Please Read!

Barnacle

I realize this might not be the appropriate forum, but I'd like to get moving on this quickly, which is why I posted it here.

I'd like to get into contact with those who actually run this site to discuss an idea I have to help a friend who's daughter is a freshman at Auburn.

Kayla Perry was diagnosed one month after her eighteenth birthday with high risk stage IV neuroblastoma. Neuroblastoma is a pediatric cancer that typically presents itself in very young children and infants, so from the very beginning of her diagnosis, her doctors knew she had a rare cancer. She received the standard protocol of therapy for her disease, along with several other treatments along the way. The entire process took about fifteen months. Two weeks after her last treatment ended, she got a call from her doctor who told her parents and her that the cancer had grown, even though she'd received all the therapy I was supposed to receive. He explained that the chance of her ever being cured are very low, and so the goal changed from curing the disease to maintaining it. Researchers know very little about neuroblastoma. Pediatric cancer research receives so little funding, so it is very hard for anyone to learn more about it. She just started her freshman year at Auburn University, and along with taking classes and adjusting to treatments, she has made it her personal goal to raise as much money for pediatric cancer research as possible.

Kayla has recently started a foundation to help raise funds for badly needed research.

I would like to get her dad in contact with this site, to see if we, AUFAMILY might be able to help her fund raise. I think this site could provide incredible support for Kayla and her foundation. Please PM me with information that I might be able to pass along to her dad. Thanks so much. WE.

The great thing about foundations that give money directly to research hospitals is that you know where your money is being spent. On research and on patient trials. I used to fundraise for a national charity but was disillusioned when I found out 93% of the money went to overhead, as in their downtown Manhattan office. My academic friends pointed out several foundations that were truly research oriented and 90% of the money went to research.

God bless this family and lets give them some support.

Little doc

Archived