Auburn opens a 8.5-point favorite vs. LSU

RunInRed

That is crazy high. Auburn hasn't beaten LSU by that much since 2002. Do we have an offense that can even score 10 points on their defense? Gus against LSU has had the following: 10, 24, 10, 21. The way our offense has looked, wouldn't be surprised if it is another 10 point ball game to stick with the trend.

That is crazy high. Auburn hasn't beaten LSU by that much since 2002. Do we have an offense that can even score 10 points on their defense? Gus against LSU has had the following: 10, 24, 10, 21. The way our offense has looked, wouldn't be surprised if it is another 10 point ball game to stick with the trend.

The two years we scored only 10 were seasons in which we won 7 regular season games and had nowhere near the talent that we do now...

The two years we scored only 10 were seasons in which we won 7 regular season games and had nowhere near the talent that we do now...

Good point, and they were also probably against better LSU defenses than the one will will see this week. Hopefully Marshall can present some of the same challenges for them that Prescott did.

I'm not surprised at this number. Of the two teams with a pulse LSU has played, the first had them on the ropes until they went away from run. The second team, that just happens to have a dual threat quarterback, beat LSU soundly. LSU may be starting a freshman at qb. The starter is bad. And the game is at our place. Auburn will cover 8.5 going away

their defense isnt near what it was,they will be playing 23 redshirt or true freshman on both sides of ball. Their best DT was lost before year started.They have a very good o line but the struggled against their two ranked opp. if Melvin Gordon doesnt get hurt LSU has two losses right now. Brandon Harris worries me,Jennings was bad.They got athletic recievers will be put up or shut up for the secondary. We have to run,they have a strong back 7. Their d line a work in progress.

Guest jojo1515

I'd take the points

Okay, but shouldn't you pick a side of the points? As in AU and the points or LSU and the points? Unless you are predicting we win by exactly 8.5 which seems a little unlikely...

I'd take the points

Okay, but shouldn't you pick a side of the points? As in AU and the points or LSU and the points? Unless you are predicting we win by exactly 8.5 which seems a little unlikely...

"The points" is an expression that generally implies you are picking the un-favored team to keep it within the spread or win. He is taking LSU+8.5.

What do the gamblers know that we don't know?

Not much, except how to take peoples money, that's really all the line does is push money around.

Higher than I would've expected, but not unthinkable.

I think our largest problem so far is consistency. We have one of if not the most talented full teams in the SEC if not the nation. Sure other teams have their stars, Winstin, Gurley, etc, but Auburn has a full team of excellent talent. However, I don't think we've had a game where all of that talent is really firing on all cylinders. If we can get to that level, we'll be unstoppable, and 8.5 will seem low.

Can't say we aren't getting respect. Wow!

This - Considering MissSt only won by 5, I think this is some respect to be an 8.5 favorite over them

I think we will see our best played game of the season on both sides of the ball. We will send them back to B&R with their tails between their legs. I feel good about this game. Gus will have us ready to play with an attitude that will result in a sound defeat of Lsu. I do not like Lsu whatsoever. They have the worst fans in all of college football no doubt. We need to show them how the best fans in the SEC handle themselves with class.

This is probably the second biggest regular season game of the year for me- at least this year. We've beaten the Corndogs once since 2006. That bothers me. I hope we really put a thumping on them.

The first road game for a freshman QB will likely cause them some problems. If we can limit their big plays to WRs then I think our D will stuff their running game.

The first road game for a freshman QB will likely cause them some problems. If we can limit their big plays to WRs then I think our D will stuff their running game.

This could go either way. I wish Jennings hadn't made such a mess of things against NMSU and was the clear starter against us. LSU still has tremendous talent at RB, I'm confident Johnson remembers how they tore off huge chunks of yardage against the middle of our D last year. I'm guessing we're going to find out how stout Tre Williams is.

Auburn favored over LSU by 8+ and bama over Ole Miss by 4....who would have believed that? Seems it might have been reversed.

Archived