Defensive Recruiting

Rednilla

Florence has SEC talent every year. Belue started for bammer a couple of years DT shackleford would be in the nfl right now if it wasn't for injuries even still he's been the captain for ole miss defense for 2 or 3 years, Reggie ragland starts for bammer right now, kivon Coman major role in msu secondary, Brown will be next great linebacker for msu, ole miss next qb well probably guy from Florence, ole miss has another linebacker they signed last year, Keegan will play for Alabama next year, Dee Smith just signed with Louisville also had offer from Miami, Gus coached DJ at ark state and he's in the nfl now, lineman signed with vandy last year and he was one of the best guards in state. Everybody is praying Johnson stays committed to us. I know the recruiting but I'm not interested in rankings I'm asking about someone who actually evaluate talent from the school because like I said we miss guys from there that end up being good players. I guarantee that Dee Smith will be an awesome safety I'm just wondering why our coaches can't see that.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wrote in another thread I'm disappointed in our misses in the northwest part of the state, E would you happen to know who evaluates this part of the state?

Northwest Alabama? There ain't much there in terms of SEC talent.

Beniquez Brown is the last decent recruit from Northwest Alabama. Liner and Calloway were also from there, HA

I stand corrected. I thought Muscle Shoals was in North Central Alabama. My bad.

Florence has SEC talent every year. Belue started for bammer a couple of years DT shackleford would be in the nfl right now if it wasn't for injuries even still he's been the captain for ole miss defense for 2 or 3 years, Reggie ragland starts for bammer right now, kivon Coman major role in msu secondary, Brown will be next great linebacker for msu, ole miss next qb well probably guy from Florence, ole miss has another linebacker they signed last year, Keegan will play for Alabama next year, Dee Smith just signed with Louisville also had offer from Miami, Gus coached DJ at ark state and he's in the nfl now, lineman signed with vandy last year and he was one of the best guards in state. Everybody is praying Johnson stays committed to us. I know the recruiting but I'm not interested in rankings I'm asking about someone who actually evaluate talent from the school because like I said we miss guys from there that end up being good players. I guarantee that Dee Smith will be an awesome safety I'm just wondering why our coaches can't see that.

uat has a commitment from a FHS safety.

WDE!

Between Florence, muscle shoals, tuscumbia, Decatur, Huntsville there is plenty of talent I'm just wondering who is supposed to scout the area?

I thought Florence Alabama was in Northeast Bama. My bad. Ragland went to Bob Jones. That's North Central not North West. With Alabama broken up into 9 recruiting territories with each coach having 1 I believe North West and North Central have different coaches in those territories.

There is not a Keagan on Bama's roster. Who are you talking about there?

Ragland and Ben Q where the only prospects you mentions I could see having a quality role on our team. We were after Ragland but he was always all Bama even before they offered. I agree it was a mistake getting in late on BenQ. Dee Smith has an AU offer but not a take because we are full right now in terms of the DBs the staff will take in this class.

Keegan is a senior this year for Florence. Huntsville is considered northwest. At least up here it is. Play in the same area. And Reggie ragland is actually from Florence but he moved Huntsville/Madison. And you just don't know yet but kivon Coman would definitely be playing for us if not starting. Belue would have started for us as well.

Shackolford (sp) had bad luck with injuries but he's as good as our linebackers or was.

I don't know about the other db's and maybe they are all very good but Smith is a tough rugged hard hitting type of safety and he just moved to safety from linebacker so he has some big potential there I think.

Thanks for the info!

Between Florence, muscle shoals, tuscumbia, Decatur, Huntsville there is plenty of talent I'm just wondering who is supposed to scout the area?

I don't remember and can't find that info. To be honest I only remember the Territories I care about which is Mobile (Craig), South Central (Cheese), B'ham (Garner), and Central East (Lashlee).

Here are the territories for the coaches.

Johnson

West central Alabama including Tuscaloosa, Centreville, Carrollton, Greensboro and Livingston. East central Georgia including Savannah, Dublin, Hinesville, Hawkinsville, Cochran, Waynesboro, Swainsboro, Sylvania and Statesboro. South South Carolina below I-20. Parts of North Carolina.

