Speculated coaching changes at end of year

eagle76

I know that it is very early in season but I see some interesting scenarios. Mullen to uf if Muschamp fails again. This will turn the msu nation on its head. Miles to Michigan if/when Hoke is fired. Lsu nation split on whether this is good or bad. Smart to uga when the ga nation finally gets fed up with not winning the big one. Morris to usce when Spurrier just gets tired of coaching in these "embarrassing" games. Could be more but this is just fun speculation that would shake up the sec.

We're just having fun, right? So yeah, you didn't even mention Sumlin to the Cowboys and Freeze to somewhere-bigger-than-Ole-Miss :)

Seriously, though... after such a tame '13-'14 offseason, the coming one might be quite a bit sillier.

The only ones of these I see as likely are Muschamp being canned at UF and Mullen taking his place. Unless Richt has a losing season this year, he's not going anywhere. Les Miles won't go to Michigan. He's settled in at LSU and won't wanna start over. And Spurrier will only leave USCe if he retires, which I don't foresee happening.

Troy is failing badly, which could end the larry Blakeney era there - any chance they come after Rhett Lashlee?

Troy is failing badly, which could end the larry Blakeney era there - any chance they come after Rhett Lashlee?

I'm sure a lot of similarly-sized schools will come after Rhett, but I see him waiting for something a little higher up the food chain. I hope he does, anyway.

I agree that Richt isn't going anywhere this season. I only see 2 more lose-able games in on their regular season schedule, and one of those is Arky o_O

The only ones of these I see as likely are Muschamp being canned at UF and Mullen taking his place. Unless Richt has a losing season this year, he's not going anywhere. Les Miles won't go to Michigan. He's settled in at LSU and won't wanna start over. And Spurrier will only leave USCe if he retires, which I don't foresee happening.

Richt does not have the full support of his admin or high $ alumni. He is the longest tenured coach in the SEC (not counting Pinkel since only in league for 3 years) but how many sec championships does he have to show for it. Maybe not this year but the natives are getting restless. I think that UM is about the only job the Miles would consider - it was speculated that he would take the job if it was offered a few years back and Hoke may not last the season. Spurrier is getting frustrated with this team and he may decide that he will retire. One I forgot but was mentioned earlier is Sumlin may be on the wish list of the Cowboys at some time in the near future. Like I said - it's all good but somewhat reasonable speculation.

If Spurrier wins an SEC championship in the next 5 years, I think he retires. He may retire after another 5 anyway. Watching the SEC Storied episode on him, I got the sense that he's getting tired but wants to go out on top.

Barring a remarkable turnaround in the rest of the season, Muschamp and Hoke will be fired.

Mullen to UF, Harbaugh to Michigan, Kiffin to the 49ers, Cam Cameron to MSU, Boom sittin at the house.

I just dont see Harbaugh jumping ship in SF at this time.

Mullen to UF, Harbaugh to Michigan, Kiffin to the 49ers, Cam Cameron to MSU, Boom sittin at the house.

I just dont see Harbaugh jumping ship in SF at this time.

it may not be his decision. He is not on the best terms with management. He will stay in the NFL regardless I believe.

What about the possibility of Kirby Smart to either UF or Michigan? Those are 2 high-profile programs that might interest him.

I think Kirby has his eye on the UGA job. Whether they would hire him is another story. He needs to go to a school like Troy or some school like that and learn how to be a head coach.

I was listening to the radio today while out and about and I normally call BS on most of what is said. However, on Southern Sports Tonight, Scott McKinney was talking about the Florida job and he has some pretty good connections across the south east since he was part of the athletic dept at Ole Miss for quite a while. Anyway, he said his source (who he said is rarely wrong) said that without a significant turn around Muschamp would be out at Florida. Well, that's not exactly earth shattering news. We all know that to likely be the case. What shocked me is who he said his source indicated was at the top of the list should Muschamp be shown the door. That person: Rick Neuheisel. IF Florida hired Rick Neuheisel as head football coach, everybody in the SEC would hold a massive celebration. Neuheisel is an average coach and would put Florida on probation within 3-5 years. It would be an epic meltdown and so much fun to watch. I absolutely hope this happens.

I was listening to the radio today while out and about and I normally call BS on most of what is said. However, on Southern Sports Tonight, Scott McKinney was talking about the Florida job and he has some pretty good connections across the south east since he was part of the athletic dept at Ole Miss for quite a while. Anyway, he said his source (who he said is rarely wrong) said that without a significant turn around Muschamp would be out at Florida. Well, that's not exactly earth shattering news. We all know that to likely be the case. What shocked me is who he said his source indicated was at the top of the list should Muschamp be shown the door. That person: Rick Neuheisel. IF Florida hired Rick Neuheisel as head football coach, everybody in the SEC would hold a massive celebration. Neuheisel is an average coach and would put Florida on probation within 3-5 years. It would be an epic meltdown and so much fun to watch. I absolutely hope this happens.

Very interesting. I heard a Florida fan ask Neuheisel on Sirius-XM this morning about whether he would be interested in the UF job. Because of the way the question was phrased (as a hypothetical that exactly mirrored the situation at Fla), Neuheisel was able to turn it into a joke and give a non-answer. I didn't take it seriously, but sounds like maybe i should have.

What is funny is watching all the guys on talk radio and TV shilling for their unemployed buddies whenever a coaching job comes up. I almost choked several years ago when one of the ESPN talking heads was seriously promoting Lou H for one of the vacant coaching slots....and even then, Lou could barely hold his thoughts together for more than a couple minutes.

I do think Will is all but gone. Normally I push for coaches to have reasonable time to turn things around but there has been no progress at UF and games like the Bama fiasco have probably got the PTB at UF burning up the phone lines to figure out how to make the change.

I just can't see anyone other than Mullen at the top of the list. With MSU playing well, it could be perfect timing for ole Danny boy. A hefty raise in pay and stature for sure.

I don't think Les goes back to Michigan...they are really down and too much of a rebuilding job...not to mention the conference is really down...probably an easier road to the cf playoffs though

Well, they say the grass is always tastier on the other side.

Archived