Caught this on CBSSports.com - Bert the dog.

AUsince72

I appear to not be allowed to copy & paste the pic, so if you're curious (and I do believe it's pretty funny) here's the link:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24710741/these-ten-things-highlights-of-the-college-football-week-that-was

1. Bret Bielema morphs into a dog really easily.

Arkansas looked pretty good in its 49-28 win over Texas Tech in Lubbock, and I know the Razorbacks rushed for 438 yards and seven touchdowns, but there's only one thing from that game that really sticks in my memory.

And it's this.

That's just something you cannot unsee after laying your eyes on it. Every time Bret Bielema looks down at his play sheet, or just to check out something on the ground, all I'm going to see is a dog in sunglasses. So, thanks for that, Nick Pants.

Eh ok if that was what he was worried about ok, I dislike Bert but that just seems a little off to me. Interesting article though overall. I hadn't realized that Texas didn't take the ball to start the game after losing the coin toss. Ref even tried to explain to them what that meant but they still went ahead and kicked off.

Eh ok if that was what he was worried about ok, I dislike Bert but that just seems a little off to me. Interesting article though overall. I hadn't realized that Texas didn't take the ball to start the game after losing the coin toss. Ref even tried to explain to them what that meant but they still went ahead and kicked off.

Things at Texas are worse than we thought. They don't even understand the rules of the game...... :dunno:

Things at Texas are worse than we thought. They don't even understand the rules of the game...... :dunno:

Is it really fair to expect your team captain to devote himself to academics all week and still have enough brain cells left to understand all these arcane rules? I mean, that's like expecting Florida players to know they're supposed to block the players wearing the OTHER team's jerseys.

I caught part of the replay last night, and they were talking about a player for the old Dallas Texans who did that in the OVERTIME of an AFC championship game. Fortunately for him, they won anyway.

I appear to not be allowed to copy & paste the pic, so if you're curious (and I do believe it's pretty funny) here's the link:

http://www.cbssports...l-week-that-was

1. Bret Bielema morphs into a dog really easily.

Arkansas looked pretty good in its 49-28 win over Texas Tech in Lubbock, and I know the Razorbacks rushed for 438 yards and seven touchdowns, but there's only one thing from that game that really sticks in my memory.

And it's this.

That's just something you cannot unsee after laying your eyes on it. Every time Bret Bielema looks down at his play sheet, or just to check out something on the ground, all I'm going to see is a dog in sunglasses. So, thanks for that, Nick Pants.

:roflol: :roflol: :roflol:

BxchD36IQAECLKS.jpg

... and from same page, these guys (CBS Inside College Football) not feeling the luv

I see it now but I never would have thought of that had he not brought it up. Why he felt compelled to write that in a story I'll never know.

I didn't take it as a "story" but rather just a humorous piece on odd/funny things that happened on the weekend. Thus the TX coin toss snafu, the Houston defender who was humorously late on making the play on a ball, the Michigan football players family (I guess last name Butts) with the goofy names on the backs of their jerseys etc. It wasn't a serious article...just a puff piece and I particularly found the Bert "dog head" funny....thus why I posted it. Didn't mean for anybody to take it seriously.

BxchD36IQAECLKS.jpg

... and from same page, these guys (CBS Inside College Football) not feeling the luv

I see it now but I never would have thought of that had he not brought it up. Why he felt compelled to write that in a story I'll never know.

I didn't take it as a "story" but rather just a humorous piece on odd/funny things that happened on the weekend. Thus the TX coin toss snafu, the Houston defender who was humorously late on making the play on a ball, the Michigan football players family (I guess last name Butts) with the goofy names on the backs of their jerseys etc. It wasn't a serious article...just a puff piece and I particularly found the Bert "dog head" funny....thus why I posted it. Didn't mean for anybody to take it seriously.

I get that but even at that, it seems, he was the only one to notice that. Why his mind made that connection is what I'm getting at. I guess he had to fill up the space with something and that was the best he could do. Too many people think they should be writers and have their own space at news or sports outlets when they really don't belong. It's not an indictment of them as much as too many outlets and not near enough real talent to fill all the spots available.

Guest jojo1515

BxchD36IQAECLKS.jpg

I get that but even at that, it seems, he was the only one to notice that. Why his mind made that connection is what I'm getting at. I guess he had to fill up the space with something and that was the best he could do. Too many people think they should be writers and have their own space at news or sports outlets when they really don't belong. It's not an indictment of them as much as too many outlets and not near enough real talent to fill all the spots available.

For having cool in your name, you sure are overreacting to absolutely nothing for no reason...

Archived