I keep thinking about changing our personnel

SKIPPER_01

The KState gameplan on how to stop our rushing attack is going to be everyone's gameplan moving forward. I think we should move Nick Marshall to Cornerback and play Jeremy Johnson at QB.

Here's why.

1. Nick Marshall is probably our best db. Our secondary is already thin and weak and losing Whithead didnt help. There is already talk that Nick will play db in the nfl. We need someone to cover the top WRs in our league.

2. Robinson, Prosch, Mason graduated. We are a different team this year.

3. Our receivers can't get in sync with Marshall at qb. The drops are killing us. The passing game would be more efficient with Johnson. Also, too many batted down balls at the los. Johnson is the prototypical qb, and we've already burnt his redshirt so I say play him. Duke and Sammie need Johnson back there.

There are probably some other reasons. If Gus is known for working with the players he has, I think this switch would put our best 22 on the field.

Flame away.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know, I would like to see JJ at QB with NM as an RB or WR. If we did this at least 6-8 plays a game, this could be enough to really mess with any defense we will play the rest of the season. Knowing Gus, we will see correction next week with enough to mess with all opponent DCs.

Heck throw in more trick plays here and there. Is it me or it seems that Uzomah is being under utilized?

I love watching Jimmy Graham of the saints

You know, I would like to see JJ at QB with NM as an RB or WR. If we did this at least 6-8 plays a game, this could be enough to really mess with any defense we will play the rest of the season. Knowing Gus, we will see correction next week with enough to mess with all opponent DCs.

Heck throw in more trick plays here and there. Is it me or it seems that Uzomah is being under utilized?

Uzomah has been pretty quiet.

I'm surprised Ray wasn't targeted(at all?) Thursday.

As I watched the K-State game, I couldn't recall our WR's dropping pass when they were wideopen. Also, Nick was either over throwing them or under throwing our guys too much.

I don't think such a move would work. Johnson might be able to run the read option, but there's not way he's as dynamic at it as Marshall, so basically the defense would key on the running back and passing. Not to mention Marshall led us to within 13 seconds of the national championship. From what I saw in the game Thursday we didn't execute well on offense. I remember one play where Fulse couldn't decide which defender to block and ended up blocking neither, causing Grant to lose yardage. Coaches will look at that and tell him to just block someone and let Corey adapt instead of missing both blocks and giving Corey zero options.

I also heard someone talking yesterday about how not many teams will be as disciplined as K-State. Also don't forget they probably had this game circled. Conference games will be a bit different because teams won't be spending a few weeks game planning for us, but just the normal week. I am sure a lot of the frustration comes from not executing. We still won and the defense appears to be coming along. No need to do anything drastic.

As I watched the K-State game, I couldn't recall our WR's dropping pass when they were wideopen. Also, Nick was either over throwing them or under throwing our guys too much.

Here's some eyeglasses. ...watch again.

The proposal of benching Nick and starting JJ or making Nick change position conversations are really growing old. Really.

The KState gameplan on how to stop our rushing attack is going to be everyone's gameplan moving forward. I think we should move Nick Marshall to Cornerback and play Jeremy Johnson at QB.

Here's why.

1. Nick Marshall is probably our best db. Our secondary is already thin and weak and losing Whithead didnt help. There is already talk that Nick will play db in the nfl. We need someone to cover the top WRs in our league.

3. Our receivers can't get in sync with Marshall at qb. The drops are killing us. The passing game would be more efficient with Johnson. Also, too many batted down balls at the los. Johnson is the prototypical qb, and we've already burnt his redshirt so I say play him. Duke and Sammie need Johnson back there.

There are probably some other reasons. If Gus is known for working with the players he has, I think this switch would put our best 22 on the field.

Flame away.

565d1bb5a31603506581b479210c76275dc31432a08296d32673cce3eb7b8784.jpg

I am not a drinking man. This thread almost makes me wish I were... :-)

I feel bad for Nick Marshall. He finished 17-31 for 231 yard with 2 TDs and 1 pick, but very few if any of his passes were 'wildly inaccurate'. You could argue that without the batted down passes at the line and a few catches made deep (things Nick Marshall can't control), His stats could have very realistically ended up being around 21-31 for 4 TDs and 400 yards passing no picks. And then everyone would be on the Nick Marshall bandwagon, including ESPN

I feel bad for Nick Marshall. He finished 17-31 for 231 yard with 2 TDs and 1 pick, but very few if any of his passes were 'wildly inaccurate'. You could argue that without the batted down passes at the line and a few catches made deep (things Nick Marshall can't control), His stats could have very realistically ended up being around 21-31 for 4 TDs and 400 yards passing no picks. And then everyone would be on the Nick Marshall bandwagon, including ESPN

EXACTLY

Here's why.

Flame away.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Archived