Battle of the Tigers

StatTiger

Seven of the last 10 meetings between LSU and Auburn have been decided by 7-points or less. This could be a major factor, when you consider Auburn is 17-4 in games decided by 7-points or less with Gus Malzahn calling the offense. Auburn is 6-1 with Gus as the head coach.

A good early start is vital for the home Tigers. With Gus Malzahn directing the Auburn offense, the Tigers are 38-8, when scoring at least 7-points during the first quarter and 5-4, when held to 3-points or less. During the last 9 meetings against LSU and Les Miles, Auburn has scored a grand total of 24 first-quarter points. LSU has scored 62.

Since 1981, Auburn is 6-2 against LSU, when the Bengal-Tigers are held scoreless during the first quarter. LSU is 10-3, when scoring at least 7-points against Auburn in the first-quarter.

During the last 25 meetings between the two schools, the team with the most rushing yardage is 18-7. During that same time span, Auburn is 8-0 vs. LSU, when they have at least 10 more rush attempts than LSU.

During the last 10 meetings vs. LSU, Auburn has struggled throwing the football on third-down. Auburn has completed only 43% of their 3rd down passes for an average of 5.61 yards per attempt. This has resulted in an efficiency rating of 93.4.

Auburn's average pass rating on 3rd down during that time period was 130.3.

Auburn's record over the past 10 seasons with a pass-rating of 130 or better on third-down is 52-6 and 44-31, when falling below 130.

Auburn 27

LSU 23

I hope this is the game we play lights out in all 3 phases of the game...i mean defense and special teams have been good...i just need the offense to crank it up a few notches...and capitalize on those big plays

Archived