Gotta Give Tebow Credit

BamaGrad03

His commentary this morning on Jameis Winston's situation was incredibly classy. Incredibly classy. And there was actually some insight there. I know a lot of former rival guys in the media take opportunities like this to fire a shot at a former adversary team, but Tebow really had some great things to say about Winston, and touched on some deeper concepts that many haven't hit with all of this.

The guy may not be a good analyst, but he's a refreshing counter to the Finebaums of the world who only know how to gain interest by criticizing others.

Instead of piling on Winston like everyone else is doing, he said his prayer for Winston is that he finds some really wise counsel. That he can get introduced to a mentor who can help Jameis realize that he's got more to live for than just being in the moment and winning football games. And he touched on the fact that whether he wants to be or not, Jameis is a role model for tons of kids - and that he still has an opportunity to change the perception of himself and leverage his popularity to be a positive impact on childrens' lives.

He said a lot of other stuff, but that's really what stood out. He really stressed how Jameis NEEDS a mentor right now.

Everyone is writing Winston off - and I'm guilty of it too. But Tebow is the first person I heard who seems genuinely concerned with Winston turning himself around and using his charisma and high visibility for something good. That's a lot more wisdom than I have, because I've been killing the kid for a week now.

I think Tebow is being honest about what he thinks. I also think he tried to help some of those characters on the Florida teams. One of which Hernandez, did not accept the advice or help and is now sitting in jail.

I hate to say it, but if Winston hasn't received or sought after good counsel after all the other stuff he has been involved in then I'm not sure he is going to or wants to. What is he going to do when he is out on his own as NFL player I don't think he makes it.

I hope for his sake someone "takes him under their wing" and can help him out.

Tebow seems, at least to me, to be one of genuine good character. Unlike the steaming pile of a QB that's currently suspended in Tally.

The more I hear about Jameis, the more he reminds me of former WSU QB Ryan Leaf. That guy simply never got it, and if Jameis thinks he can waltz through college and then land in the NFL, he's got a huge wake up call in front of him

His commentary this morning on Jameis Winston's situation was incredibly classy. Incredibly classy. And there was actually some insight there. I know a lot of former rival guys in the media take opportunities like this to fire a shot at a former adversary team, but Tebow really had some great things to say about Winston, and touched on some deeper concepts that many haven't hit with all of this.

The guy may not be a good analyst, but he's a refreshing counter to the Finebaums of the world who only know how to gain interest by criticizing others.

Instead of piling on Winston like everyone else is doing, he said his prayer for Winston is that he finds some really wise counsel. That he can get introduced to a mentor who can help Jameis realize that he's got more to live for than just being in the moment and winning football games. And he touched on the fact that whether he wants to be or not, Jameis is a role model for tons of kids - and that he still has an opportunity to change the perception of himself and leverage his popularity to be a positive impact on childrens' lives.

He said a lot of other stuff, but that's really what stood out. He really stressed how Jameis NEEDS a mentor right now.

Everyone is writing Winston off - and I'm guilty of it too. But Tebow is the first person I heard who seems genuinely concerned with Winston turning himself around and using his charisma and high visibility for something good. That's a lot more wisdom than I have, because I've been killing the kid for a week now.

With you, BG. Tim Tebow's wisdom is otherworldly! There are no impossibilities there. :jossun:

He is a sociopath, a mentor is as unrealistic of a proposition as has ever been made for him on any subject.

Kind and nice sentiment based in ZERO reality.

I agree.

BTW...Hernandez is a sociopath also.

i bet even dameyune craig could not gt through that skull. im sure FSU coaches and admin. have already tried all they can.

I'm not sure they have. I think they have been his enablers to a degree. I don't think he's beyond hope yet. He's getting closer though.

i bet even dameyune craig could not gt through that skull. im sure FSU coaches and admin. have already tried all they can.

I'm not sure they have. I think they have been his enablers to a degree. I don't think he's beyond hope yet. He's getting closer though.

