10 Reasons LSU Will Defeat Auburn

CajunLSUBayou

1. Brandon Harris - Harris just has the it factor. It was evident when he played in the 4th quarter against Mississippi St, and it was evident when he led the team to 7 touchdowns in 7 drives against New Mexico St. He has a great arm and great speed/agility.

2. Chavis versus Malzahn - Chavis has held Malzahn offenses in check. While Gus was either the head coach or offensive coordinator at Auburn, Auburn has scored 10, 24, 10, and 21 against LSU. That is an average of 16.25 which is obviously much less than Malzahn's average points a Auburn.

3. Les Miles against Auburn - Miles is 7-2 against Auburn and seems to always have something special in the gameplan against you guys like the Keiland Williams td pass a few years ago.

4. Kwon Alexander - Kwon will be playing in his home state. He has been the brightest spot on the defense this year and will be all over the field on Saturday.

5. Cornerback on Receiver Matchups - Auburn has 2 very good wide receivers, but LSU has 2 shutdown corners in Robinson and White. All 4 of these players will be in the NFL one day. LSU is one of the only teams that can negate these 2 guys.

6. LSU's RB Quartet - Fournette gets all the hype, but Hillaird, Magee and Williams are no slouches. Williams has been a pleasant surprise as a freshman. Hillaird and Magee are vets that can hurt you in a variety of ways.

7. Auburn's route tree - I watched Auburn's entire game against Kansas St. It seems the only routes in the playbook are fly, hitch and button hook. LSU will be prepared based on the film and will get a couple interceptions.

8. LSU's young wide receivers - You may not be too familiar with the names unless you follow recruiting. Dural is a major deep threat with top end speed. Diarse is a monster after the catch. Quinn is a precise route runner in the slot. Dupree is an all around receiver with great leaping ability.

9. LSU's athletic defense ends - Teams that struggle with the zone read have unathletic defensive ends. Rasco and Hunter have elite speed at that position and will give Marshall trouble when trying to get the edge.

10. Special Teams - Fournette has come very close a few times to breaking a kickoff return. Jamie Keehn is a great punter. Delahousaye is automatic on field goals. Cameron Gamble can boot it out the endzone everytime on kickoffs.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ONLY reason LSU could beat Auburn is if the o-line continues to suck. If that's fixed, you're in for a long game, along with your grass chewing coach (whom I readily admit is a funny guy).

1. Brandon Harris - Harris just has the it factor. It was evident when he played in the 4th quarter against Mississippi St, and it was evident when he led the team to 7 touchdowns in 7 drives against New Mexico St. He has a great arm and great speed/agility. To me, this says a lot about where you actually think your team is IF you're putting an unproven true freshman as the #1 reason you will win.

2. Chavis versus Malzahn - Chavis has held Malzahn offenses in check. While Gus was either the head coach or offensive coordinator at Auburn, Auburn has scored 10, 24, 10, and 21 against LSU. That is an average of 16.25 which is obviously much less than Malzahn's average points a Auburn Well documented point, but Chavis also doesn't have the experienced horses that he has in the past.

3. Les Miles against Auburn - Miles is 7-2 against Auburn and seems to always have something special in the gameplan against you guys like the Keiland Williams td pass a few years ago. If you lose, will you also blame the loss on Miles like 90% of LSU fans? It's history, thanks for the reminder.

4. Kwon Alexander - Kwon will be playing in his home state. He has been the brightest spot on the defense this year and will be all over the field on Saturday. Kwon is good, wish he was on our team.

5. Cornerback on Receiver Matchups - Auburn has 2 very good wide receivers, but LSU has 2 shutdown corners in Robinson and White. All 4 of these players will be in the NFL one day. LSU is one of the only teams that can negate these 2 guys. Will Chavis matchup good vs. good? Duke Williams plays mostly in the Slot, where LSU is missing the starter at Nickel. The most important point is whether Auburn is throwing when we want to or if LSU is forcing us to throw.

6. LSU's RB Quartet - Fournette gets all the hype, but Hillaird, Magee and Williams are no slouches. Williams has been a pleasant surprise as a freshman. Hillaird and Magee are vets that can hurt you in a variety of ways. Meh, LSU always has good RBs.

