Bill Maher,,,,,

Tigermike

I don't like Bill all the time, but he has said things that have caught my ear more and more. He gets ISIS. For Liberals, that is a start. Most of them do not get ISIS at all.

They blame the US for creating ISIS.

I don't like Bill all the time, but he has said things that have caught my ear more and more. He gets ISIS. For Liberals, that is a start. Most of them do not get ISIS at all.

Is it barely possible that reality reflects both? Or, is it more likely that conservatives are just a lot smarter than liberals?

I don't believe many "conservatives" understand why the current administration is choosing their words carefully and, not employing "tough" rhetoric.

Is it barely possible that reality reflects both? Or, is it more likely that conservatives are just a lot smarter than liberals?

I don't believe many "conservatives" understand why the current administration is choosing their words carefully and, not employing "tough" rhetoric.

Its called denial. i dont understand why it is even necessary to choose words wisely. They ARE OUR ENEMY for crying out loud. Through it all, that is all that matters in the current context. There is no need to choose words wisely because there is really no reason to refer to religion AT ALL. If its all about religion for them, fine, but continuing this , "ISIS is not Islamic campaign" is a pointless waste of time. These people are over the top radical extremists and worrying about "ruffling their feathers" is just an obvious sign of weakness.

IMO this debate is not about conservatives versus liberals. It about having the stones to speak the truth and stop trying to frame the conservation like we are not at war because WE ARE and I bet it escalates before it de-escalates regardless what this admin chooses to call the enemy.

I liked it when Glenn Greenwald gave him an earful over this a year ago.

Gave who the earful ?

Did you see the posted video all the way through? I think it's spot on, myself. Regardless of what a miserable dickweed Maher is or not.

And I can't help but notice how dogmatic Charlie Rose is with adhering to the non judgmental Leftist talking points w/ regards to Islam, so as to not offend. Despicable.

Its called denial. i dont understand why it is even necessary to choose words wisely. They ARE OUR ENEMY for crying out loud. Through it all, that is all that matters in the current context. There is no need to choose words wisely because there is really no reason to refer to religion AT ALL. If its all about religion for them, fine, but continuing this , "ISIS is not Islamic campaign" is a pointless waste of time. These people are over the top radical extremists and worrying about "ruffling their feathers" is just an obvious sign of weakness.

IMO this debate is not about conservatives versus liberals. It about having the stones to speak the truth and stop trying to frame the conservation like we are not at war because WE ARE and I bet it escalates before it de-escalates regardless what this admin chooses to call the enemy.

He chooses his words carefully because he is trying to seem as though he is actually serious about this but yet try to mollify his anti war base. He is an anti war man at heart. He really believed that his election would end all this. Reality reached up and slapped him in the face.

He chooses his words carefully because he is trying to seem as though he is actually serious about this but yet try to mollify his anti war base. He is an anti war man at heart. He really believed that his election would end all this. Reality reached up and slapped him in the face.

Respectfully disagree.

The dumbest thing ISIS can do (which they did yesterday) is spew a bunch of threatening rhetoric that unites our politically divided populous and galvanizes our resolve.

The dumbest thing we can do is spew a bunch of tough rhetoric that pushes more factions of Islam into extremism.

Tough talk is stupid and meaningless. Better to quietly and humbly destroy them.

You do realize a huge block of liberal voters don't even know who the vice president is correct? Or can even spell conservative? And BTW, I am not a big fan of pointing this out, but in response to an asinine statement inferring liberals are smarter than conservatives, it seems appropriate to some degree.

Respectfully disagree.

The dumbest thing ISIS can do (which they did yesterday) is spew a bunch of threatening rhetoric that unites our politically divided populous and galvanizes our resolve.

The dumbest thing we can do is spew a bunch of tough rhetoric that pushes more factions of Islam into extremism.

Tough talk is stupid and meaningless. Better to quietly and humbly destroy them.

I'm good with that! I'm tired of talk anyway. Just get it done.

You do realize a huge block of liberal voters don't even know who the vice president is correct? Or can even spell conservative? And BTW, I am not a big fan of pointing this out, but in response to an asinine statement inferring liberals are smarter than conservatives, it seems appropriate to some degree.

