***Auburn vs. Kansas State Post Game Thread***

RunInRed

FINAL: Auburn 20 Kansas State 14

Bx3Q4QjCUAEi7Lq.png

The Tigers improve to 3-0 on the season with a road win against a Top 20 opponent. War Eagle!

Capture.png

Capture.png

This is Auburn’s first win at the home of a ranked non-conference opponent since a 42-41 win at No. 9 FSU in 1984.

HC Gus Malzahn

Phillip Marshall/247Sports (via YouTube)

• Malzahn: "We're very very happy to get a very tough-earned victory."
  • Malzahn."This is one of the games I really think can help us in the future. We faced some adversity tonight."
  • Malzahn on Duke Williams' play: "You run football and give them a chance to win game with 40 seconds or you go ahead and try to win game yourself. ...We're going to keep giving him the ball. He's a special-type talent."
  • Malzahn on Nick Marshall on coming through in the clutch: "He's got a knack for that."
  • Malzahn tips his visor to Auburn's defense in 20-14 win over Kansas State. "I'm very proud they found a way to win," he said.

Phillip Marshall/247Sports (via YouTube)

Meanwhile, at Toomer's ...

Bx3VqLACMAAZK18.jpg

Todd Van Emst photo

Bx3YlljCYAADB-p.jpg

Todd Van Emst photo

Bx3XBxiCYAAA5FE.jpg

via @AllenHenry

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You take a deep breath, congratulate the opponent on playing their ass off, and you walk out 3-0. That's a game that could be the turning point for the 2014 team.

Pro: Auburn grit Con: Refs(And I hate to call out REFS, but it was obvious)

Extremely!

Very poor performance on the big, prime time national tv slot which is very unfortunate. I mean we won, barely. Time to move on and get crap fixed.

"Auburn's so good on offense but their defense is so so" Now in this game defense is good but offense is so so, Why oh Why can't we be a complete team!!!!!

FINAL: Auburn 20 Kansas State 14

The Tigers improve to 3-0 on the season with a road win against a Top 20 opponent. War Eagle!

Capture.png

Capture.png

Shut down the bread and butter of K-States offense, which is the rushing attack, yet Pollack states the defense hasn't improved...

A win against a ranked team on the road....I'm OK with that. Sure KSU made mistakes but our WRs missed half a dozen catchable balls, some of which were probably TDs..... So glad that's behind us.

D gave up 40 yards rushing.....hard to complain about that but I expect there are some on here who will find fault with that too.

Pro: Auburn grit Con: Refs(And I hate to call out REFS, but it was obvious)

Right. Auburn should have been called on a couple more PI.

Frost and Trovon Reed both played well. O-Line did a great job of pass blocking but run blocking was not very good. We won which is important but I hope we will use this game to get us going as we never really looked good.

W..Take it, take it, take it....Ugly....

Gotta give KState their due....they did some things we managed on offense and we had some drops that cost us points and position.

Weird flow...we just weren't clicking on the O line...

Best thing that can happen is we play the next game...

It's quite obvious that we won't be a good team until we fire Ellis Johnson and bench Nick Marshall. Even after we've done that, we'll still have to buy some refs.

Archived