7. Auburn's route tree - I watched Auburn's entire game against Kansas St. It seems the only routes in the playbook are fly, hitch and button hook. LSU will be prepared based on the film and will get a couple interceptions. You watched one game...I wish Chavis had that mentality this week in preparation.

8. LSU's young wide receivers - You may not be too familiar with the names unless you follow recruiting. Dural is a major deep threat with top end speed. Diarse is a monster after the catch. Quinn is a precise route runner in the slot. Dupree is an all around receiver with great leaping ability. Their talented no doubt. LSU also always has impressive talent at WR. We'll need to respect them, but damn sure glad Landry & Beckham aren't back.

9. LSU's athletic defense ends - Teams that struggle with the zone read have unathletic defensive ends. Rasco and Hunter have elite speed at that position and will give Marshall trouble when trying to get the edge. What if we run up the middle? LSU has been struggling at DT and MLB...

10. Special Teams - Fournette has come very close a few times to breaking a kickoff return. Jamie Keehn is a great punter. Delahousaye is automatic on field goals. Cameron Gamble can boot it out the endzone everytime on kickoffs. Wash, both teams have awesome special teams units.

Thanks for posting by the way. ;)

Those are decent points but you left out a few details.

1.Your shut down corners were torched against Miss St, the only somewhat legitimate team LSU has played,( in your house none the less) We do have more than Sammie Coates and Duke Williams on the receiving roster, Recardo Lewis, Quan Bray, etc...

2. MSU's QB RAN ALL OVER LSU, what do you think Nick Marshall will do?

3. We have been tested in the fire and came out on top on the, one on the road, against two quality opponents ( Yes, Arkansas is a Quality opponent)

4. Our Defense has been tested against mobile QB's

5. We are at HOME

6. This is the game we have been preparing for, revenge is a great motivating factor in sports

7. I know it, you know it and both teams know that Auburn is better. We want LSU bad

The D-Coord for LSU is good but he did not have any answers last year other than the rain in the first half and bad calls by the refs( on sides kick)

While I think it will be a good game for a half, we will pull away in the second half because LSU is not in good enough shape to keep up with the real Tigers!!

The ONLY reason LSU could beat Auburn is if the o-line continues to suck. If that's fixed, you're in for a long game, along with your grass chewing coach (whom I readily admit is a funny guy).

^^^Pretty much.

On the list of things I'm worried about LSU's run game and their "shut down CBs" are pretty close to the bottom of the list. Given the choice between Arkansas' guys and LSU's, I'll take the Hogs. They ran for 153 yards on us. 2 yards in the second half. I feel about the same as I felt at the end of 2010. If you're going to score on us, it won't be the run game. As for the CBs, Duke's better, and frankly, it's not the route tree that beats you. It's everything to goes on during the route. Nick extends plays, and as they say, no CB can cover forever. On top of that, we force CBs and Safeties to provide run support. They get lost in the option and play action game. It happens basically every week.

As for the Chief has Gus' number thing, it's great to point to 24 points in 2010. I point to 440 yards rushing. He didn't have anything "figured out" in 2010. We controlled the clock the entire game. We ran it how we wanted, when we wanted. As for last year, we scored 21 points, but we were sitting on the 3 yard line about to put 28 points on the board in the second half. If anything, I came away thinking we were 10 minutes away from winning that game.

In the first half, we had 119 yards and 3 turnovers (plus a turnover on downs). In the second half, we had 328 yards, 21 points, and turned in over on downs in the last minute after driving to the 4 yard line (and getting a silly penalty). Again, if anything, I'd say our offense found its groove against Chief's defense. The notion that he "figured out" Gus' offense is crazy. LSU had much, much better players in 2009 and 2011. In 2010, our offense dominated the game. Last year, we turned it over four times, had two turnovers on downs, and still posted 450 yards and 21 points. We won't turn it over 6 times this year.

1. Brandon Harris - Harris just has the it factor. It was evident when he played in the 4th quarter against Mississippi St, and it was evident when he led the team to 7 touchdowns in 7 drives against New Mexico St. He has a great arm and great speed/agility.

2. Chavis versus Malzahn - Chavis has held Malzahn offenses in check. While Gus was either the head coach or offensive coordinator at Auburn, Auburn has scored 10, 24, 10, and 21 against LSU. That is an average of 16.25 which is obviously much less than Malzahn's average points a Auburn.

