SEC WEST AVERAGE SCORES

Texas A&M: <55.3-11.8> (+43.5)

Ole miss: <44-10.3> (+34.3)

Alabama: <42-14> (+28)

Auburn: <41.3-16> (+25.3)

Arkansas: <48.8-23.5> (+25.3)

Miss state: <41.3-16.5> (+24.8)

LSU: <36.0-14.5> (+21.5)

Every single team in the SEC West has a point differential of at least +21 through four weeks of football, or 3 touchdowns. As opposed to the SEC East, only Georgia has above a +21 point differential with +29. Obviously this won't remain in the coming weeks since the SEC west will tear itself apart, but these stats through 1/3 of the season are worth noting. After Mississippi State's upset win tonight against LSU, the SEC west will surely have 6 ranked teams. I don't know how often this has happened historically, but I'm sure not very often. Could this be one of the greatest divisions, top to bottom, ever?

Another thing worth noting: Even though Arkansas is un-ranked, they have received a few votes in the "Others receiving votes" section of the AP Poll. This means that they are a top 40 if not top 35 team depending on how the rankings shake up tomorrow

Yeah, after this weekend, it is apparent there is not an easy game in the SEC for Auburn. However, I am afraid that this year may not have an SEC team in the playoff because no one will dominate and the internal round-robin could cause the SEC champ to be a 2-loss team and the committee will choose 1-loss team with a much weaker schedule. However, if we just keep winning and improving each week, we take the West,the Conference and the first playoff championship. I still believe we will be the first to win 15-0! WAR EAGLE

1 maybe 2 of our toughest games of the season have been played and won. I feel like we can beat LSU by 2-3 TDs of which I will be most proud of! do not care much for that team. Have others I do not care for in the SEC and that is each team we play for the most part. I enjoyed MSU beat down of LSU....we almost. MSU should have put that game away when they were a few yards from scoring late in the 4th. Anyhow, I was glad to see MSU win that game.

I feel good about our 2014 Tigers!! Yes, I do!

Arkansas has the #3 offense in the country behind #1 Baylor and #2 Texas A&M.

Arkansas is scoring more points per game than Oregon, Let that sink in

But against who? Other than 21 on us, have they played anybody worth it yet?

We could split hairs on the strength of schedule card all day. Oregon plays nobody either. We haven't really played anybody except kansas state and only put up 20, does that make Arkansas better than us? I don't think so. Arkansas's points per game is definitely subject to change, but with all the nobodies that every single team in the FBS plays in the first 4 weeks, you would think that more than just 2 teams could score more than Arkansas. Points are points regardless of the team. and Arkansas has to execute these plays. Just because you play "nobody" doesn't mean you're guaranteed a 70-0 win. Look at Florida Ga Southern last year. The little guys are playing better than ever

We could split hairs on the strength of schedule card all day. Oregon plays nobody either. We haven't really played anybody except kansas state and only put up 20, does that make Arkansas better than us? I don't think so. Arkansas's points per game is definitely subject to change, but with all the nobodies that every single team in the FBS plays in the first 4 weeks, you would think that more than just 2 teams could score more than Arkansas. Points are points regardless of the team. and Arkansas has to execute these plays. Just because you play "nobody" doesn't mean you're guaranteed a 70-0 win. Look at Florida Ga Southern last year. The little guys are playing better than ever

Well Baylor really has played nobody at least Oregon played MSU, Arky played Auburn, and TAMU played USCe but the rest of their schedule was well horrible.

The SEC West is no doubt tough, but there are a finite number of wins that can come out of one division. We're going to see more division with the West over the next 3 weeks. The schedule will be tough, but it won't look as bad in a month as it does right now once things level out for a few teams.

The SEC West is no doubt tough, but there are a finite number of wins that can come out of one division. We're going to see more division with the West over the next 3 weeks. The schedule will be tough, but it won't look as bad in a month as it does right now once things level out for a few teams.

This is the problem with polls, If say 7 beats 12 should twelve drop what is the threshold to drop them? In theory 12 should have lost. Polls shouldn't come out till Oct. If our schedule beat each other up and start dropping it doesn't make our schedule any easier on the field they are all really good teams and in theory the same should be happening in other Conferences.

The highest BIG team in the ESPN FPI is OSU at 17

1 maybe 2 of our toughest games of the season have been played and won. I feel like we can beat LSU by 2-3 TDs of which I will be most proud of! do not care much for that team. Have others I do not care for in the SEC and that is each team we play for the most part. I enjoyed MSU beat down of LSU....we almost. MSU should have put that game away when they were a few yards from scoring late in the 4th. Anyhow, I was glad to see MSU win that game.

I feel good about our 2014 Tigers!! Yes, I do!

With LSU being the only team that's beaten us 6 out of the last 7 years ...I kinda don't like that team either. But I see that being a nail bitter as well. Always is. Even 2012 was close for a while.

How about Auburn's remaining schedule? Toughest in the nation? I might say Toughest of all time:

Auburn's remaining schedule:

La. Tech,

#17 LSU

@#14Mississippi State

#13 South Carolina

@#10 Ole Miss

#6 Texas A&M

@#12 UGA

Samford

@ #3 Alabama.

Holy moly, that's a lot of top 20 teams. unreal.

Archived