I'm starting to wonder....

AuCivilEng1

I was just looking at a poll on Saturday down south that read "who has the best group of rb's, Alabama, LSU, UGA, or Arky?". I'm starting to wonder if the Media has just stopped watching Auburn games?! Watching Finebaum (I know I shouldn't but I have a problem) and he's talking about every game except for the AU- KSU game. What in the hell is going on?

it's all based on preseason hype. Pawl is Pawl. He knows who his audience is and he plays to them. I wouldn't worry about it. Let them talk about everybody else. We'll just keep on doing our thing and at the end we'll be standing on top of the mountain.

"Auburn is probably the best team in the country" pp... SJSU game officiating crew.

Stick with credibility and enjoy the season.

Nobody talked much about AU in the early 80's either (except for maybe how bad they were) until 2-3 really good seasons. By the middle of the decade AU was a national power and ALWAYS in the discussion thanks to Pat Dye. I have a feeling Gus is of the same material...

Well Matt Mullen just gave us a lot of praises, predicted 30something to 7 tomorrow night

That IS a bold prediction since the only time Ellis Johnson's defenses have held an opponent under 20 points since he's been at Auburn was against Arkansas State, West Carolina, Florida Atlantic and San Jose State. It would be nice to see though, we have the players to do that against non-minnows.

We also held MSU to 20 on the number and held Arkansas to 17 last year, but when you can exaggerate your point using arbitrary end points, why not go for it, right? ;)

I'll be surprised if we hold them under 10; I'll be equally surprised if they score more than 24. With the number of possession we generate, KSU's general level of offensive proficiency, and our coverage approach (man-to-man even against world beaters), we're going to give up some points. I also expect the defense to generate at least one turnover against a team that basically never turns it over.

Well Matt Mullen just gave us a lot of praises, predicted 30something to 7 tomorrow night

That IS a bold prediction since the only time Ellis Johnson's defenses have held an opponent under 20 points since he's been at Auburn was against Arkansas State, West Carolina, Florida Atlantic and San Jose State. It would be nice to see though, we have the players to do that against non-minnows.

We have the DT's to do that. The rest of the positions, not so much.

(Possibly for the "no kidding Canuck, where you been" box): BSPN's beat reporter assigned as the default guy to cover Auburn is a Bama grad? Lets look at what BSPN must have been thinking in doing this:

1. Well, he was the only reporter that applied for that position. (Doubtful).

2. Who knows more about Auburn than a Bama grad?

3. This will kind of stick it to Auburn for embarassing us...repeatedly.

4. This guy is SO qualified he's a slamdunk over the other...10,000...candidates.

http://espn.go.com/c...rules-violation

Archived