Another Climate Thread: Why Don’t More People Care About Global Warming?

AFTiger

Furthermore, most people understand that fossil fuels have been necessary for the prosperity that we all enjoy (at least those under political systems allowing people to benefit from their labors). Energy which currently is dominated by fossil fuels, and will be for decades to come.

Speaking of which, how’s this for a hockey stick?:

CO2-vs-prosperity-2000-yrs1.png

Modern prosperity, as evidenced by increased lifespans, has depended upon access to abundant, low-cost energy — fossil fuels.

I think getting an extra 40 years of life in exchange for 1 to 2 deg. of warming is a pretty good deal. Might even be a win-win.

More: http://www.drroyspencer.com/

Few people care because it is a hoax. Next?

I believe people are beginning to clearly see the demmy playbook. Obviously, they have to demagogue or they have absolutely nothing to talk about. Their favorite demagoguery revolves around "the war" on women. AGW and racism. Whatelse they gonna talk about...the"recovering" economy, "improving" foreign relations, the successes of Obama Care, Al-Qaeda being on the "run", dissolving America's borders? The people in power are either wittingly or unwittingly destroying American from within and not only does the electorate NOT like what they're seeing, they're going to speak loudly in Nov to make sure there is no doubt about that.

Its pretty sad that their best defense is gross incompetence.

Furthermore, most people understand that fossil fuels have been necessary for the prosperity that we all enjoy (at least those under political systems allowing people to benefit from their labors). Energy which currently is dominated by fossil fuels, and will be for decades to come.

Modern prosperity, as evidenced by increased lifespans, has depended upon access to abundant, low-cost energy — fossil fuels.

I think getting an extra 40 years of life in exchange for 1 to 2 deg. of warming is a pretty good deal. Might even be a win-win.

This is the dumbest argument I have seen. Seriously, whether you believe it is a hoax or not, anyone who doesn't immediately recognize how stupid this presentation is, is simply hopeless.

Did you read the rest of the article?

ICHY likes to fancy himself as the resident genius on ALL topics...thus, he dont have to read no article to call you stupid...got it?

Not only that but the CO2 is great for plants which benefits us in many ways. I wish I could remember where i saw it but there was a table showing how much plant growth has increased since all this Global warming started. Getting rid of fossil fuels, which is the biggest talking point of the Global Warming crowd, would condemn untold numbers of people into perpetual poverty. We can't use Nuclear either so that leaves us all this "green energy" that cannot supply the energy needs of one nation let alone the world. Fossil fuels may be replaced in time but the free market will take care of it, not the bureaucrats at the UN or anywhere else. The fact that so many people are not that concerned about it drives these people insane. Despite some 30 years of dire predictions that haven't come anywhere close to coming to pass, people still continue to chug along so to speak.

http://news.heartland.org/newspaper-article/2014/09/19/global-warming-boosts-tree-growth-new-study-reports

Trees are growing at an accelerated rate due toglobal warming, scientists conclude in a new peer-reviewed study. The study documents faster tree growth in recent decades and concludes longer growing seasons and rising atmospheric carbon dioxide levels are stimulating the benefits.

A team of European forestry scientists analyzed growth rates of Norway spruce and European beech trees – the dominant tree species in Central Europe – since 1870. The scientists discovered both species are growing substantially faster since 1960 than in the decades before 1960. Norway spruce trees are growing a healthy 32 percent faster since 1960, while European beech trees are growing an astounding 77 percent faster since 1970. Boosted by this accelerated growth, the volume of Norway spruce stands is increasing 10 percent faster than prior to 1960, while the volume of European beech stands is increasing 30 percent faster than prior to 1960

Archived