My Kansas State Trip

watsontiger98

Just wanted to say that the K State fans were the most polite fans that I have met on a away game. Never had any belligerent fans. Were welcomed to town on numerous occasions. Restaurant and bar staff seemed to go out of their way to leave a favorable impression. We tailgated with friends, but were invited to other tailgates. Several KSU fans wanted to talk about the SEC and how cool it must be to play in big games every week. After the game we were congratulated on a hard fought game.One of the best away game trips I have been on. The Manhattan Police Department even tweeted Thursday night that they had stayed busy but had not had one incident of KSU and AU fans fighting. Glad I made the trip.

Kansas State Tailgate

View from Auburn Section

Kansas State Building

Auntie Mae's

Post Game

Night Shot of Kansas State

Auburn Offense at Kansas State

I also went to the game and my experience was very similar to yours. I was very impressed with the quality of the tailgating. I also really like that they allowed you to leave the game at halftime and return.

I had a similar experience. The Kansas State fans were very cool and their downtown area was awesome. Just an additional point I'd like to add is their campus was clean. When I say clean, I did not see a any trash, garbage, empty beer cans littering their campus. We Auburn should learn something from this because our campus gets trashed in certain areas every game and leaves a bad impression on our guests, alumni or friends who are dedicated to deposing of our trash in a accountable and proper way.

Also they had a term called EMAW...every man a wildcat.

Same here very nice people. Although I have to say the Texas A&M folks were the same at their place last year. Clemson also lets the crowd go out at halftime as well.

I didn't get to go the game but was in the stadium back in June. Just me and my wife. She made a pic of me at center of the field and under the goal post signaling "TD Auburn." Can do that Auburn.

Same here very nice people. Although I have to say the Texas A&M folks were the same at their place last year. Clemson also lets the crowd go out at halftime as well.

That's because it's their first years in, they are going out of their way to be nice and they thought they were going to maul us. A few years in and it will be more of a friendly competitive atmosphere. Not impressed by their campus though.

That's because it's their first years in, they are going out of their way to be nice and they thought they were going to maul us. A few years in and it will be more of a friendly competitive atmosphere. Not impressed by their campus though.

My sister has some great stories about aTm informing the patrons of Eskimo Joe's in Stillwater they needed to quiet down for midnight yell practice lol.

I was, or I at least felt like the lone Auburn fan anywhere around my seat in section 14, row 28. Every time KSU fans got quiet, my echoes were the only ones I heard as I cheered on the Tigers. I know there were fans in the sections to my left and right, but no where close.

I had a great experience with the fans as well. I was tailgating with some KSU friends of mine and had a drunk crowd come up giving me problems, but other KSU alumni shoo'ed them away and apologized to me for their actions.

All-in-all, great trip.

The one thing that got old but was kind of cool because the crowd participated every time, was the "Good for another Wildcat, FIRST DOWN! (insert cheesy wildcat roar here)"

I had one KSU fan in front of me, about as redneck as he could have been, turn around and say "When ya'll play Bama, ima root for them because ya'll suck!"

All I could respond with at the moment was a smile as I kindly told him that he would fit in nicely with the rest of the Bama faithful. Seeing the look on that guy's face everytime I shouted for Auburn was a great feeling, and even better when we came out with the W.

I'm reading that AU fans were chanting "S-E-C". Please tell me that they were at least a minority.

I didn't go and they did, so I suppose my opinion isn't terribly important in this matter, but that's still disappointing to hear (for many reasons).

I'm reading that AU fans were chanting "S-E-C". Please tell me that they were at least a minority.

I didn't go and they did, so I suppose my opinion isn't terribly important in this matter, but that's still disappointing to hear (for many reasons).

I didn't go, but I'm sure it happened. Some fans started chanting it in the 2nd quarter of the National Title Game last year near me. I was not pleased.

I didn't go, but I'm sure it happened. Some fans started chanting it in the 2nd quarter of the National Title Game last year near me. I was not pleased.

Wow.

I didn't hear any SEC chants after the game. That doesn't mean it didn't happen but it was not loud enough for me to hear from my middle end zone seat.

I too was a lone orange shirt in a sea of purple. When KSU fans got excited after a big play I thought for sure someone would turn to me and make a comment, but they never did. Most polite fans I've ever witnessed. It was a great experience, I just wish the two teams had played better.

I live in KC now, went to the game with a K-State fan, but sat close the band and other AU fans. Yes, I heard the S-E-C chant after the game. Didn't really get it, but whatever.

Archived