Help!

tomtomwde

Does anyone have any advice or personal experiences with buying a home for a first time?

I am working on selling my trailer to use it to get a house but am really nervous.

• 2 weeks later...

Try to get a good agent to help...... ask friends for referrals of agents. Also don't fall in love with any house do your research check the schools ratings, property taxes housing insurance, HOA fees on and on. Wife and I have purchased 13 homes in our 25 years of marriage.

Best of luck

• 3 weeks later...

At 42 my wife and I purchased our first home last year. I can't believe I am saying this, but I agree with Golf. You have do do your research and don't jump on the first house you look at. When you find a home you (love) look at a few more houses before you buy. Give it time to sink in and make sure it is the right house. Check out how long it has been on the market, the neighborhood and don't be afraid to talk to the people who could be your neighbors. It is a scary but great experience. Good luck and War Eagle.

P.S. Find a good agent to represent yall. That can make all the difference in the world.

At 42 my wife and I purchased our first home last year. I can't believe I am saying this, but I agree with Golf. You have do do your research and don't jump on the first house you look at. When you find a home you (love) look at a few more houses before you buy. Give it time to sink in and make sure it is the right house. Check out how long it has been on the market, the neighborhood and don't be afraid to talk to the people who could be your neighbors. It is a scary but great experience. Good luck and War Eagle.

P.S. Find a good agent to represent yall. That can make all the difference in the world.

Well that makes me just so wonderful Wayne my life is complete now.....................I WILL be keeping an eye on you from now on...........of course I'm j/k

Does anyone have any advice or personal experiences with buying a home for a first time?

I am working on selling my trailer to use it to get a house but am really nervous.

As others have said, a good experience real estate agent will make the process much much better. A good agent makes sure everything is in order so the deal works and you are ok.

Also make sure who get a professional home inspection done. Your agent can recommend people. The inspector can check things and warn you of problems that the seller can be asked to fix or get the price reduced. I would also do my own personal check too to see if you detect a problem, if you don't feel good about doing that ask a friend or family member to look at the house. So having a professional inspection and you own check, you should have a good idea of the state of the house. Good luck!

Archived