CIA Director John Brennan Refuses.............

Proud Tiger

This is precedent setting stuff IMHO.

Maybe in terms of how it is being confronted. In terms of conduct, I don't believe it is. These types know a lot of things that other people don't want them to know and, certainly don't want shared. That gives them great power. I think many of them believe they are above the law. This has been the attitude since Hoover and Helms. Yes, I realize Hoover was never DCI. Hopefully, you understand what I mean.

Maybe in terms of how it is being confronted. In terms of conduct, I don't believe it is. These types know a lot of things that other people don't want them to know and, certainly don't want shared. That gives them great power. I think many of them believe they are above the law. This has been the attitude since Hoover and Helms. Yes, I realize Hoover was never DCI. Hopefully, you understand what I mean.

Yep...this is the CIA doing domestic spying. Should not happen. I don't care if it's the Senate or Joe Schmoe.

Yep...this is the CIA doing domestic spying. Should not happen. I don't care if it's the Senate or Joe Schmoe.

Another aspect that really bothers me is, this attitude is finding it's way into other agencies. When the IRS chief testified before congress, his facial expressions did not hide his arrogance or, his contempt for oversight. The idea that they are not accountable to Congress nor the American people is wrong.

Another aspect that really bothers me is, this attitude is finding it's way into other agencies. When the IRS chief testified before congress, his facial expressions did not hide his arrogance or, his contempt for oversight. The idea that they are not accountable to Congress nor the American people is wrong.

Correct! I think the real question is why nothing is being done?

Correct! I think the real question is why nothing is being done?

My guess is, politics is far more important than governing on both sides.

Archived