Please tell me why

AUWALT

In the last game Jeremy Johnson came into the game but lined up as a receiver and someone was in as the wildcat guy. Why put Johnson in the game for that, did they just need to discuss something with Nick.

I was thinking it was a way to sneak JJ into the game. For the first play he was a decoy but I think the second play he was supposed to be quarterback. Since JJ was already on the field they could snap the ball quick not allowing K state to substitute any players. Through the confusion it's hard to tell who was in the wrong spot, Bray or JJ. (I haven't reviewed my recording yet)

^^^ this "and it woulda worked too if it weren't for those meddling kids"... might have worked for a big gain, sneak jj on as a decoy, then slide over to QB for the second play, snap quick and throw a deep TD to Duke, Sammie or Bray.

I figured it was a way to get JJ into the game without having to substitute and thus allow the defense to adjust. They'll work on cleaning up the potential confusion. I also think ValleyTiger has a point, they could've just been looking for K State to do something and they didn't so we just went with what we thought would work.

Pretty sure that experiment cost us a TD. We were rolling right along just fine and driving. I chalk that up along with the other odd things that happened to both teams.

Just shows that fans should not be playing coach...put too many ideas in Gus's head

:Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing:

Also wondering if there was a Waffle House in Manhattan...keep forgetting to ask that!

Just shows that fans should not be playing coach...put too many ideas in Gus's head

Yep, that was the play that some many people were lobbying for last week.....better to stick to the tried and true.....there are probably limits to how much trickeration the players can absorb in their playbook.

:Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing: :Sing:

Also wondering if there was a Waffle House in Manhattan...keep forgetting to ask that!

Apparently not. http://www.wafflehouse.com/locator

Setting up the "Chris Todd throwback pass" in a future game?

Upon further thought Gus is setting up something... Flashing a 'Wildcat package' that has a real QB that is capable to moving behind center might worry some D coordinators...

"I like the idea of NM playing the first half, and when our opponents make all their adjustments, start JJ in the second half. Adjustments wasted."

I like the idea of NM playing the entire game. We are a different team with him in there. I think we would have scored on that drive but it also gives LSU and MS State something to think about.

Does anyone think it just was to get the look on tape so that future opponents would have something else to think about?

So we just need to watch and see if he uses this again and does anything with it.

Does anyone think it just was to get the look on tape so that future opponents would have something else to think about?

In a close road game like that, when we were driving for a TD, I don't think Gus would run a play just to get it on tape. I'm sure he thought it would work in that particular situation, but it didn't.

Pretty sure that experiment cost us a TD. We were rolling right along just fine and driving. I chalk that up along with the other odd things that happened to both teams.

No the two Wildcat plays didn't cost us a TD. They were on 1st & 2nd down and Nick came back in and converted the 3rd down. We just stalled out, unusual for this offense I know, but it does happen.

No, like I said, Gus was looking for a certain look from the defense. It was about to be a double pass, but defense aligned not to our liking so we ran it. Simple as that...we've seen that look before in previous seasons...

The way that game looked and how Lashley was calling the plays i think Jeremy Johnson would have done better in that game.We weren't really doing the up tempo run game and lining up doing the same plays sometimes. If the oc is gonna slow auburns offense down a little bit and throw alot more it needs to Jeremy playing.He wont get half of his passes batted down.If Nicks are man we need to play to his strengths and get back to "Auburn Fast" Also I kno Rhett is Gus's boy and all by if trying to help him out career wise comes at the expense of Auburn losing F that! Gus needs to take over calling the majority of the plays again for the rest of the season.

I have to respectfully disagree with some who have stated they believe Gus is setting up for future games by slipping JJ into the mix. My belief is that Gus is focused on trying to win the game he's playing, and not looking out beyond his "one game at a time" mantra. Do you really believe he'd be looking ahead to the next big SEC matchup when he's already got his hands full with KState on a Thursday night in Manhattan with his offense playing "like crap"? Please.

Some of you guys are friggin delusional.

Hey, It's fall and some of the smartest and most creative coaches in America are right here on the board sharing their ideas.....you just don't seem to understand.

Archived