Miss. State vs LSU

WFE12

uh...this right here guys is gonna be a GAME! I think Dak will put up impressive numbers on them and that defense will impress for sure 31-21 Miss. St

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since the conference split into division, MSU is 1-21 against LSU, and most of those are woodshed beatings. If State wins, it's one of the biggest wins for the program in the last two decades. I'll take LSU.

Since the conference split into division, MSU is 1-21 against LSU, and most of those are woodshed beatings. If State wins, it's one of the biggest wins for the program in the last two decades. I'll take LSU.

Yeah -- it's really odd, especially when Ole Miss seems to have LSU's number (at least to the point of keeping things competitive). And somehow it seems Miss State always plays us tougher than Ole Miss. Odd.

Who has MSU played that gives people the idea that they have a chance at beating LSU at night in Baton Rouge?

why is everyone so into the big bad scary night game. Yeah I know the fans are more liquored up but they are still a team with an inexperienced qb and defense.

Who has MSU played that gives people the idea that they have a chance at beating LSU at night in Baton Rouge?

why is everyone so into the big bad scary night game. Yeah I know the fans are more liquored up but they are still a team with an inexperienced qb and defense.

I'd like to know as well. Playing there at night is no different than any other time of the day. It's the biggest myth in college football. I don't think either of these teams are very good...yet. This one is a toss up, IMO.

Good question.

Sure, LSU playing at night in BR can be beaten...but these guys aren't the one to do it IMO.

I think MSU will struggle in this one. MSU's defense gave up 34 points and over 500 yards to UAB. Their other two wins were an awful USM team and an equally awful South Alabama team.

stranger things have happened... *clairvoyant voice*

Go Bulldogs and Geaux Tigers.....beat bama.

be that much better if we beat them when they have a chance to make the playoffs ^-^

We haven't beaten LSU in Baton Rouge since 1999... the last time we played a non-night game there. I think most things are myths. Death Valley at night is not in that category.

I think MSU will struggle in this one. MSU's defense gave up 34 points and over 500 yards to UAB. Their other two wins were an awful USM team and an equally awful South Alabama team.

This year's UAB is not your typical UAB team. I'm proud of their improvement.

The Miss St score and Bama score against southern miss were similar, 49-0 and 52-12 respectively. I believe Miss St is better than most think.

This should be a good game and my pick is Miss St by a field goal.

The Miss St score and Bama score against southern miss were similar, 49-0 and 52-12 respectively. I believe Miss St is better than most think.

yep ^this UAB has vastly improved too..

UAB may have improved, but allowing 34 points and 500+ yards should be unacceptable for ANY opponent, much less UAB...regardless of how much they've improved.

I'd like to know as well. Playing there at night is no different than any other time of the day. It's the biggest myth in college football. I don't think either of these teams are very good...yet. This one is a toss up, IMO.

Noises seem louder at night due to the stillness of everything else around it as well as heightened senses due to less visibility. That's why night games seem louder.

Teams feed off the crowd. We might even fight out tomorrow evening how much a wild crowd can affect an opposing team.

I guarantee you the crowd at a night game in Baton Rouge is more keyed up than one played in the middle of the day. Having that many drunken corndogs screaming down at the field is intense. I've been in that stadium at night, it wasn't fun. My ears were crackling the entire first few possessions.

Of course we started out horribly(can't remember the year, but we got shellacked) and I zipped up my jacket over my AU shirt and left the stadium. It's not a fun place as a visiting fan at any time of the day.

Well, the last time AU beat LSU in Death Valley was 15 years ago and it wasn't a night game. So there may be at least a little something to this supposed myth, at least it seems to have been a problem for our team.

LSU gonna LSU all over MSU.

2009 LSU wins 30-26 (Hunchback's 1st yr)

2010 LSU wins 29-7

2011 LSU wins 19-6

2012 LSU wins 37-17

2013 LSU wins 59-26

2014 LSU wins 31-14

Both SEC Mississippi teams are getting a buttload of undeserved respect so far this year. Miss State's an interesting conversation though because they have very good players with zero depth at a few positions and major holes in some other major areas. LSU is a legit top 5 team IMO that, because they're coached by Les Miles, can still lose AT HOME to a Miss St caliber team. Which in no way is meant to compliment Mullin's ability as a head coach.

Yes, intriguing early season SEC West matchup.

Archived