Any posters from here actually at the K State game?

aubfaninga

I noticed, on some of their message boards, that the Auburn fans were complaining about officials and were very vocal about it. I watched the K State Iowa St game so I know there offense blocks way different than what is allowed in the SEC. THEY HOLD every down but I think its the norm in the Big 12. Besides lineman and receivers holding, what other complaints were warranted toward the officials?

No need to talk about the stoppage for the replay on the 1 yard line. The officials botched that one bad and basically gave K state and extra timeout.

They also stopped play to review a pretty obvious catch in bounds on the same series. This stoppage wound up leading to a TV timeout. They pretty much got 2 free timeouts on that drive.

Multiple missed calls on blocks in the back on punts.

They did not replay any angles on TV that showed definitive proof of blocks in the back. Hints of it but nothing glaring like if we had blocked in the back against the turds.

No need to talk about the stoppage for the replay on the 1 yard line. The officials botched that one bad and basically gave K state and extra timeout.

They also stopped play to review a pretty obvious catch in bounds on the same series. This stoppage wound up leading to a TV timeout. They pretty much got 2 free timeouts on that drive.

Glad it wasn't just me......it felt like they were reviewing to give K-State extra time.

How bad was the holding... I meant "Big 12 blocking" in person? It is laughable on TV

I wasn't there. Just helping your thread along by answering the 2nd part of the post ;)

And I thought SEC refs were bad. That is a big burr under my saddle. Need to have officials under NCAA control. Get rid of conference officials.

What happened to the visiting school's conference providing the officials. That use to be the norm.

They did not replay any angles on TV that showed definitive proof of blocks in the back. Hints of it but nothing glaring like if we had blocked in the back against the turds.

There was in the first quarter. I just watched a replay and its clear as a bell right in the middle of the screen. The refs couldn't miss it because it was right where the ball carrier was running.

Jav Mitchell is on a straight line to the ball carrier on the right hash mark just 8 yards away and is blocked square in the back. That springs the KSU punt returner who gets 22 yards on the return. At the point of contact no part of the KSU blocker is in front of the AU tackler.

@ 3:57- Auburn punts.

@ 3:54- KSU fields punt at KSU 27 yard line.

@ 3:52 (pause replay)- the block in the back is at the KSU 35 yard line by KSU's #15 on AU's #16 Jav Michell.

@ 3:43- KSU punt returner tackled at the AU 43 yard line for a gain of 22 yards on the return.

So instead of 1st down KSU deep in their own territory after a penalty, it's 1st down KSU at the AU 43. A huge change in field position for KSU.

There was in the first quarter. I just watched a replay and its clear as a bell right in the middle of the screen. Jav Mitchell is on a straight line to the ball carrier on the right hash mark just 8 yards away and is blocked square in the back. At the point of contact no part of the KSU blocker is in front of the AU tackler.

@ 3:58- Auburn snaps ball to punt

@ 3:52 (pause replay)- the block in the back is at the 35 yard line by KSU's #15 on AU's #16 Jav Michell.

Yep. That's a block in the back for sure. Thanks for the exact time

I was at the game. Just got back home tonight. The refs must have lost their money for laundry, because they did not want to get their flag dirty. Coach GM was clearly upset at the boys in stripes. Holding could have been called on numerous plays, blocking in the back was very clear on the one return (but the ref told GM their player made a clean block.) I must say the fans were very nice! We came away with a win, so no since crying over spilled milk, on to the next game.

I was at the game. Just got back home tonight. The refs must have lost their money for laundry, because they did not want to get their flag dirty. Coach GM was clearly upset at the boys in stripes. Holding could have been called on numerous plays, blocking in the back was very clear on the one return (but the ref told GM their player made a clean block.) I must say the fans were very nice! We came away with a win, so no since crying over spilled milk, on to the next game.

So, how do you rank their stadium noise and atmosphere?

I was at the game. The KSU fans were great. Many many KSU fans thanked us for making the trip. Great tailgate location right outside the stadium. They let you leave at halftime and re-enter the stadium so there were at lot of people doing so. Crowd was pretty darn loud and they were really into the game. It was very obvious to me that this game was a very big deal for KSU and there opportunity to prove they belong with the big boys.

And I thought SEC refs were bad. That is a big burr under my saddle. Need to have officials under NCAA control. Get rid of conference officials.

What happened to the visiting school's conference providing the officials. That use to be the norm.

I don't know. Actually I think it was a case of split crews and they decided to go with a crew from the home teams conference.

Yeah. That was pretty glaring.

I think the big 12 officials had tighten up their review procedures. Previous suspensions.

http://collegefootball.ap.org/article/big-12-conference-suspends-replay-officials

We'll show them how we do it next year in the SEC

What??

^ Yeah, what? We showed them how we do it in the SEC back in 2007.

Brad Lester. Whatever happened to him?

I was there , thought they missed a lot of holding situations, block in the back and the stop down at the goal line I felt like gave KState an extra time out. The one flag they threw on them looked like the official threw it as an afterthought. That was the only flag on them that I can remember. I felt like we were playing UA. To answer the question about Brad Lester, he lives in Atl and runs a gym there, and is about to start running competitive track. Just saw him and talked to him a few weeks ago. He said he had not been back to AU since he left.

Archived