Week 6 (Auburn vs. LSU) - Les Miles Presser

RunInRed

LSU HC Les Miles

Les Miles on frosh QB Brandon Harris: "Stands to reason he'll get first snaps."

Les Miles confirms freshman Brandon Harris is starting at quarterback against Auburn.

On frosh Brandon Harris on road: "We will always kinda view the game and see how that's going." Potential for Anthony Jennings to go in.

Les Miles on Auburn: "They have all of the attributes of a very quality, top-10, top-5 opponent."

Les Miles says "gifted handoff" and talks Auburn O: "They throw the ball in a position to keep you spread and off the formation."

@bmarcello

LSU's Les Miles: "We have to play like LSI's defense. Coach Chavis and that group of young men is dojing that."

LSU's Les Miles: On being an underdog "I've never embraced that role. We'll enjoy playing as LSU.'

LSU's Les Miles: Auburn runs something called a gifted handoff, Les says. Awesome.

#LSU's Les Miles: "I think our young giys will look to play big and like Tigers on the road.'

@RandyRosetta

Miles on Harris' performance: He did the things we asked him to do, and that’s all he needs to do - make quality decisions with the ball

@LSUfball

Miles said Connor Neighbors (concussion) will practice today. CB Dwayne Thomas being examined now.

@ESPNChing

Les Miles on AU WRs: "A really quality group of receivers," notes Duke Willams, who originally committed to LSU before signing with Auburn.

Pretty sure Les Miles just compared the "hostile" environment at 87,000-seat Jordan-Hare Stadium to a baseball diamond in southern Ohio.

Gotta say, kinda surprised there wasn't a single question about local Louisiana product & Auburn WR D'haquille Williams for Les Miles today.

@AUBlog

LSU will leave at 2 p.m. for Auburn. Staying in Montgomery.

@DellegerAdv

What in the world is a gifted handoff?

That's a new one on me.... I even searched in google for - football "gifted handoff" and the only hit was this thread

Harris getting the start

Hey CLSUB,

Can you explain a 'gifted handoff' for us please sir?

Unfortunately I can't. I usually am pretty fluid in Lesisms, but this one escapes me.

If I had to take a guess he is referring to the amount of misdirection and fake handoffs that keep defenders occupied.

I haven't seen LSU play much this year, but I believe I saw that CB Dwayne Thomas was out for the year now. How much of an impact will that have?

Gotta be an insane man's short-hand for "zone read", right?

He's not all that insane, he's been beating us like a drum for several years now.

He's not all that insane, he's been beating us like a drum for several years now.

Yes, he's the proverbial crazy like a fox, I think. As goofy as the guy seems, he has had a ton of success against AU. NOTE: AU and LSU didn't start playing each other annually until 1992. However, since Pat Dye was hired, from 1981 - 2006, AU led the series 11-7 and LSU is 6-1 since (and Miles is 7-2 overall against our Tigers in blue). I, for one, give Les Miles his due (even with the questionable late game decisions). Plus, he's one of the few coaches who I love to see interviewed.

Yes, he's the proverbial crazy like a fox, I think. As goofy as the guy seems, he has had a ton of success against AU. NOTE: AU and LSU didn't start playing each other annually until 1992. However, since Pat Dye was hired, from 1981 - 2006, AU led the series 11-7 and LSU is 6-1 since (and Miles is 7-2 overall against our Tigers in blue). I, for one, give Les Miles his due (even with the questionable late game decisions). Plus, he's one of the few coaches who I love to see interviewed.

Miles is one of those coaches that frustrate us Auburn fans, because he seems to have our number, but can't beat the turds if they spotted him 30 points. He always seems to find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory when playing those gumps.

I often times wonder if Les sits down with a dictionary and just picks out random words from the Webster's to use in his pressers. He never makes any sense to others, I wonder if it makes sense in his head?

Harris getting the start

Hey CLSUB,

Unfortunately I can't. I usually am pretty fluid in Lesisms, but this one escapes me.

If I had to take a guess he is referring to the amount of misdirection and fake handoffs that keep defenders occupied.

That is a damn strong post. If you can commit to bringing that style of insight to your posts, and if you can commit to demonstrating that type of wit on the perimeter, then you will enjoy quality success on the field of this message board.

Mikey, in a sport built around the idea of running as fast as you can to throw your body into another person's body, insanity can be a major plus.

You have to defend both the QB and the RB on the option. So if the defense goes for the QB without accounting for the RB, the defense just "gifted the handoff" to the RB.

You have to defend both the QB and the RB on the option. So if the defense goes for the QB without accounting for the RB, the defense just "gifted the handoff" to the RB.

"Check out the big brain on Brad!"

"Check out the big brain on Brad!"

Alex, I'll take "Les Miles says for $500" please.

Probably Les had just come from church where his preacher mentioned about God "gifting" him with the ability to teach or something... ....and he figures in this case the RB was "gifted" with the football ...kinda the same thing perhaps...but guess that might be better than saying he was "blessed" with the football....but hey....it's Les...who knows why he said what he said?

Harris getting the start

Hey CLSUB,

That is a damn strong post. If you can commit to bringing that style of insight to your posts, and if you can commit to demonstrating that type of wit on the perimeter, then you will enjoy quality success on the field of this message board.

I see what you did there.

I wish we still played the gifted handoff offense from last season. I really enjoyed running the ball at will.

This season, at least so far, we've got to do something different.

Of course, LSU may help us out again. Their run defense has not been up to their usual standards, while their pass defense is awesome. So, perhaps Les is right to fear the gifted handoff. One can only hope!

Archived