Bruce Pearl and LeBron

AUjcsbija

http://247sports.com...actice-31618839

Bruce Pearl observes Cleveland Cavaliers practice

20 hours ago

Auburn Tigers head coach Bruce Pearl is one of the collegiate head coaches observing Cleveland Cavaliers practice today according to multiple media reports.

While it is uncertain whether there is a direct connection between Pearl and Cavaliers new head coach David Blatt, it seems as though having the opportunity to watch the new head coach in Cleveland at work will be a beneficial one for Pearl and the other coaches in attendance.

Blatt's track record of success speaks for itself as he's won 17 championships in a number of different leagues and tournaments during his 21-year coaching career. A product of former Princeton Tigers head coach Pete Carril, Blatt's offense has been called "borderline genius" by his current team as they are now fully into training camp.

______

I don't see how Pearl being at Cavs practice can be anything but a good thing. Also, this connection with Blat seems to be a good one, at least offensively for our squad.

He served as the head coach for the Maccabi USA basketball team in the 2009 World Maccabiah Games. He may have met Blatt at that time. I agree that it is nothing but good PR for AU and CBP

The only bad thing about the basketball program might be the size of the Arena built a couple of years ago, who would have thought!!!

Actually I think they wanted it to be that size so they could get the feel of fans being on top of you. Could be wrong

The only bad thing about the basketball program might be the size of the Arena built a couple of years ago, who would have thought!!!

Actually I think they wanted it to be that size so they could get the feel of fans being on top of you. Could be wrong

You are correct. It was patterned after Duke's arena.

You are correct. It was patterned after Duke's arena.

Would be odd to design a building after one built in 1940's. I know they built it that size so that it would appear to have more people in attendance for games and not a ghost town, not sure the attempt was to to put fans on top of you but more so to have the appearance of more fans

I'm sure right around our second National Championship, we will build a bigger one to help with ticket demands. ;)

The furthest seat in Auburn Arena is just 43 feet away from the court. A full two-thirds of the seats in the facility are less than 27 feet in elevation from courtside. Auburn students have their own entrance, lobby and concessions area at the Arena to service 1,500 floor-level seats.

It really doesn't matter when the arena is full it will be one loud place to play

The furthest seat in Auburn Arena is just 43 feet away from the court. A full two-thirds of the seats in the facility are less than 27 feet in elevation from courtside. Auburn students have their own entrance, lobby and concessions area at the Arena to service 1,500 floor-level seats.

It really doesn't matter when the arena is full it will be one loud place to play

That's just freaking cool.

• 2 weeks later...

That's just freaking cool.

I like the size of the arena. It is not a huge impersonal place. Once Coach Pearl gets things moving in the right direction, it will b soooo cool to see AU fans rocking basketball games.

My son and I have the "cheapest" price seats you can buy. We are in the front row, upper deck in a corner. We love those seats and have never felt like they are the cheap seats. I once gave my tickets away for a game, and the lady that used them came back raving about what awesome seats they are. There have been times, even during the Barbee years where we left out of there deaf after a game (a huge comeback against Mississippi State a few yeasr ago comes to mind.) Gonna be rockin' this year. Can't wait!!!!

Archived