or the other. Opponents will have to at least consider the possibility and maybe even spend a little time preparing just in case.

He still seems very confident in Marshall's passing improvement. I didn't think Marshall looked that bad this week. With that said, I felt like the whole team was kind of out of sync/sloppy. I really believe that from the second quarter of the KState game, on, we will start to see the well-oiled machine we saw last year.

Archived