He was beyond hope when he violated that girl and lied about it, and has never shown any real remorse. If he is capable of that then he is capable of doing almost anything else. He is a scary young man.

Tebow is a real deal Christian. Very level headed as well.

He was beyond hope when he violated that girl and lied about it, and has never shown any real remorse. If he is capable of that then he is capable of doing almost anything else. He is a scary young man.

Oh at the moment yes he is very scary. He hasn't yet had to pay a price of any significance for anything he's done. I have, and I suspect you have as well, heard the stories of some of the most hardened criminals finding Jesus and getting their life turned around. I pray it doesn't come to that with him. As to the sexual assault accusation. I am of the mind that he did that but that is far from a certainty. The TPD effed that whole thing up and we'll never know, I suspect, what the full truth is. He may be a sociopath. I don't know. I'll leave that up to someone more qualified than me to determine. It's too early to give up on him yet IMHO.

Te bo is right in that the guy need a mentor. But 4 strikes now and he only gets a game suspension because the interim president started feeling the heat from National media. The kid needs to be kicked off the team.

Oh at the moment yes he is very scary. He hasn't yet had to pay a price of any significance for anything he's done. I have, and I suspect you have as well, heard the stories of some of the most hardened criminals finding Jesus and getting their life turned around. I pray it doesn't come to that with him. As to the sexual assault accusation. I am of the mind that he did that but that is far from a certainty. The TPD effed that whole thing up and we'll never know, I suspect, what the full truth is. He may be a sociopath. I don't know. I'll leave that up to someone more qualified than me to determine. It's too early to give up on him yet IMHO.

I'll just have to disagree since I majored in Psychology and minored in Criminal Justice and Sociology. I worked in the mental health area for quite a while, and I think a lot of reformed criminals are running a con on gullible people. I have seen it a lot. JW knows right from wrong in the legal sense....otherwise he would not lie about the things that he does. He just doesn't he has to deny himself what he wants. He lies to avoid the consequences of his behavior. He never shows that he has true feelings of guilt. He just keeps on thuggin' and makes no effort to change himself on any meaningful level.

He will not learn to be a good person but he will learn to be more cunning and manipulative as people continue to excuse his behavior. He's not just "spontaneous"....

He is showing us who he really is but there seems to be difficulty in accepting it. A rapist is a danger to society and I think he is guilty of that crime.

Agree or disagree....just IMHO.

I'll just have to disagree since I majored in Psychology and minored in Criminal Justice and Sociology. I worked in the mental health area for quite a while, and I think a lot of reformed criminals are running a con on gullible people. I have seen it a lot. JW knows right from wrong in the legal sense....otherwise he would not lie about the things that he does. He just doesn't he has to deny himself what he wants. He lies to avoid the consequences of his behavior. He never shows that he has true feelings of guilt. He just keeps on thuggin' and makes no effort to change himself on any meaningful level.

He will not learn to be a good person but he will learn to be more cunning and manipulative as people continue to excuse his behavior. He's not just "spontaneous"....

He is showing us who he really is but there seems to be difficulty in accepting it. A rapist is a danger to society and I think he is guilty of that crime.

Agree or disagree....just IMHO.

well I will defer to your judgment and if he is as you say, he will do this again. It is all unnecessary but the administration, athletic dept and the authorities all swept it under the rug to protect their football program.

Guest FEARLESSANDTRUE

Tim Tebow is a class act, no doubt. And yes who wouldn't agree that Jameis Winston needs a mentor. But frankly, I don't see any evidence to support him actually LISTENING to a mentor should he accept one. He seems to be a textbook definition of sociopath. I have seen no remorse on his part and have only seen him as thinking he is above following rules. FSU has handled this about as poorly as any institution could. They may want to consider keeping a helmet on his head and duct tape over his mouth at all times.

Honestly I hope I am wrong. I hope he learns some control because I don't want another young woman to be victimized by him.

Amen and Amen.

Archived