Lashlee

East central Alabama including Auburn, Opelika, Phenix City, Tuskegee, Dadeville, Lafayette, Ashland and Wedowee. Central Georgia including Forsyth, Monticello, Milledgeville, Irwinton, Perry, Valley, Butler, Thomaston and Barnesville. Central Tennessee

including Nashville. Parts of Arkansas.

Craig

The gulf coast of Alabama including Mobile and Baldwin counties. North central Georgia including Dekalb County, Decatur, Conyers, McDonough, Covington and Jackson. The Florida panhandle including Tallahassee and Pensacola. Mississippi gulf coast including Gulfport, Biloxi and Pascagoula. Southeast Louisiana including New Orleans

Fountain

Southeast Alabama including Dothan, Troy, Geneva, Ozark, Elba, Abbeville and Union Springs. Southwest Georgia including Albany, Dawson, Cusseta, Buena Vista, Oglethorpe, Sylvester, Moultrie, Cairo, Bainbridge, Thomasville, Blakely and Colquitt. The Space coast of Florida including Orlando, DeLand, Vero Beach and Ft. Pierce.

Garner

North central Alabama including Birmingham, Leeds, Ashville, Oxford, Anniston and Heflin. West central Georgia including Atlanta (Fulton County), Jonesboro, Douglasville, Griffin, Fayetteville, Newnan, Columbus, LaGrange and Carrollton. North Florida including Jacksonville, Ocala and Gainesville. Parts of Louisiana and Texas. Kansas and Texas junior colleges.

Grimes

Northwest Alabama including Decatur, Athens, Florence, Cullman, Jasper, Russellville and Hamilton. East Mississippi including Meridian, Starkville, Tupelo and Oxford. Parts of Arkansas, Louisiana and Texas. Mississippi junior colleges.

Cheese

Central Alabama including Montgomery, Prattville, Wetumpka, Clanton and Hoover. Northeast Georgia including Gwinnett County, Monroe, Greensboro, Gainesville, Clayton, Athens and Augusta. Southeast Florida including Miami (Dade County). North South Carolina above I-20. Parts of North Carolina.

Horton

Northeast Alabama including Huntsville, Gadsden, Guntersville, Scottsboro, Fort Payne and Centre. Northwest Georgia including Cobb County, Canton, Cumming, Cleveland, Dalton, Calhoun, Rome and Cartersville. West Florida including Tampa, Bartow, Sarasota, Ft. Myers and Naples. West Tennessee including Memphis and East Tennessee including Knoxville. Parts of Arkansas.

Smith

Southwest Alabama including Selma, Linden, Camden, Butler, Monroeville and Grove Hill. Southeast Georgia including Tifton, Valdosta, Douglas, Waycross, Brantley and Brunswick. Southeast Florida including Ft. Lauderdale (Broward County) and Palm Beach. West and South Mississippi including Jackson, Batesville, Clarksdale, Greenville, Vicksburg, Columbia, Natchez, Hattiesburg and Waynesboro. Parts of Texas. Mississippi junior colleges.

In short Grimes has the Florence area and Horton has Huntsville area.

• 2 weeks later...

We all saw where we are at last night. It's time to focus all of our energy and attention on defensive recruiting! We need 2-3 DB's to go along with those 3-4 D-linemen, and an elite LB to top it off!

Please sign some quality defensive talent- and a lot of it. Please please pretty please. We are just wasting some great offensive performences with the current lineup.

You'd also have to think Muschamp would bring some talent with him right?

He doesn't have a ton of commits.

Did not realize the lack of commits Florida had this year. My bad! I'm sure we'd make a push for Cece and Cowart though right?

We need that corner back BAD!!!! Like he should be a #1 priority

Barring us getting T Rob, which is possible, and him pulling a rabit out of the hate we are not getting an elite CB in this class. Our elite CB flipped to Ole Miss.

You'd also have to think Muschamp would bring some talent with him right?

T Rob or another coach woiuld have to bring the talent. It's apart of Boom's UF contract that he can't recruit players for a year that he recruited while at Florida.

Archived