3. Les Miles against Auburn - Miles is 7-2 against Auburn and seems to always have something special in the gameplan against you guys like the Keiland Williams td pass a few years ago.

4. Kwon Alexander - Kwon will be playing in his home state. He has been the brightest spot on the defense this year and will be all over the field on Saturday.

5. Cornerback on Receiver Matchups - Auburn has 2 very good wide receivers, but LSU has 2 shutdown corners in Robinson and White. All 4 of these players will be in the NFL one day. LSU is one of the only teams that can negate these 2 guys.

6. LSU's RB Quartet - Fournette gets all the hype, but Hillaird, Magee and Williams are no slouches. Williams has been a pleasant surprise as a freshman. Hillaird and Magee are vets that can hurt you in a variety of ways.

7. Auburn's route tree - I watched Auburn's entire game against Kansas St. It seems the only routes in the playbook are fly, hitch and button hook. LSU will be prepared based on the film and will get a couple interceptions.

8. LSU's young wide receivers - You may not be too familiar with the names unless you follow recruiting. Dural is a major deep threat with top end speed. Diarse is a monster after the catch. Quinn is a precise route runner in the slot. Dupree is an all around receiver with great leaping ability.

9. LSU's athletic defense ends - Teams that struggle with the zone read have unathletic defensive ends. Rasco and Hunter have elite speed at that position and will give Marshall trouble when trying to get the edge.

10. Special Teams - Fournette has come very close a few times to breaking a kickoff return. Jamie Keehn is a great punter. Delahousaye is automatic on field goals. Cameron Gamble can boot it out the endzone everytime on kickoffs.

1. More "It" than Nick Marshall? Lulz
  2. Has NO bearing on this game. History.
  3. Again, same as above.
  4. He will have to play better, if playing in AL mattered to him that much why is he at LSU?
  5. This is your best point, but I think Duke is better than all of them. This one will be a battle.
  6. This is a push at best.
  7. Excellent. Because that is all we will run... ;).
  8. They all WILL BE very good, later. Are you seriously using 4-5 True FR (including Harris) as a positive? On the road? SEC?
  9. Second best point, but only because we are still gelling on the OL. AU fans act as if our OL stinks, but #'s tell a different tale. If we see some improvement here... :nanner: .
  10. We can kick it a mile as well (KO's). Punts have been average, but Bray has 2 returns for TD already. Not enough here for either team to claim a big advantage. Could come down to your Punter vs. Quan Bray as a potential storyline.

In other words; WELCOME! But you will lose.

you forgot about the invisible guy that doesn't count

Good stuff here CLSUB. Thank you for posting.

For 2 and 3. It’s easy for Chavis to hold Malzahn in check and for Miles to have a winning record against Auburn. But for 2010, LSU has always had the better team. LSU doesn’t this year.

The 2010 numbers are more startling that you remember (or at least than I remembered). We had 52 carries averaging 8.5 ypc. We had a 200+ yard runner (Cam), a 100+ yard runner (Dyer), another guy at 21 ypc (McCalebb), a third RB with just under 10 ypc (Fannin), and a WR reverse for 12 yards. When we wanted, how we wanted. We cut that defense to ribbons. But yeah, 24 points. I'm sure Chief felt like he had Gus figured out after that game.

We can analyze and numbers crunch and speculate all week long (which is certainly fun to read!) but I believe that with all things Physically the way they are, there's only 1 necessary factor to determine who wins this game. Will Auburn come out with SJSU, KSU, LaTech focus? Or will Auburn come out with Arky/SEC focus?

I believe that this year, 2014, Auburn is the superior team physically based on experience and depth. We all know both Malzahn and Miles have tremendous coaching staffs. So those things being equal (so to speak) it really comes down to Auburn simply playing with passion, fire & focus which, in turn, will help tremendously with execution.

I, for one, believe that will happen as that's what I think our Tigers have been gearing for all season up to this point. It's been posted and said many times that teams such as Arkansas and KSU have focused their entire off-season/pre-seasons on preparing for Auburn. Well, I believe Auburn focused their off-season/pre-season on preparing for THIS part of their schedule.

If I'm proven wrong...well, I'll still be pulling for the Orange & Blue next week too!

Those are decent points but you left out a few details.

1.Your shut down corners were torched against Miss St, the only somewhat legitimate team LSU has played,( in your house none the less) We do have more than Sammie Coates and Duke Williams on the receiving roster, Recardo Lewis, Quan Bray, etc...

2. MSU's QB RAN ALL OVER LSU, what do you think Nick Marshall will do?

3. We have been tested in the fire and came out on top on the, one on the road, against two quality opponents ( Yes, Arkansas is a Quality opponent)

4. Our Defense has been tested against mobile QB's

5. We are at HOME

6. This is the game we have been preparing for, revenge is a great motivating factor in sports

7. I know it, you know it and both teams know that Auburn is better. We want LSU bad

The D-Coord for LSU is good but he did not have any answers last year other than the rain in the first half and bad calls by the refs( on sides kick)

While I think it will be a good game for a half, we will pull away in the second half because LSU is not in good enough shape to keep up with the real Tigers!!

There weren't many catches against White and Robinson against Miss St. The catches were against Ronald Martin and Dwayne Thomas. Expect Jamal Adams to play more in place of those 2 (Thomas is hurt.) Martin is a better run stopper than a coverage safety. Adams will get a bunch of playing time.

You guys got a bunch of junk points and scores when LSU was up big last season.

On the list of things I'm worried about LSU's run game and their "shut down CBs" are pretty close to the bottom of the list. Given the choice between Arkansas' guys and LSU's, I'll take the Hogs. They ran for 153 yards on us. 2 yards in the second half. I feel about the same as I felt at the end of 2010. If you're going to score on us, it won't be the run game. As for the CBs, Duke's better, and frankly, it's not the route tree that beats you. It's everything to goes on during the route. Nick extends plays, and as they say, no CB can cover forever. On top of that, we force CBs and Safeties to provide run support. They get lost in the option and play action game. It happens basically every week.

As for the Chief has Gus' number thing, it's great to point to 24 points in 2010. I point to 440 yards rushing. He didn't have anything "figured out" in 2010. We controlled the clock the entire game. We ran it how we wanted, when we wanted. As for last year, we scored 21 points, but we were sitting on the 3 yard line about to put 28 points on the board in the second half. If anything, I came away thinking we were 10 minutes away from winning that game.

In the first half, we had 119 yards and 3 turnovers (plus a turnover on downs). In the second half, we had 328 yards, 21 points, and turned in over on downs in the last minute after driving to the 4 yard line (and getting a silly penalty). Again, if anything, I'd say our offense found its groove against Chief's defense. The notion that he "figured out" Gus' offense is crazy. LSU had much, much better players in 2009 and 2011. In 2010, our offense dominated the game. Last year, we turned it over four times, had two turnovers on downs, and still posted 450 yards and 21 points. We won't turn it over 6 times this year.

I thought points mattered more than yards. Crazy me

1. More "It" than Nick Marshall? Lulz
  2. Has NO bearing on this game. History.
  3. Again, same as above.
  4. He will have to play better, if playing in AL mattered to him that much why is he at LSU?
  5. This is your best point, but I think Duke is better than all of them. This one will be a battle.
  6. This is a push at best.
  7. Excellent. Because that is all we will run... ;).
  8. They all WILL BE very good, later. Are you seriously using 4-5 True FR (including Harris) as a positive? On the road? SEC?
  9. Second best point, but only because we are still gelling on the OL. AU fans act as if our OL stinks, but #'s tell a different tale. If we see some improvement here... :nanner: .
  10. We can kick it a mile as well (KO's). Punts have been average, but Bray has 2 returns for TD already. Not enough here for either team to claim a big advantage. Could come down to your Punter vs. Quan Bray as a potential storyline.

In other words; WELCOME! But you will lose.

how does two coaches scheming against each other and one coach getting the best of the matchup 3 out of 4 times have nothing to do with this game?

Also, Dural is a redshirt sophomore and Diarse is a redshirt freshman. They all aren't true freshman like you said. Do some research on your opponent.

You guys got a bunch of junk points and scores when LSU was up big last season.

Again, you're #1 reason was Harris, who by your own definition scored a bunch of junk points against MSU and plowed a futile opponent.
Do some research on your opponent.

Wow, this coming from the guy who admitted he's only watched ONE Auburn game this season.

Take another shot of bourbon CajunLesBayou and try again...

Archived