Marshall in the NFL

WFE12

Think this might be pretty early but Mel Kiper came on the CFB Daily show and talked about prospects to look for in tonight's game for us mentioning duuuuuke, sammie, reese, and gabe but also mentioned nick.....said since the wildcat phase has pretty much died out he sees him going back to db. I remember denard robinson being drafted and being named as an "OW" (offensive weapon) i think nick is better than denard was especially at passing and if he so chooses to go to the nfl he will succeed. IDK about db though,might have to scavenge to find video of him playing db...whatever position he plays a team will definitely benefit from his athletic prowess.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nick can't play quarterback in the NFL. He might be a good enough athlete to play somewhere, but not QB.

Cam?

Cam Newton is two times the size of Nick. He has the prototype build for a NFL QB.

Nick can't play quarterback in the NFL. He might be a good enough athlete to play somewhere, but not QB.

Cam?

Cam Newton is two times the size of Nick. He has the prototype build for a NFL QB.

I wasn't implying that Nick was anywhere close to the size of Cam. I think you, along with everyone else on this board all heard the talk of how Cam wouldn't make it in the NFL. He's doing just fine right now. We don't have a clue how much better Nick has gotten in the offseason so why are we already implying he "can't play QB in the NFL"?

Cam?

I wasn't implying that Nick was anywhere close to the size of Cam. I think you, along with everyone else on this board all heard the talk of how Cam wouldn't make it in the NFL. He's doing just fine right now. We don't have a clue how much better Nick has gotten in the offseason so why are we already implying he "can't play QB in the NFL"?

Who said Cam couldn't play in the NFL? Scouts were drooling over him big time

Cam?

i only said what i said cuz i know the nfl, and more than likely won't play him at qb in the NFL, not fair but hey that's the NFL...

Anyone comparing Marshall to Cam and yes, Mike Vick, needs to be drug tested. Are you forgetting what Vick was in his prime?? He was never a great passer, but was probably the greatest and most explosive runner to EVER play the position. When in his prime, you could make the argument he was the best ATHLETE in the entire league. Nick Marshall isn't at that level. He's good but he ain't Mike Vick good. And as far as comparisons to Cam?? Child please...

Cam?

Who said Cam couldn't play in the NFL? Scouts were drooling over him big time

Mike Mayock, and the so called gurus of bspn

What's the difference, statistically or physically, between Nick and this guy?

Numbers look the same. Results were the same. Physical build is about the same.

No offense, but Marshall isn't even half the QB that Vick was when it comes to actually playing the position (ball placement, accuracy, route progression). Even if you want to compare "physically", Vick was faster and had a bigger arm (arguably the best in the NFL during his prime).

Looking at their stats shows nothing. Remember that Vick wasn't playing in the stat-happy spread offenses you see today that simplify the position significantly. Just watching Marshall you should be able to conclude that he's nowhere near Vick.

Not sure I understand all the negative on Nick.

Nothing positive to say don't say ..........

Would like to think we all would be pulling for him to find a place in the nfl to make a living.

Memories of 2012 must be gone.

There isn't a guy on Auburn's football team I want to be playing under center except Nick Marshall. I trust him tremendously and I think if he works his ass off he'll do just fine in the NFL.

You guys are crazy as he'll talking about Mike Vick's ball placement. Marshall is every bit the thrower Vick ever was at VaTech. You're letting his progress in the NFL color your memory of him in college. He was a wilder passer than Marshall.

You guys are crazy as he'll talking about Mike Vick's ball placement. Marshall is every bit the thrower Vick ever was at VaTech. You're letting his progress in the NFL color your memory of him in college. He was a wilder passer than Marshall.

Crazy? Vick wasn't throwing line-drive ropes on deep balls that were flying 5+ yards out of the receiver's reach....still. He was also playing in a much more traditional offense.

Get real. If Marshall was Vick you'd be seeing legit NFL hype about him. Vick was "raw", Marshall looks like a DB with a strong arm.

Archived