Cody Parkey kicks winning field goal for Eagles tonight.

cptau

I watched that too! They even froze him, he made that kick that didn't count, then made it again! War Damn Cody!

Did he miss one earlier? I watched the highlights. Good for him to get the game winner

Yes, in the 1st half he missed from 38 yards out I think. Cody received his second game ball in two games this season.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/09/eagles_beat_colts_30-27_cody_parkey_darren_sproles_fletcher_cox_awarded_game_balls.html#incart_story_package

Special Teams - Cody Parkey: Parkey's first career game-winning field goal likely will have a special place in the rookie's notebook. The rookie missed a field goal early, but atoned for his mistake by drilling the game-winner, a 36-yarder right down the middle - twice - after the Colts called a timeout to try and ice him. Parkey takes home his second Game Ball of the season.

Did he miss one earlier? I watched the highlights. Good for him to get the game winner

I had to look up the stats as I missed most of the game. But yes, he made his first FG from 31 yards out. But missed a 38 yarder on the next drive. Then made FGs of 23 and the game winner of 36. He appears to be 4 for 6 on touchbacks (if I counted right in the play-by-play).

Yep, Cody picked up where he left off at Auburn. A good game.

On the other side of the ball, Trent Richardson averaged 3.8 yards per carry, with 2 fumbles.

Guest jojo1515

Lol at the idea of Chip Kelly winning a game with an Auburn kicker

He saw first hand what AU kickers do when on the other team he got smart.. if you cant beat em, join em!

Parkey was really striking the ball well. Hitting it very high with authority - really looks the part of NFL kicker. I believe every kickoff was out of the endzone as well, but not certain. On another note, at NFL.com on the highlight video they call him Parker. smh, must be Lundquist's son.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000395606/article/what-you-need-to-know-from-eagles-win-over-colts

More good Cody Parkey news. He went 3-3 in a 37-34 win over the Redskins, including a 51 yarder in the 4th quarter to go up by 10 at the time

Looked very good...nailed that 51 yard kick down the center....glad to see him off to a good start.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived