BACON!

Texan4Auburn

I see nothing wrong with having menus that cater to local tastes...a smart manager would have simply explained that they don't get much demand for bacon and don't carry it at that location.

As for the employee; that sounded like hate speech to me... I'm sure the hate speech police on this site will obviously demand the employee be arrested and Erick Holder called in...

I see nothing wrong with having menus that cater to local tastes...a smart manager would have simply explained that they don't get much demand for bacon and don't carry it at that location.

As for the employee; that sounded like hate speech to me... I'm sure the hate speech police on this site will obviously demand the employee be arrested and Erick Holder called in...

The manager was actually trying to do that. In fact he said to the employee its OK, they did not know.

The employee is saying something about did you hear what they called me, and also says things about stop recording me. I won't excuse the employee's behavior, but I will say I would like to see the entire video that included the ordering process.

Part of me suspects this was set up from the start. The patrons knew the restaurant didn't serve bacon, they knew why, and they went in there looking for a response (why else have camera out and ready to go) and they got it.

The manager was actually trying to do that. In fact he said to the employee its OK, they did not know.

The employee is saying something about did you hear what they called me, and also says things about stop recording me. I won't excuse the employee's behavior, but I will say I would like to see the entire video that included the ordering process.

Part of me suspects this was set up from the start. The patrons knew the restaurant didn't serve bacon, they knew why, and they went in there looking for a response (why else have camera out and ready to go) and they got it.

The article said the irate employee was suspended. I don't know if that means the same as fired in Australia, but I certainly hope so. To be honest, I can't clearly understand what the employee is saying...sounds a little like "What did you call me?!" but I can't say for sure. IF the customer called him something disrespectful, that was of course wrong also. But it does not justify such a reaction from anyone who deals in customer service.

Of course, the article closes with the somewhat derisive implication that there is something wrong with two halal KFC franchises in Dearborn. As others have already said, there is nothing wrong with a business (local or international) catering to its customer demographics. Does Jason DeWitt, the author, have a problem with Jewish deli's that don't serve ham? Would he freak out if airlines started offering halal meals along with their current offering of kosher meals? (Perhaps they do, I don't know.) One of my favorite cuisines in Indian food, but I don't think the fact that beef is rarely found on their menus is an affront to me or means Hinduism is about to take over the country and outlaw steak houses. Having tried both, I'm not particularly fond of octopus or squid...perhaps I should complain that restaurants serving calimari are ruining the country as I believe it should be.

Hadn't considered the "set up" angle. You raise an interesting point. Without more info of course, it's impossible to tell, so I won't jump to any conclusions either way. It would also be worthwhile to know how well the restaurant's halal standards are advertised outside, before customers enter.

The article said the irate employee was suspended. I don't know if that means the same as fired in Australia, but I certainly hope so. To be honest, I can't clearly understand what the employee is saying...sounds a little like "What did you call me?!" but I can't say for sure. IF the customer called him something disrespectful, that was of course wrong also. But it does not justify such a reaction from anyone who deals in customer service.

Of course, the article closes with the somewhat derisive implication that there is something wrong with two halal KFC franchises in Dearborn. As others have already said, there is nothing wrong with a business (local or international) catering to its customer demographics. Does Jason DeWitt, the author, have a problem with Jewish deli's that don't serve ham? Would he freak out if airlines started offering halal meals along with their current offering of kosher meals? (Perhaps they do, I don't know.) One of my favorite cuisines in Indian food, but I don't think the fact that beef is rarely found on their menus is an affront to me or means Hinduism is about to take over the country and outlaw steak houses. Having tried both, I'm not particularly fond of octopus or squid...perhaps I should complain that restaurants serving calimari are ruining the country as I believe it should be.

Hadn't considered the "set up" angle. You raise an interesting point. Without more info of course, it's impossible to tell, so I won't jump to any conclusions either way. It would also be worthwhile to know how well the restaurant's halal standards are advertised outside, before customers enter.

Well, in the video there is a big sign right behind the managers head about halal.

I agree you can't say its a set up, I just suspect it in this case. As I said I would like to see the video that has the entire ordering process.

I'm really curious if this is a guy that flipped due to his religion (since this is what the video is painting it as), or if he is just a young hothead that got ticked off and lost it cause of a customers smart ass comments.

Which makes it all the more idiotic that the restaurant employee played right into their hand. Regardless what the customer called the employee, he's risking his job by responding the way he did. His rage seems to characterize how they respond to everything that is inconsistent with Sharia Law

Why are they idiots? For letting a franchise base its menu off of its religious beliefs in a neighborhood that is dominated by that religion. :big:/>

nothing wrong with doing that at all.

nope sure isn't "Said the Rabbi"

I'm really curious if this is a guy that flipped due to his religion (since this is what the video is painting it as), or if he is just a young hothead that got ticked off and lost it cause of a customers smart ass comments.

^^Exactly. The video is not clear enough to determine the source of his rage, so no one should jump to conclusions based on religious or racial stereotypes!

Could be either of the two reasons that you mention, or simply that his girlfriend pissed him off that morning, he had a fight with his father, the manager just told him he had to work shift he didn't like, jock itch has him on edge, or any of a multitude of reasons, and he was just time bomb waiting for someone--anyone--to take it out on.

Our President has eaten dog , and no one gives 2 flips. I think it's funny as hell that this guy went nutz. He thinks he's in Saudi Arabia ? Guess what pal, it's Australia.

Now we see why the recent plot to behead civilians was so legit. Look for more of this to take place, as more and more parts of the world submit to Sharia Law.

Why are they idiots? For letting a franchise base its menu off of its religious beliefs in a neighborhood that is dominated by that religion. :big:/>

Anyone ever seen a Jew react like that, concerning bacon ? I never have.

Leviticus 11:7-8 ESV

And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.

OLD testament. So thankful our Lord brought about the New Testament :-)

I guess his point is what it says in the Old Testament about "pigs." Never mind that it doesn't refute what you said.

Thanks for clarifying...I sure couldn't tell.

It is a curious thing how the liberal among us keep referring to the old testament when making their arguments about Islam or more properly trying to separate groups like ISIS from Islam.

It is a curious thing how the liberal among us keep referring to the old testament when making their arguments about Islam or more properly trying to separate groups like ISIS from Islam.

They have to come up with something to minimize Islamic savagery that they claim is not islamic

Nope

They flip over more important stuff like a person playing the trumpet:

Oh, language on this btw.

Also I am posting this after midnight because I interned from 7am - 5pm. Then ate dinner, then worked out from 7pm-9pm, then went to the Auburn library till 11:30pm. I know how the moderators of this board are good with personnel attacks and judgements if one dares post after midnight. I hope the administrators will continue to allow me to post after breaking the new AUFamily.com "Gremlin" law.

Hope you didn't shower or eat after midnight ...

Archived