2016 recruit takes his life

lutzcammed

I can't start a topic, so I'm posting here. A young man from Hazel Green high school(Defensive end) Julian Jones tragically took his life this morning. His father was Anthony Jones former head coach at Alabama A & M.

The news reported the junior was being recruited among others by Auburn, South Carolina, and Mississippi state. I'm not sure how much interest we had in him, but it doesn't really matter. A young man with a bright future took his life. If you ever see someone who appears troubled, please take a little time and speak with them. Some times an encouraging word or two can go a long way.

If there was a thread posted, sorry, I didn't see it.

I can't start a topic, so I'm posting here. A young man from Hazel Green high school(Defensive end) Julian Jones tragically took his life this morning. His father was Anthony Jones former head coach at Alabama A & M.

The news reported the junior was being recruited among others by Auburn, South Carolina, and Mississippi state. I'm not sure how much interest we had in him, but it doesn't really matter. A young man with a bright future took his life. If you ever see someone who appears troubled, please take a little time and speak with them. Some times an encouraging word or two can go a long way.

If there was a thread posted, sorry, I didn't see it.

So sorry to hear this. Thanks for making us aware. BTW, once you hit 50 posts you can start new threads.

It has been a rough 2 days so far around these parts. I am an assistant baseball coach at Hazel Green. Julian actually had offers from Miss st amd South Carolina already. He had torn his acl about a month ago and some Auburn coaches were on our campus to check up on him and see how his surgery went. Was hearing that Auburn was very interested in him. Such a horrible thing to happen to a great kid. No one understands why right now. He was always the kid with a huge smile and that made everyone else around him happy. Thank you Auburn family for the thoughts and prayers.

Praying for the family and community. Very sad news. Like the post above. Speak to someone if u are hurting. Or speak to somebody who's down. Be good to one another. You never know

Always incredibly sad to hear anyone, but especially a young person who is so lost that they turn to taking their life. It should be a reminder to all of us that you never know what the person next to you is going through, even if they don't show it. My heart goes out for his family and friends.

The Hazel Green Trojans beat Huntsville 42-12 in honor of there teammate Julian Jones. Boys played their heart out tonight and you could tell how much this game meant to them. R.I.P#11 #Fami11y

So sad for this family, players/team family, and couches as a family with players. Prayers going up to the one true God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ!!!

Archived