2016 4* RB Antonio Williams (Ohio State commit)

ellitor

4_1337327.jpg

New London, NC (North Stanly)

5'10, 210 lbs

Auburn offered 10-7-2014

Other notable offers: Wiskt, UF, UGA, Michigan and FSU

Stats through 6 games this season per Max Preps

-1428 yards &18 TDs on 106 carries with a 13.5 yards per carry average.

-238 yards per game with three games over 300 yards rushing

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eye-popping stats, indeed. What kind of competition is he facing?

Really bad. 1A but don't discredit him for it. KJ is playing versus a similar level in this state. There are only 2 teams worth a darn, Madison Academy and Leeds. And no I'm not saying AW is better than KJ. There have been a number of kids who dominated 1As in their state that have done well in college, just as there have been some busts.

Eye-popping stats, indeed. What kind of competition is he facing?

Really bad. 1A but don't discredit him for it. KJ is playing versus a similar level in this state. There are only 2 teams worth a darn, Madison Academy and Leeds. And no I'm not saying AW is better than KJ. There have been a number of kids who dominated 1As in their state that have done well in college, just as there have been some busts.

Yea, UGA had a pretty good one in Hershel Walker.

Does AU lead, or did he just "want the offer"? Secondly, is the offer committable?

1. Don't know. Wisky led before the AU offer. 2. Don't know that either. No intel has come out on that.

Does AU lead, or did he just "want the offer"? Secondly, is the offer committable?

1. Don't know. Wisky led before the AU offer. 2. Don't know that either. No intel has come out on that.

I listened to The Recruiting broadcast today with Hoke and KN and KN said he CB'd him to AU.

I listened to The Recruiting broadcast today with Hoke and KN and KN said he CB'd him to AU. He said Williams reminds him of Tre Mason and he would fit in well at AU. Williams told him getting the offer for AU was the most excited he has been for any offer to date.

I listened to The Recruiting broadcast today with Hoke and KN and KN said he CB'd him to AU.

I know he did. That does not mean the offer is commoitable. Keith has CBed a few prospects to AU at various times who in the end did not have commitable offers to AU.

according to some wisky sources, they feel good about him, but not great. Been selling him in the Melvin Gordon/James White role in the offense as well as a transition to more of a spread power offense once they get the athletic QB the new staff desires to run it.

Wisconsin lost to LSU this year. Nuff said

Just confirms what we already know. A mid level SEC team is better than an upper level Big Ten team.

Just confirms what we already know. A mid level SEC team is better than an upper level Big Ten team.

right. Wisky's running backs might average 200 rushing yards a game but as a team, they are not worth much outside the big ten.

Saw how you were sliding that mid level jab in there. It made Les wince.

The West is so strong the 6th or last place team in the West would be #1 or 2 in the East.

The West is so strong the 6th or last place team in the West would be #1 or 2 in the East.

We'll certainly find out this Saturday.

#7 in the West Arky faces #1 in the East UGA. It should be a really good game.

IMO Arky will end #6 in the West and it will be LSU #7.

IMO Arky will end #6 in the West and it will be LSU #7.

Agreed. Or at least LSU is the worst team in the West- they just might not finish that way record-wise b/c of differences in their SECE opponents. LSU plays UF (already won) and UK. Arky gets UGA and Mizzoo. Not sure at this point who's worse on that side of the aisle, but we know UF is very, very bad.

Antonio Williams, other topical content, blah blah blah... (I just didn't want to be the one to get told to get back OT :) )

Agreed. Or at least LSU is the worst team in the West- they just might not finish that way record-wise b/c of differences in their SECE opponents. LSU plays UF (already won) and UK. Arky gets UGA and Mizzoo. Not sure at this point who's worse on that side of the aisle, but we know UF is very, very bad.

I don't think the East imbalance will matter. I have Arky winning 3 SEC games by beating LSU, Mizzou, and 1 maybe 2 upsets of UGA, Ole Miss, or Mss St. The more I think about it the more i'm convince Arky will spoil Miss St or Ole Miss specifically. As for LSU I have them going 2-6 with this weekend against UK being their last SEC win of the season. At worst I have Arky finishing 2-6 winning the tie breaker for 6th in the West by beating LSU at home.

Back to the OP

This kid plays in a weak 2A conference where teams routinely put up 50-70 points against each other and the stats are ridiculous...one guy ran for 470 yards in a single game a couple weeks ago.

Just sayin' that the films and stats are not much of a reference and I have to wonder if he is really SEC material. JMO but his other offers probably indicate he is a good risk and can get into the more academic schools.

I don't think the East imbalance will matter. I have Arky winning 3 SEC games by beating LSU, Mizzou, and 1 maybe 2 upsets of UGA, Ole Miss, or Mss St. The more I think about it the more i'm convince Arky will spoil Miss St or Ole Miss specifically. As for LSU I have them going 2-6 with this weekend against UK being their last SEC win of the season. At worst I have Arky finishing 2-6 winning the tie breaker for 6th in the West by beating LSU at home.

Things can certainly change E, but Arky was stomped yesterday by UGA. The final score was not an indicator of how they got beat. They will have to rebound bigtime to get the 3 wins you are talking about. Also, it is crazy how things can turn around week to week. LSU looked very good yesterday.

Archived