REC at work again

WarEagle84

Raise your hand if you see REC fingerprints all over this.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--mississippi-under-investigation-for-rules-violations-in-multiple-sports-075017671-ncaaf.html

Multiple sources told Yahoo Sports the Mississippi football and women’s basketball programs are subjects of the investigation. One source with knowledge of the probe said the bulk of the potential violations relate to women’s basketball. The source said the current football staff of head coach Hugh Freeze is not believed to be implicated in any major violations, and that much of the football inquiry dates back to actions by a previous Ole Miss staff.

And yet this becomes public 2 days before Bama plays Ole Miss?

Their MO never changes. Can't compete on a level playing field so......Spread the $$$

Someone needs to tell Pat Forde that this is not news. It's pretty common knowledge that OM was under investigation for a while, this news came out a year or two ago.

Dumbarse Forde knows that the state of Mississippi is getting a lot of attention this week so he thinks that throwing out this old nugget will get him a few hits.

Honestly, after the trash Forde threw at AU/Cam a few years ago I can't believe folks still give that schmuck the time of day to read his articles.

Sources: Mississippi under investigation for rules violations in multiple sports

01-expert-feat-posts-70x70-png_000447.png

By Pat Forde

OXFORD, Miss. – The University of Mississippi athletic program is under investigation by the NCAA for potential rules violations in multiple sports.

Athletic director Ross Bjork confirmed to Yahoo Sports on Wednesday that Ole Miss “is working with the NCAA” in an ongoing investigation. Bjork said the school has not received a Notice of Allegations from the NCAA, nor does it have a date set for a hearing before the NCAA Committee on Infractions. He declined further comment.

Multiple sources told Yahoo Sports the Mississippi football and women’s basketball programs are subjects of the investigation. One source with knowledge of the probe said the bulk of the potential violations relate to women’s basketball. The source said the current football staff of head coach Hugh Freeze is not believed to be implicated in any major violations, and that much of the football inquiry dates back to actions by a previous Ole Miss staff. Freeze is in his third year at the school. The source said there have been no new allegations, all NCAA interviews have completed and the school is waiting for the NCAA Department of Enforcement's next step.

Bjork fired women’s basketball coach Adrian Wiggins and two of his assistants in October 2012 after alleged wrongdoing came to light. The football investigation also has been ongoing for more than a year, multiple sources said.

http://sports.yahoo....7671-ncaaf.html

Pat Forde is one of the reasons I grew to be so disgusted with ESPN. During the 2010 run, he was one of the key bangers of the drum, on a daily basis, that Cam Newton and Auburn were guilty. I have no respect for Pat Forde and whether what he reports is true or not, I always have to wonder about his agenda and take it with a grain of salt.

At least Forde does report on Felony State and infamous jameis.

Also I did not know that the interim president at Felony State is a female. She did what no guy would do, force Fisher to bench JW for a full game.

http://sports.yahoo....0654-ncaaf.html

Frankly, I’m surprised Florida State acted at all with Clemson coming to town. It runs counter to what we’ve come to expect.

The FSU athletic department has been has been hyper-protective of Winston since the news broke last fall that he was under investigation for alleged sexual assault of a female student. They didn’t keep him from the media, but every news conference became a dance of denial – if reporters tried to ask a non-football question, they were quickly shot down. Even questions about the investigation to coach Jimbo Fisher were off-limits.

That was the case again Wednesday in Tallahassee, when Winston made an apology for the obscene shouting Tuesday that led to his half-game suspension. According to reports, three questions about the episode were shot down, the last query ending the news conference after nine minutes.

Of course, the timorous Florida State local media censored itself Tuesday by failing to even ask Fisher about an event that was significant enough to warrant a suspension the next day. With reporters like that on the beat, it’s been relatively easy to keep the cocoon secure around the franchise quarterback.

The fact that interim Florida State president Garnett Stokes has her name on the university release announcing Winston’s punishment hints the academic side of campus has reached its saturation point with embarrassments related to its quarterback. Maybe it has to do with the fact that a Title IX investigation of Winston continuesin relation to the December 2012 sexual encounter that did not result in criminal charges. Maybe it has to do with the fact the school is under investigation by the U.S. Department of Education for the way it has handled reports of sexual assault.

http://sports.yahoo....1876-ncaaf.html

Didn't something like this come out the week bama played A&M last year as well?

This Forde article is not NEWS - this investigation started years ago, the women's basketball coach was fired, etc. The state of Mississippi is getting tons of attention this week because they have highly ranked teams that are playing highly ranked opponents. Dumbarse Pat Forde is whoring himself out to get hits and drags up this old trash to get attention during a week when MSU/OleMiss are in the headlines.

Pat Forde is one of the reasons I grew to be so disgusted with ESPN. During the 2010 run, he was one of the key bangers of the drum, on a daily basis, that Cam Newton and Auburn were guilty. I have no respect for Pat Forde and whether what he reports is true or not, I always have to wonder about his agenda and take it with a grain of salt.

Thank you - Forde does nothing different from what he's been doing for years, dragging up old garbage and re-hashing old material in attempt to fool readers into clicking his articles. His agenda is to stir up crap, make accusations, and try to act like he's bringing "news" to the masses.

Thank you - Forde does nothing different from what he's been doing for years, dragging up old garbage and re-hashing old material in attempt to fool readers into clicking his articles. His agenda is to stir up crap, make accusations, and try to act like he's bringing "news" to the masses.

Yep, Like the traffic cops in Waldo, FL...it's almost certain that these guys have quotas for their work and what better way to gin up a bunch of activity than to write something a few days before a big game that will cause the bammers to ping his site. When the IB rolls around, we can look for him to write some breathless article about Nick's problems or whatever. That's life in the age of 24 hour "news".

Their MO never changes. Can't compete on a level playing field so......Spread the $$$

You have got to be the greatest overachiever in history.

and you must be the greatest south end of a north bound mule in history. Next?

Three things in life are certain. Death, taxes and if either Kentucky or a university in Mississippi are having football success, they've been cheating.

re the FSU topic hijack, I posted here last Spring that FSU "re-opened" it's investigation of Winston to find a student code violation (not hard to do) to paint Winston as a rogue actor, scapegoating him for purposes of University civil rights violation punishment mitigation. Yahoo sports is getting slow but they're spot on re our local rag the "Tallahassee Democrat" which goes so far as to not even PRINT in it's sports page victories by UF when it was ranked in the top 10.

Guessing, if it ain't detectable.... ass end you can't see, hear, or lay hold of it.... they must performing a work in process.

Archived