Well, a statement cannot infer. A statement implies. There was no implication. You have inferred incorrectly.

Please read again and, think about the meaning rather than just assuming that you are opposed.

Respectfully disagree.

The tough talk is window dressing and not an issue with me. What is at issue is having the integrity to call these people what they are instead of dancing around with politically correct mantras. They are radical Islamic extremists anyway you slice it.

Respectfully disagree.

The tough talk is window dressing and not an issue with me. What is at issue is having the integrity to call these people what they are instead of dancing around with politically correct mantras. They are radical Islamic extremists anyway you slice it.

I doubt anyone denies this (if you are referring to ISIS). However, rhetoric that implies all of Islam is our enemy is foolish.

Respectfully disagree.

I doubt anyone denies this (if you are referring to ISIS). However, rhetoric that implies all of Islam is our enemy is foolish.

I haven't seen ANYONE making that case. What I have seen is a President that appears to be more interested in giving these terrorists advice( do not kill hostages)than he is calling them what they are but, he has no problem, whatsoever, calling Republicans jihadists with bombs strapped to their chests.

Respectfully disagree.

I haven't seen ANYONE making that case. What I have seen is a President that appears to be more interested in giving these terrorists advice( do not kill hostages)than he is calling them what they are but, he has no problem, whatsoever, calling Republicans jihadists with bombs strapped to their chests.

You don't consider bombing them, making that case? Seriously?

Respectfully disagree.

By bombing "them" presumably you mean the terrorists, right? Has anyone said lets just indiscriminately bomb everyboby everywhere in Iraq?

Respectfully disagree.

By bombing "them" presumably you mean the terrorists, right? Has anyone said lets just indiscriminately bomb everyboby everywhere in Iraq?

No, no one has said that. In fact, I have never heard anyone use the word "everyboby". What is your point?

Respectfully disagree.

That's the thing. No one is saying ALL of Islam. But denying that Islam is at the root of this / these problems is just as dangerous.

Respectfully disagree.

That's the thing. No one is saying ALL of Islam. But denying that Islam is at the root of this / these problems is just as dangerous.

You do understand the point of not foolishly using rhetoric that will unite all of Islam, don't you?

Respectfully disagree.

No, no one has said that. In fact, I have never heard anyone use the word "everyboby". What is your point?

Like I said, too cute by half, playing gotcha over a typo. Congratulations, you got me. I was asked if bombing them was not making a case that all of Islam is our enemy. I don't see anyone making a case that all of Islam is our enemy. It is, however, either naive or disingenuous to think this ideology hasn't emerged from that religion. Muhammed employed an awful lot of violent imagery starting with the word "jihad" which, believe it or not, has nothing to do with republicans

http://www.audioengl...onary/jihad.htm

Respectfully disagree.

You do understand the point of not foolishly using rhetoric that will unite all of Islam, don't you?

Yes I do and it is not what I was referring to. But reality is a bitch and in reality it doesn't take much to unite those people. Just let someone draw a couple of cartoons, or tell the truth about Islam.

The bottom line is that these people are followers of Islam. Their view may not be the majority view. That is a debatable point. The reality though is that you don't see Christians, or Buddhists or Hindus or any other religion doing this. I know that some will talk about the crusades and the awful acts committed then and that they think religion is bad for the world. Well ok if that is what they want to believe that is their right. The most murderous people in history,communists and Nazis were based on rejecting religion and embracing the idea of no God at all

Respectfully disagree.

Like I said, too cute by half, playing gotcha over a typo. Congratulations, you got me. I was asked if bombing them was not making a case that all of Islam is our enemy. I don't see anyone making a case that all of Islam is our enemy. It is, however, either naive or disingenuous to think this ideology hasn't emerged from that religion. Muhammed employed an awful lot of violent imagery starting with the word "jihad" which, believe it or not, has nothing to do with republicans

http://www.audioengl...onary/jihad.htm

You cannot change the discussion. Well, you can try but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Respectfully disagree.

Yes I do and it is not what I was referring to. But reality is a bitch and in reality it doesn't take much to unite those people. Just let someone draw a couple of cartoons, or tell the truth about Islam.

I do NOT believe you do understand.

Archived