UA Death Threat

WFE12

The Crimson Whale- University of Alabama police responded to rumors of armed gunmen at Tutwiler Hall Sunday after an anonymous threat was posted online. No gunmen or weapons were found after police conducted a search of the building.

Police established a perimeter around Tutwiler following the threat and did not allow students in or out until the search was completed. Police also patrolled sidewalks along Magnolia Drive, telling sorority members to stay inside their houses.

"There's a lot going on out here right now," said an unidentified UAPD officer.

Following the search, University Spokesperson Shane Dorrill said the situation was under control and students were allowed back into Tutwiler.

"UAPD responded to reports of individuals with firearms at Tutwiler," Dorrill said, quoting from a prepared statement. "Officers thoroughly searched the building and no weapons or unauthorized persons were found. The information that was provided to UAPD and other law enforcement agencies was based on rumors and social media posts and not actual witness accounts. UAPD will continue to investigate the situation to determine where the posts originated."The anonymous threat was posted as a comment on a YouTube video by "Authur Pendragon." Arthur Pendragon is another name for legendary British monarch King Arthur. The full comment follows.

"Ladies and gentleman. The day of retribution is getting nearer and nearer. Do not be found wanting. I have seen minorities suffer at the hands of those who think they are superior. This is my first message and I shall not say much. Take this the way you want; as a threat or whatever. All I know is that it will be a day when all that look at minorities with disgust shall remember. After this day, you shall appreciate every minority who walks on that campus. Friday the 20th of September was Miss Sorority Row. My mercy kept all of you alive because it was not yet the day of retribution. Do you want to know how it feels having a TAR-21 passing right through your flesh. I'll be watching all frat parties and monitoring all of your events. The day is near. Be vigilant."

No doubt we hope that's just a prank, but even at that there's no room for not taking every threat seriously nowadays. One of those, "It doesn't happen here."m kind of things but now it happens everywhere.

Wietd. The ramblings of a very sick and twisted individual. I pray this person is NOT planning to carry out his sick thoughts...

Insane Idiot, hopefully the FBI quickly tracks down the nut case and makes an arrest.

Whoever wrote or said that doesn't even seem to know what they are threatening even works.

Archived